Any of u ever dyno tune ur bike?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:36 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person
Any of u ever dyno tune ur bike?

This is probably a dumb question because most of u are morons and treat ur stunt bikes like crap, but Im just wondering if any of u ever dyno tune ur stunt bikes? I just did, running 18 full passes in 6th gear for safe hp on 93 octane (99.76 whp 43lbft tq) . We also made seperate runs while running the bike at 4,500 rpm at 215 degrees (my standard idle & operating temp) playing with the fuel table and tps settings. My bike runs soooo smooth its redonkulous. The bike has a FMF Apex 9inch can, K&N filter, PC3usb, clean air mod, cut ram air tubes and 1-4 matching velocity stacks. Gearing is 15 & 60. Thanks to Huey at Marietta Motorsports for the custom tune, I now have ZERO BOG! And one of the smoothest power curves ever on an f4i... 7whp is ALOT and its def feelable in the revs.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:38 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Any of u ever dyno tune ur bike?

it's not that most of us don't take care of our bikes, it's that most of us RIDE them!

but on a side note, what bike did you do this on? If its a f4i, running 93 octane is worthless. The bike produces the most power on 86 octane, so just run pump 87 and save money
Old 07-29-2009, 08:40 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

i had always thought the the whole pc3 and dyno tune was a bunch of bullshit untill i just bought my r6 which was fully tuned to the akrapovic that was on it. the difference is ******* rediculous, its sooo much smoother and faster than my old r6. unfortunately i took off the akrapovic and put on a shorty pipe so now its not running that good anymore, soon as i get some extra loot im gonna go get it retuned to this pipe cuz it really does make a world of difference.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:44 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
it's not that most of us don't take care of our bikes, it's that most of us RIDE them!

but on a side note, what bike did you do this on? If its a f4i, running 93 octane is worthless. The bike produces the most power on 86 octane, so just run pump 87 and save money
REEEEEAAAALLLY? By running more octane wouldnt u be allowed to run it leaner gaining more hp smart guy?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:45 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ROWDY
REEEEEAAAALLLY? By running more octane wouldnt u be allowed to run it leaner gaining more hp smart guy?
you could also advance your timing

but are you doing all that?

I'm not going for world record speed runs, i'd just get a faster bike if I was. Just looking for reliable smooth power, which is what f4i's put down on 86 octane
Old 07-29-2009, 08:47 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

did you get charged or was it a hook up? I wanna get rid of the infamous f4i bog and wouldnt mind making the drive over to get it done right, just depends on the price.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:48 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

you could also advance your timing

but are you doing all that?

I'm not going for world record speed runs, i'd just get a faster bike if I was. Just looking for reliable smooth power, which is what f4i's put down on 86 octane
So what ur saying is to advance my timing and run less octane gas? U wouldnt make it very far in the drag racing world
Old 07-29-2009, 08:53 PM
highchair coaster burnout

jcf4i is a decent person

i think the PRO that tuned his bike probably know more than any of us bullshitters about this...
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Originally Posted by Beto
did you get charged or was it a hook up? I wanna get rid of the infamous f4i bog and wouldnt mind making the drive over to get it done right, just depends on the price.
It was done as part of my sponsorship program for 09. But it made a DRASTIC difference in the bikes idle, and of course off idle performance. Circle combos can just stall out and let the clutch back out with no throttle input. Its crazy that its an F4i

Originally Posted by Beto
Before you do you any tuning, make 100% sure you bike is in top notch shape.. New plugs, adjust valves, sync throttle bodies, THEN think about tuning it on a dyno
Old 07-29-2009, 08:54 PM

So what ur saying is to advance my timing and run less octane gas? U wouldnt make it very far in the drag racing world
uh no

I said "you could also advance your timing"
AKA by running 93, you can lean it out a little, and advance your timing.

But I didn't know this discussion was about drag racing, I assumed it was about stunting and making your bike run the best it possibly can.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:02 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

uh no

I said "you could also advance your timing"
AKA by running 93, you can lean it out a little, and advance your timing.
Good deal, and Yes that was def part of the tune thats in the PC3 right now. It drifts better, runs cooler, screams all the way through the rpm range and has the best pulling idle of any f4i Ive ever ridden. And Ive ridden ALOT of f4i's
Old 07-29-2009, 09:09 PM

Good deal, and Yes that was def part of the tune thats in the PC3 right now. It drifts better, runs cooler, screams all the way through the rpm range and has the best pulling idle of any f4i Ive ever ridden. And Ive ridden ALOT of f4i's
I've only ridden a few, and mine runs like ***

35k miles, never synced the TB's, never adjusted the valves, new plugs at 28k

I didn't really think about you leaning your bike out, was just used to people dumping 91+ octane in their f4i and saying how they felt the power, when they probably actually lost power (people who DONT tune their bikes)
oh ya done posting whoring your thread out =P
Old 07-29-2009, 09:15 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

HA! Plugs & Throttlebodies are a MUST bro. For idle things its night and day difference. I happen to treat my bike like a race bike with the maintainence, but of course ride it like a stuntbike.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

dam .I need to get down there and ride your f4i Rowdy , I put my f4i together from parts people were giving away and its the best f4i I have ridden, I cant Imagine what yours rides like
Old 07-29-2009, 10:13 PM

Scott982 is a decent person

My 636 has a full akro system and was tuned on the dyno. The power difference over stock is huge but idle felt like **** on the first map which was more for the track. I had it retuned and now it pulls so hard on stock gears it is ridiculous. If anyone needs a tune in Texas you can't go wrong with AF1 Racing outside of Austin.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:25 PM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Originally Posted by skillz
dam .I need to get down there and ride your f4i Rowdy , I put my f4i together from parts people were giving away and its the best f4i I have ridden, I cant Imagine what yours rides like
Its def a 636 killer!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

Its def a 636 killer!
going to have to look into some plugs
Old 07-29-2009, 10:29 PM

Endotransit will become famous soon enough

Not alot of people realize what a properly set-up bike can do for them. My F4i has gobs of power compared to my friends f4i's. None of them understand why i sync my throttle bodies at the beginning of every season and check valve clearances as well. I planned on getting a power commander this year but being laid off hasnt alowed me to spend money where i WANT to. Glad to hear it helped out as much as it did. A bike that looks the business should run well too.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:29 PM

Endotransit will become famous soon enough

Got ne shirts yet rowdy?

Quick Reply: Any of u ever dyno tune ur bike?