Help a Young Squid Out?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 04:54 AM

FresYES fresh is a decent person
Help a Young Squid Out?

Hey guys, new to stuntlife here but was looking for some advice. Im only 16 and 140, 5'8" so keep that in mind (idk if it makes a diff). I just recently bought a cbr600f2 and have been riding it for the past month. Yesterday i got the ***** to try and pull it up but i couldnt do it. I practiced for almost two hours and only got it up about what id guess felt like 2 inches....

I searched some forums to see what i could be doing wrong and i tried a staggered position, with my left foot on the passenger, and right covering the rear, and i could consistantly get it up a few feet and ride em out a little but i really dont like this position. Is there anything else i could do instead? Even after getting the hang of the clutch and all, i tried it agian sitting and still couldnt get it nearly as high, i know it prolly has something to do with the way my weight is back? But idk, im pretty new so any help would be awesome.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:02 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Help a Young Squid Out?

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443...ing-basic.html
Old 07-18-2009, 05:03 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

oh and www.stuntride.com
Old 07-18-2009, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt

Yeah i checked that out, or else i wouldnt have made a post : / Lookin for advice on positioning, maybe some personal advice for my size and/or what i could be doing wrong sitting down
Old 07-18-2009, 05:33 AM
Group Moderator

practice ALOT and get a feel for what works for you. Seat time
Old 07-18-2009, 05:37 AM

Yeah i feel yah :P Anyone know of anyone in the Central Valley stunting? In fresno and havnt seen anyone here, looking for some people to ride with and learn from. Anyone here or know of anyone?
Thanks btw StrictlyStunt
Old 07-18-2009, 05:38 AM

NoFixedAbode is a decent person

Hiya I am noob myself 5'6 and 160 pounds, and I get it up! (not as much as I would like these days). Keep trying after an hour of clutching you will get the hang. Standing is weird at first but it will get more comfy.

Practise, practise.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:13 AM

Dempsey is a decent person

gasssser n dumppper..... and get a 636.. they do wheelies automatically
Old 07-18-2009, 11:18 AM

Lil'Fiddy-Girl is a decent person

lol -- good luck dude!! My newb self is still workin on getting a fiddy up haha ... could always try on a smaller bike than your CBR .. like a 125 dirt bike or something with a clutch ..
Old 07-18-2009, 11:28 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Put some gearing on that puppy
Old 07-18-2009, 11:38 AM

BandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to beholdBandAidSquid is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dempsey
gasssser n dumppper..... and get a 636.. they do wheelies automatically
no doubt, they stay on the back wheel.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:02 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

bummer... And I ride a Gixxer. No wonder that is a bitch to stunt
Old 07-18-2009, 01:45 PM

: / I'm sving up for a cage, HB, and sprocket, :P itll be a while an min wage, 25 hrs a week LOL, but yea i have a fifty ive been riding for a while, its just completly different to me, i know its a weight issue, i get it up, just not enough to hold the BP, but im going out right now to practice for a few hours and get in the seat time :P
Thanks all btw preciate the words
Old 07-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Post Whore Nazi

MoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for repMoHawk User spends way too much time asking for rep

I need a fitty
Old 07-18-2009, 02:14 PM

lol...like i love suzuki's and i have 2 of them right now.. and no comparison on the center of gravity on them..they'r most def the best bike out there to stunt.. lots of power on low end.. mid.. they'r tall so u can pivot them better.. easy to fix if ya break anything.. and million times easier than anything to learn on
Old 07-18-2009, 02:27 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

older bikes are wheelie capable, but if youre clueless and have never wheelied anything before .. do not push yourself right off the bat, you will **** yourself up.

just ride and get comfy throwing the bike around .. once u get bored with that start slipping the clutch in 1st gear and do them sitting down first so you can feel how the bike feels on one wheel whenever it does jump up on you and take it from there.. also watch some videos to hear how the clutch aka YUUT UGHHH works.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:14 PM

Roman.. your avatar bothers me...lol wat is that
Old 07-18-2009, 05:18 PM

OC DeBo is a decent person

ride with people who stunt in your area. I garuntee that if ytou do your homework, you cna find people somewhat hear you that hit up the spot on a regulat basis, being around others working towards a common goal speeds up learning.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:30 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Dempsey
Roman.. your avatar bothers me...lol wat is that
i really do not know
Old 07-18-2009, 05:34 PM
mr.zo2u

zofromgcb is a decent person

so if i get a 50 it will help me stunt my 636 kaw help help new to this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Quick Reply: Help a Young Squid Out?