Pushed out clip-ons?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 06:05 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Pushed out clip-ons?

Originally Posted by WolfmanJack
It does have a rubber hose coming out of the side at a 45 degree angle.
well then you can just move it ..
Old 08-01-2009, 12:10 PM

DC-stunts is a decent person

Thanks guys, I am 6 foot 1 so getting into staggered is a bit of a challenge for me, but i am still working on it, how do you move the resevior, can it be adjusted? i will go ahead and cut my tabs and push them out as far as i can either way to see how it feels.
Bro Im 6 3 and I ride staggered all the time you just have to feel the bike out but you will get it. And the bars move them out you will like it.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:39 PM
STILL ON PROBATION!

WolfmanJack is a decent person

Originally Posted by DC-stunts
Bro Im 6 3 and I ride staggered all the time you just have to feel the bike out but you will get it. And the bars move them out you will like it.

Thanks, going to push them out as far as they will go.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:17 AM
STILL ON PROBATION!

Originally Posted by Suicidl
If you have the fixed res on the master. Get a new master with a remote res

Heres a pic of the resevior and the rear master. . . fixed or remote?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ATT00001 (2).jpg
Views:	33
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	229084   Click image for larger version

Name:	ATT00001 (3).jpg
Views:	46
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	229085  
Old 08-02-2009, 01:39 AM

Scott982 is a decent person

^^^ That's a fixed master.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:47 PM
zippy tie rider

GSXRROCKER is a decent person

ok... so after the urging of a few people i finally flipped my clip ons... But i really don't see the point in it, feeling wise the only difference is that it forces me to straighten out my arms while i'm riding which i don't like... i feel to rigid... I haven't had time to go stunt cause of work...

any imput?
Old 08-03-2009, 04:14 AM
STILL ON PROBATION!

Originally Posted by GSXRROCKER
ok... so after the urging of a few people i finally flipped my clip ons... But i really don't see the point in it, feeling wise the only difference is that it forces me to straighten out my arms while i'm riding which i don't like... i feel to rigid... I haven't had time to go stunt cause of work...

any imput?

Mine aren't flipped and I haven't gotten a chance to cut the tabs and push them out just yet, but how long have you had it that way? I would think that it would take some time to get used to it. From what all the guys are saying (aside from personal preference of course) it seems to be the way to go.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:27 AM
Built not bought

tys0n.cbr is a decent person

Originally Posted by ANTI-SOCIAL
stock bars on a sportbike are called clip-ons .
lmao
Old 08-03-2009, 05:00 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Heres a pic of the resevior and the rear master. . . fixed or remote?
that ''rubber hose'' is your brake line and like scott said your front brake has a fixed res and all you can do is maybe loosen the whole master and move it up or down a little
Old 08-03-2009, 05:07 AM
STILL ON PROBATION!

Originally Posted by old man roger
that ''rubber hose'' is your brake line and like scott said your front brake has a fixed res and all you can do is maybe loosen the whole master and move it up or down a little

I may try to move it a bit, going to cut the tabs on my days off this week and push it out as far as it will go to see how it feels then go from there.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:10 PM
zippy tie rider

Mine aren't flipped and I haven't gotten a chance to cut the tabs and push them out just yet, but how long have you had it that way? I would think that it would take some time to get used to it. From what all the guys are saying (aside from personal preference of course) it seems to be the way to go.
I pushed mine out like 6 months ago... It made a huge difference as far as controling a wheelie goes... I just flipped em yesterday and its weird... I went from having a stance like a bulldog, to have locked elbows and riding with my shoulders punched together...

I really don't see the advantage
Old 08-03-2009, 04:23 PM
zippy tie rider

I pushed mine out like 6 months ago... It made a huge difference as far as controling a wheelie goes... I just flipped em yesterday and its weird... I went from having a stance like a bulldog, to have locked elbows and riding with my shoulders punched together...

Old 08-03-2009, 04:39 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by GSXRROCKER

i like mine flipped because it raises them a little an gives me more leverage and control especially for stoppies
Old 08-03-2009, 04:51 PM
RIP Delores F.

BenStunts pa pa is a decent person

pushed and turned out clip-ons make you feel like a man agian after you forget to take ur hormone pills

hahahaha
STILL ON PROBATION!

i like mine flipped because it raises them a little an gives me more leverage and control especially for stoppies

That is what interests me as far as flipping them goes, i want to learn to roll long stoppies like the latest vid you were in. also want the added wheelie control from having them pushed out a bit.
RIP Delores F.

BenStunts pa pa is a decent person

yeah leverage
Old 08-06-2009, 02:35 AM

06_636 is a decent person

I have been told that cutting the tabs on clip ons is dangerous? is this true or is it not a problem?

Proverb - I need that triple tree clamp i paid you for or my money back
Old 08-06-2009, 03:33 AM

NoFixedAbode is a decent person

NOT true! They are locators for your basic idiot, so they do not stick em on the wrong way. It's like paint by numbers type thing.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:43 AM

06_636 is a decent person

thanks, did it tonight. feels good.

proverb- ????!!!!????
Old 08-08-2009, 05:50 AM
STILL ON PROBATION!

I need to get ahold of a hack saw!

Quick Reply: Pushed out clip-ons?