leaking gas cap fix?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 10:51 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: leaking gas cap fix?

Originally Posted by mitc31089
no screw in sight.
read my post from earlier in this thread , the one with the picture of the cap
Old 07-24-2009, 10:53 PM

TWITCH101 is a decent person

i did. its not there. just a hole in the base. guess i could have explained that.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:54 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by WADESEC518
put the stock gas cap back on there neil problem fixxed
id love to but it came with this cap
Old 07-24-2009, 10:56 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i did. its not there. just a hole in the base. guess i could have explained that.
oh ok then just get some of the cork gasket paper and seal the base to the tank and make sure the oring on the cap is good
Old 07-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by old man roger
oh ok then just get some of the cork gasket paper and seal the base to the tank and make sure the oring on the cap is good

I already said that.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:59 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by MoHawk
I already said that.
and i agreed with you but he said he used the rubber stuff and it leaked so im telling him to try the cork
Old 07-24-2009, 11:11 PM

going to go to autozone and get the cork in the morning. I tried to get the cork sheet a few days ago but the guy at the counter was like " cork won't last long in gas. it breaks down too quick."
Old 07-24-2009, 11:24 PM
also known as OMR

going to go to autozone and get the cork in the morning. I tried to get the cork sheet a few days ago but the guy at the counter was like " cork won't last long in gas. it breaks down too quick."
i have had the cork on mine for years
Old 07-24-2009, 11:26 PM

hope mine works that well. if it does work.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:48 AM
motarded

jordanv3122 is a decent person

hey hey i better get some of that gasket stuff for my tank. cant be leaking on the new paint. hope it works
Old 07-25-2009, 01:41 AM
RED BULL BABY!!!

moto1399 is a decent person

Originally Posted by MoHawk
It is a one size thing. It is a make your own gasket sheet for custom manifolds. Ask for it.
And tell em yer boy MoHawk sent ya'
Old 07-25-2009, 01:42 AM
weed.

stunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond reputestunt fighter has a reputation beyond repute

so did sami sosa and it always worked out for him
Old 07-25-2009, 01:44 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by stunt fighter
so did sami sosa and it always worked out for him
it wast the cork that helped him ..lol
Old 07-25-2009, 06:38 AM

ct954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ask and behind the counter they have all differnt sizes. I bought a variety pack for $7. try differnt sizes untill it fits tight and dosen't leak.. They have rubber ones for chemicals. Get that one.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by moto1399
And tell em yer boy MoHawk sent ya'

Nah. I doubt they'll give you my 20% discount.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:00 PM
motarded

jordanv3122 is a decent person

how important is that vent hole? my bike seemed to run fine with a screw in it. i took the screw out tho after reading this thread. im trying to figure out where my cap leaks at and i held the tank upside down and gas actually didnt come from the base it came from the keyhole in the cap???im confused maybe i need an aftermarket cap?
Old 07-25-2009, 03:07 PM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i have an aftermarket gas cap on my r6..pro tek to be exact. from day one the cap has leaked, but didnt bother me much as it only dribbled a bit out the front of the cap when id set a wheelie down with a full tank of gas. well i dented the tank and rode it for the first time today and gas leaks pretty bad out of the back when in a wheelie. how can i seal this up and fast?

Mine leaked the same at the back. I filled it with a bunch of gasket maker yesturday and it didn't seem to leak at all after that! Hopefully it stays that way..
Old 07-25-2009, 03:15 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

i just stacked up 3 pieces of 1/32 thickness gasket paper to seal where the tank flange sits in the cap base, so we'll see if that stops it.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Post Whore Nazi

I'm riding on a dolphin, doing flips and ****. The dolphin's splashing, getting e'erbody all wet. ...... I hope this helps
Old 07-25-2009, 03:49 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by jordanv3122
how important is that vent hole? my bike seemed to run fine with a screw in it. i took the screw out tho after reading this thread. im trying to figure out where my cap leaks at and i held the tank upside down and gas actually didnt come from the base it came from the keyhole in the cap???im confused maybe i need an aftermarket cap?
the vent with a stock cap is just to let water out of the well around the filler hole because like you mentioned the stock cap will vent pressure through the key hole but with an after market cap that vent also allows the pressure to bleed off because the after market cap doesnt have a key hole

Quick Reply: leaking gas cap fix?