Please help! 2002 GSXR1000 Issue.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 11:39 AM
PsychoBuells Crazy Cracka

JAGMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Please help! 2002 GSXR1000 Issue.

Teach told me to post this here. Said you cats know your Gixxers like CRAZY! Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Gentleman,
Need help with a 2002 GSXR 1000. My man Taylor just got it (used) and he has been 12 ing it and this weekend it lost all power. He took it all apart, dumped all the gas, cleaned the injectors, etc. and put it back together. It ran ok for about another hour and then fell flat on it's face again.

We had a guy blow a 750 motor doing long and very high stand ups, but do not know if it is the same issue. Taylor runs an extra quart of oil in the bike at the suggestion of some other stunters who have had very good luck.

The bike will idle, but has NO power under acceleration.

What do we do??? DO we need any special mods to 12 it regularly?

Thanks for your help guys!
JAGMAN & The Psychogang
Old 07-22-2003, 02:06 PM
Turn My Headphones Up

Mark_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Please help! 2002 GSXR1000 Issue.

Originally posted by JAGMAN
Teach told me to post this here. Said you cats know your Gixxers like CRAZY! Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Gentleman,
Need help with a 2002 GSXR 1000. My man Taylor just got it (used) and he has been 12 ing it and this weekend it lost all power. He took it all apart, dumped all the gas, cleaned the injectors, etc. and put it back together. It ran ok for about another hour and then fell flat on it's face again.

We had a guy blow a 750 motor doing long and very high stand ups, but do not know if it is the same issue. Taylor runs an extra quart of oil in the bike at the suggestion of some other stunters who have had very good luck.

The bike will idle, but has NO power under acceleration.

What do we do??? DO we need any special mods to 12 it regularly?

Thanks for your help guys!
JAGMAN & The Psychogang

sounds like it might be a problem with the stator (ie. it's not getting enough electrical power)
start there and let us know how it goes.
Old 07-22-2003, 02:25 PM

Mark,
Thanks man! I will talk to him tonight! Hopefully it is a simple fix. The part that worries me is that he had it all apart, cleaned out the gas and then put it all back together and it ran fine for another hour or so. It sat for a day and now it runs like **** again???

Thanks man! I will let you know what we find!

JAGMAN
Old 07-22-2003, 07:13 PM
Pimp/Moderator

Mellen_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmm..........

Yeah Im kinda with Mark on this one......Sounds like it MIGHT be an electrical problem. My bike kept completely shutting off the other day and it turns out it was a bad battery. I couldnt even pushstart it (electronic fuel injection I think). If the thing ran fine for an hour and then took a crap on him again, it doesnt sound at all like an engine problem. If engines go because of a wheelie/oil problem, you will definately know it by the sound.

If you cant figure it out, let us know and we will as our mechanic if he has any ideas.

Lata, Mellen
Old 07-22-2003, 07:52 PM

Thanks bro! We are looking at all the options and advice. I will let you know what we find!

JAGMAN
Old 07-24-2003, 03:39 PM
P. O. S. E. R.

Scott_LegionST is an unknown quantity at this point
yo jag, these guys are on the right track. john just went through some electrical problems.

1. check the stator. look for bare spots in the wire or bent fins.

2. check the magneto. touch it with a bolt and see if there are any dead spots or if it is just weak to begin w/. a good ahrd smack can put the magnet out of polarity or just demagnitize it all together.

3. check your regulator/rectifier. the little finned thing attached to the subframe.

4. check the battery

before and after changing anythihng hold a multimeter to the battery and see if it is charging. you will def notice a difference when i find the problem. should be charging over 14.

hope u guys figure it out. electrical problems are a bitch

also listen to the fuel pump it might have gone too but i doubt it. but u want to rule everything out.

mellen. yes the fuel pump won't even kick on if your battery is too dead so u can bump start it.

hope some of this helps.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:20 PM
Turn My Headphones Up

Mark_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah good call Scott......I didn't even think about the rectifier, that would explain the whole "ran good for an hour then ran like crap" thing.
when the rectifier starts to go bad you'll notice it at first only after it gets hot.