How you got your spot.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person
Re: How you got your spot.

Originally Posted by stunt fighter
you know they have seshes in alaska?!
yeah but they don't stunt bikes they stunt, dog sleds.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Maniac Rider

FastJetta97 is a decent person

Originally Posted by cjones_636
I have to disagree.... Ive had much better luck going and asking. Scope it out a bit, when are cars there, whens it empty, etc..

Then go in and talk to a manger or owner, I usually say something like

" i just bled my brakes and just want to test and make sure everythings working" or some BS because if you say you want to stunt they dont really get it.

Ive had way better luck going in, introducing myself and asking permission. That way once the spot is on lock you can go there without worrying about ****.

fair enough.... i just always get the whole we dont wanna deal with the liability and the ones that actually are cool with it would still rather not know about it... AKA turn the other way kinda deal....
Old 07-24-2009, 01:29 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by MikeM
We battled another gang for ours.
+1... west side story style
Old 07-24-2009, 01:54 AM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

Originally Posted by FastJetta97
fair enough.... i just always get the whole we dont wanna deal with the liability and the ones that actually are cool with it would still rather not know about it... AKA turn the other way kinda deal....
Or,if they let you ride whenever you want but they get all pissy and the cops kick you out when you have a 15ft tall bonfire every weekend and blow up full cans of aerosol deodorant,a lil explosion never hurt anyoneWhat???
Old 07-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Destroyer of Bikes

Outlaw_FTP will become famous soon enoughOutlaw_FTP will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by VerticalLimits
First rule of the stunt spot is " There is no stunt spot"
The second rule of the stunt spot is "There is no stunt spot"
Our spot we just showed up and started riding. People in surrounding buildings on breaks come out and watch us. Cops have only came out there one time and conveniently it was when JB and Team Rebella where in town. They followed the trucks with bikes in the back they said. JB wanted to hop on his bike and ride circles around the cop car to show him that we werent street racing or anything but the cop was a dick and just kept telling us "closed for business, you need to leave."
Old 07-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

So the cops just recently showed up. What was that, 2 weeks ago?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Destroyer of Bikes

Outlaw_FTP will become famous soon enoughOutlaw_FTP will become famous soon enough

Last friday night. Thats the only time they have ever come out there. Guess we will see if they come back this weekend... They havent been there so far this week....yet....
Old 07-24-2009, 11:00 AM
I'm in love with a lot

PancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of light

In my case, I have no license, so I couldn't take any chances. Took a while, and alot of rejections from owners, but finally found one. Asked the owner and the local cops. Got permission from everyone. Now the cops patrol by and wave, and I can stunt with a clear mind and concentrate on what I'm doing. BTW, Warehouse and Church lots are gonna be your best bets for getting permission.

Last edited by PancakePete; 07-24-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Destroyer of Bikes

Originally Posted by Civilly Disobey
In my case, I have no license, so I couldn't take any chances. Took a while, and alot of rejections from owners, but finally found one. Asked the owner and the local cops. Got permission from everyone. Now the cops patrol by and wave, and I can stunt with a clear mind and concentrate on what I'm doing.
That would be nice...
People around here use that damn word "liability" and put the kibosh on our stunting.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm in love with a lot

PancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of lightPancakePete is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Outlaw_FTP
That would be nice...
People around here use that damn word "liability" and put the kibosh on our stunting.
No, I heard that word a hellova lot. Just kept searching. The one I found is a good half hour away. But it's worth it to me to be able to stunt with a clear conscience.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:24 AM
BIKESTYLES

50mob is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours is right on a main road in the middle of a big tourist town! been riding there for 3 years now and cops just drive on by...kind of surprising cause its always drawing a crowd and right next to main road
Old 07-24-2009, 11:24 AM

streetlab7 is an unknown quantity at this point

well i sold my first born for the spot i have.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:28 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I just ride the spot

every spot I ask at, they tell me to leave.

trespassing ticket is only $75 in missouri
Old 07-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by 50mob
Ours is right on a main road in the middle of a big tourist town! been riding there for 3 years now and cops just drive on by...kind of surprising cause its always drawing a crowd and right next to main road

My spot is simiar. Surrounded by 3 main roads. There are some trees on one side but noise from us riding is still audible. Troppers on Harleys rode through one day ... The told us real riders dont do that and then they challenged us to a slow ride. We got paddled . Made me wish I had circles on lock.... I'd have just kept doing circles till he finished. Then again, I've seen them bring in a flatbed and impound 18 bikes. Depends on who the cop is and if his wife puts out...
Old 07-24-2009, 12:42 PM

Tomball_D is an unknown quantity at this point

at my spot (local school) I had a dude pull up in a fire truck and tell me a guy died doing what I was doing, i was on my fiddy, and i said " He was ridin a bike like this"
dude was like "yup stunt ridin on a little bike just like that, he hit his head" so i was like **** it next time i'll just wear my helment. No ones ever givin me any **** otherwise. A cop even drove by while i was drinkin a beer,, but he must not have seen me cause that would have been a few tickets for sure
Old 07-24-2009, 01:40 PM
J_TILLMAN

US.ARMYJT is a decent person

hey blee, where you from? im from taylor.... lets ride
Old 07-24-2009, 01:57 PM

JHooD231 is an unknown quantity at this point

The owner said we could do whatever we want...she comes out with a beer sometimes and just chills in the truck with us....true story....

Got some big plans goin into effect.....indoor stunt facility????????????? holla!
Old 07-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Adrenaline Fueled Sports

sky1118 is a decent person

indoor stunt facility would be gnarly!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Post Whore Nazi

Originally Posted by sky1118
Even Through Your Doubts, We Will Still Be Here. -Saints-

That is what I say about my football team. Who Dat?
Old 07-24-2009, 04:40 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by MikeM
We battled another gang for ours.
**** we are always in a loosing battle. GO CAPTAIN PLANET!

Quick Reply: How you got your spot.