squishyness is feel. feel is good
Old 07-23-2009, 08:00 PM
it is what it is

serious is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: problem bleeding brembo handbrake with 4 piston

Originally Posted by f4ibry
i just fail to see the problem here....

squishyness is feel. feel is good

yeah a brembo vs. a regular master is like night and day. It's ok to be squishy but if the brakes do not grab that's different. I think after he rides and uses it a bit he might be ok with the squishyness.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:20 AM

cjones_636 is a decent person

Originally Posted by da Liks
how does it do that then?? if you push the lever to the bar, the master cilinder is sealed! if you squeezed the brakes, but air(pressure,fluid, etc) could still make its way from the brakeline to the reservoir, how could you ever accumulate brake pressure?
i think (THINK!)what it does is dissolve the air into the fluid. air does that under pressure..

I have EXACTLY the same question! it shouldnt matter if the res. cap is on or off! its a sealed system past the master.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:39 AM

Big Float is a decent person

squish is nice, ever tried a magura...heavenly
Old 07-24-2009, 01:05 AM
Do Wheelies

razor rich is a decent person

Originally Posted by f4ibry
i just fail to see the problem here....

Squishyness is feel. Feel is good
+1 agreed
Old 07-24-2009, 12:59 PM

Big Float is a decent person

adjust the settings on the master, that brembo has like 20 different settings, turn the wheel on the front of the brake lever til you find a setting that suits u

just because a HB locks up the tire doesnt mean its good for stunting, feel and power is whatr you want
Old 07-24-2009, 01:04 PM
RIP Delores F.

BenStunts pa pa is a decent person

It seems as if everyone has a brembo or magura except me.

I order the hohey dual caliper and line,will have to use it w/ my 08 1000rr master because i couldnt afford the hohey combo kit w/ the magura

some one donate me 250 bucks(thanks)

my paypal is bwaynef3@yahoo.com
Old 07-25-2009, 04:26 PM

douggiefresh is a decent person

Originally Posted by Big Float
adjust the settings on the master, that brembo has like 20 different settings, turn the wheel on the front of the brake lever til you find a setting that suits u

just because a HB locks up the tire doesnt mean its good for stunting, feel and power is whatr you want

did that i gotta have the lever all the way out from the bar
Old 07-25-2009, 05:05 PM
5 star

tavis10r is an unknown quantity at this point

why? your system and seals need 5.1, not 5 silicone..
It seems like the brake would not hold presure due to the seals allowing fluid to seap by. Using the bell ray idot 5 mmedietly fixed this problem, now my brake is 100%....am running the FTI quad bracket with f4i front masters....
Old 07-25-2009, 06:36 PM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

how does it do that then?? if you push the lever to the bar, the master cilinder is sealed! if you squeezed the brakes, but air(pressure,fluid, etc) could still make its way from the brakeline to the reservoir, how could you ever accumulate brake pressure?
i think (THINK!)what it does is dissolve the air into the fluid. air does that under pressure..
i THINK(could be totally wrong here) the bubbles make their way to the master, and then when you pull the lever from the bar, it lets the air go out the master and thru the reservoir. could be wrong though.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:52 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

i just put full throttle ss lines on yesterday...i hate bleeding brakes. how much do those vaccum pumps go for
Old 07-25-2009, 07:18 PM

i'm useing dot 5 ags silicone

got my pump for 35 at autozone

Last edited by douggiefresh; 07-25-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:47 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by douggiefresh
i'm useing dot 5 ags silicone

got my pump for 35 at autozone
cool thanks
Old 07-25-2009, 08:12 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

bleeding sucks...but a good way to start is to hook a hose to the bleeder to keep the fluid of ur pads. take the res cap off and fill to full, crack open bleeder and allow the fluid to flow out.(important to not let your res run out of fluid or you will be starting all over again) let the fluid keep running out as it does it will carry the air out w/ it. you may have to fill your res several times. regular bleeding doesnt work sometimes cause the air naturally wants to go to the highest point in the line. so u pump and bleed and close and then the air you just moved returnes right back to the place it was before you bled it. this method is known as gravity bleeding, if nothing els it will get you in the ball park. after that do the zip tie method and let it sit for at least a couple hours, over nite is best, you dont have to remove the res cap but you might have to flip the master over so that the line coming out of it is at the bottom. in the morning before you cut the ziptie take some pliers or just your fingers and pump the res line to get any air trapped in there out. at this point your brake should at least have a functional amolunt of pressure.... go ride it, not just for 10 min either, ride it awhile... the vibration will help to move any air stuck in the lines upward into the res. work your brake offten,also if you just installed new pads it might take a couple rides before they seat in properly and grab like they should....repeat the zip tie thing and you should be money!!!! wow that was a novel...lol
Old 07-25-2009, 08:13 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

also i wouldnt recomend that silicone b/f... i like the rbf 600 mad by motul
Old 07-26-2009, 06:15 AM

da Liks is a decent person

Originally Posted by serious
yeah a brembo vs. a regular master is like night and day. It's ok to be squishy but if the brakes do not grab that's different. I think after he rides and uses it a bit he might be ok with the squishyness.
you are comparing apples with pears, as we say here in Holland.. its not the fact that its a Brembo that makes it feel different. its the fact the bore and stroke of the 16x18 are different to that of the regular mastercilinder.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:25 PM

ok so far i bought dot 5 silicone bought the vacum re bleeded it with vacum off the bike and its still not that strong, the squshyness i'll deal with if the brake works good but it wont even lock up the wheel at all even using 2 or all my fingers i dunno i got the air out think its the master ?? i'm just comparing it to how it is to my old set up was and it sucks i just wanna ride!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:30 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

using brake fluid with silicone it it will eventually destroy your whole brake system unless you have a brake system that is designed to have silicone....
Old 07-26-2009, 11:38 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

quickest way to bleed brakes that i have found is to put a clear hose on your bleeder and open it then pump away leaving the bleeder open , the hose will let the fluid and air out but wont let any air in , you just keep your res full and pump till there are no more air bubbles coming out ....

dont open the bleeder too much , just enough so the fluid can flow with no pressure..

have the adjustment on your hand brake all the way out so you get the most movement and pump slow so you dont create air bubbles ...
Old 07-27-2009, 03:02 AM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Proverb
It seems as if everyone has a brembo or magura except me.

I order the hohey dual caliper and line,will have to use it w/ my 08 1000rr master because i couldnt afford the hohey combo kit w/ the magura

some one donate me 250 bucks(thanks)

my paypal is bwaynef3@yahoo.com
bleed that **** real good off the bike and up down all around..

i love mine, on a dual fti, loved it on hohey 4 piston too.

grind all that **** off the switch and ull be money

Quick Reply: problem bleeding brembo handbrake with 4 piston