Boots Who Wears Them

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 03:06 PM
Look out for big trucks!!

Rudy-eastcoastX is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to wear boots- but ever since 12's I started to just wear air walks. I never get over 20 mph so who needs the extra stiff protection.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:09 PM
On Probation - Rebel member

420f4i is an unknown quantity at this point
dont wear steel toes. they can cut ur toes off if u crash wrong and the steel bend the right way. never seen it but it can happen. skate shoes are better than steel toes. i ride with skate shoes but im gettin ridin boots as soon as i get extra cash. ive seen too many pics in here that could have been prevented if u spent a lil cash. 200 is worth not having to limp for the rest of your life.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:30 PM

ndublanko is an unknown quantity at this point
Skate shoes are the **** for style, comfort, and movement for sure. Great all-around athletic shoes. (mostly)
Boots are definitely better & safer, but I find them quite inconvenient.

As a side note, most people don't realize that gear is for protection more than style, and boots sometimes make you look like a try-hard in the eyes of random girls. It's up to you if you care about that or not, but I guess gear is all about personal preference to begin with.

Just my .02
Old 07-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Regular StuntLifer

wheeliefreak is an unknown quantity at this point
I ride in Teknic Lightning boots. I have had no problems with comfort or movement in them ever, but when it comes to skitching I hate doing it in them because they are way to expensive to grind the bottom off of!
Old 07-23-2003, 06:51 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point
feel free to call me at the # below to purchase any of these items

got the sidi's in stock!!!

me, i wear vans.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:49 AM

smb123 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it's also worth mentioning that when you have gear on, your confidence goes up. There is no WAY I'd be at the level I am at without the appropriate gear I wear. I'm not talking about stunts here, either, I only ride lame wheelies and do 50mph stoppies -- but this is true for any kind of riding. You know you'll feel a lot more comfortable about crashing if you're geared up... and look better afterwards. The coolest looking guy is the one that gets up and walks away from a nasty crash and can laugh about it, not limp about it.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:53 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by smb123
I think it's also worth mentioning that when you have gear on, your confidence goes up. There is no WAY I'd be at the level I am at without the appropriate gear I wear.

Good point. I always try harder with gear on too.

The coolest looking guy is the one that gets up and walks away from a nasty crash and can laugh about it, not limp about it.
Walking away from crashes is my favorite part about riding.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:19 PM

stuntrider954 is an unknown quantity at this point
i went from 12oclock straight to 3oclock crash cage on my right foot i must have been pretty lucky because i got up and continued to stunt i couldnt put any pressure on it for a week after but now its pretty much good a little sore but im walkin on it
i like my adidas
Old 07-24-2003, 02:51 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Etnies or Vans for me, I just lace em' up tight!