Any interest in "stunt" transmission gears?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 02:43 PM

408FAB is a decent person
Re: Any interest in "stunt" transmission gears?

Don't 636's have cassette style transmissions? You should be able to slide the gear stack out from the housing, shift forks and all, swap a taller 6th on and put it all back together in an afternoon, no?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

The new ones might, I don't think the older ones do. I know my 08 ZX-10 has a cassette style.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:47 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

2 speed rear wheel .
Old 07-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Registered Abuser

edwardcarter can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by old man roger
2 speed rear wheel .
Yeah!! Derailer, like on a mtn. bike!!!! Is it possible ?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:54 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

2 speed rear wheel .
i guarantee if you build it they will sell
Old 07-31-2009, 06:55 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by edwardcarter
Yeah!! Derailer, like on a mtn. bike!!!! Is it possible ?
im not saying a derailer im saying a two speed rear wheel like a planetary gear drive in the hub
Old 07-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Registered Abuser

mmmm i like your style, sounds pricey and very breakable tho
Old 07-31-2009, 06:59 PM
also known as OMR

mmmm i like your style, sounds pricey and very breakable tho
i dont think it would be breakable at all but yes probably pricey ..

if done right the wheel could fit alot of different bikes though so you could keep it when ever you changed up bikes
Old 07-31-2009, 07:04 PM
Registered Abuser

sounds like you put alot of thought into this, gonna make it ??
Old 07-31-2009, 07:05 PM
also known as OMR

sounds like you put alot of thought into this, gonna make it ??
i was hoping some on else would ...lol
Old 07-31-2009, 07:11 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

i was hoping some on else would ...lol
come on omr.......diversify
Old 07-31-2009, 07:13 PM

Skinny_J is a decent person

i dont think it would be breakable at all but yes probably pricey ..

if done right the wheel could fit alot of different bikes though so you could keep it when ever you changed up bikes
They make em for mountain bikes already!! Called a geared internal hub, you dont see too many of them around, Probably cuz of the price, I think theyre around 500 for a good one. they hold up descent from what I've heard.

As far as making a longer 6th gear, Sounds like a great idea.... I dont know if it would be a big issue but there would be parts in your transmissoin that are going to be spinning waaaaay faster than they're designed to spin so I would worry about bearings and seals going out faster.

So if you can make a 6th gear long enough to go freeway speeds with a 60 tooth sprocket, Could you alter first and second gear to do parking lot tricks with relatively stock gearing?? Also that way your counter shaft would never spin faster than its supposed to which would be less wear and tear on the tranny/motor
Old 07-31-2009, 07:16 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Skinny_J
They make em for mountain bikes already!! Called a geared internal hub, you dont see too many of them around, Probably cuz of the price, I think theyre around 500 for a good one. they hold up descent from what I've heard.

As far as making a longer 6th gear, Sounds like a great idea.... I dont know if it would be a big issue but there would be parts in your transmissoin that are going to be spinning waaaaay faster than they're designed to spin so I would worry about bearings and seals going out faster.

So if you can make a 6th gear long enough to go freeway speeds with a 60 tooth sprocket, Could you alter first and second gear to do parking lot tricks with relatively stock gearing?? Also that way your counter shaft would never spin faster than its supposed to which would be less wear and tear on the tranny/motor
some one didnt read the rest of the thread ...lol
Old 07-31-2009, 07:20 PM

Skinny_J is a decent person

I did I just forgot a few details already, I shoulda emphasized more on the parts spinning really fast issue.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:58 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

no more room to do 1st and 2nd.

and omr thats a great thought. I've never thought about it and I work with planetary gear boxes all the time..LOL
Old 08-01-2009, 01:35 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by frayz
no more room to do 1st and 2nd.

and omr thats a great thought. I've never thought about it and I work with planetary gear boxes all the time..LOL
well then youre our man , get on it
Old 08-01-2009, 02:09 AM
Life is a Risk so Live It

OnPoint is a decent person

I've thought about doing it in the rear wheel as well, but didn't think they could withstand the force.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:13 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by OnPoint
I've thought about doing it in the rear wheel as well, but didn't think they could withstand the force.
i've seen the smallest shitiest looking planetary systems in cars and trucks that weigh 4000 pounds , a bike is 400 pounds , i dont think it would be a problem
Old 08-01-2009, 02:16 AM
also known as OMR

ever really look at how little aluminum is in between each cush drive in your rear wheel ?

i have four sections on my 636 wheel and they are so thin from the factory you wouldnt think they would take all the abuse we give them but they do ....
Old 08-01-2009, 02:18 AM
also known as OMR

ever see the splines on a car axle ? they are so tiny but thats all thats moving your car ...

Quick Reply: Any interest in "stunt" transmission gears?