Better fluid then Motul RBF 600?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 10:04 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Better fluid then Motul RBF 600?

Hey guys Id like to try some new brake fluid, and I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the following high temp fluids...

Im thinking of trying the following
Brembo LCF 600

AP racing PRF 660

Castrol SRF
Old 07-07-2009, 10:14 AM

Re: Better fluid then Motul RBF 600?

Local race shop swears the Castrol SRF is the ****! And far superior to the RBF600....At $60-80/L it better be good
Old 07-07-2009, 10:17 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Local race shop swears the Castrol SRF is the ****! And far superior to the RBF600....At $60-80/L it better be good
YES!!! it is very good!! I know someone that uses it in all thier road race bikes
Old 07-07-2009, 10:20 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

**** me i thought rbf600 was expensive...
Old 07-07-2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
YES!!! it is very good!! I know someone that uses it in all thier road race bikes
Cool Im gonna swing by and grab a bottle, they have it for $60 Canadian...Which seems like a really good price, from the prices I see online...

I hope its at least a cool color for that price
Old 07-07-2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by frayz
**** me i thought rbf600 was expensive...
It is a much bigger bottle at 1L compared to the RBF at 500ML, but still more expensive when you do that math...
Old 07-07-2009, 10:23 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Cool Im gonna swing by and grab a bottle, they have it for $60 Canadian...Which seems like a really good price, from the prices I see online...

I hope its at least a cool color for that price
The last time i ordered it, it has leaked in the box some. I called up my distributor and they wouldn't let me return it since it was leaking. It was free!
And it is $80 a bottle
Old 07-07-2009, 10:27 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I might order a bottle and just say it leaked this time
Old 07-07-2009, 10:27 AM

The last time i ordered it, it has leaked in the box some. I called up my distributor and they wouldn't let me return it since it was leaking. It was free!
And it is $80 a bottle
Sounds like its so good, it ate right through the bottle...
Old 07-07-2009, 10:28 AM

nfra6789 is a decent person

i used to race sprintcars and we used reddevil brake fluid 600 degree i put that in my bike and it is awesome..best brake fluid i ever used
Old 07-07-2009, 10:52 AM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

some of that stuff will probly eat away at your seals if its anything over a dot 4 fluid. Never had brake fade i'll stick with the rbf600
Old 07-07-2009, 10:53 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Speaking of brakes, I will have more cluthside Maguras on Thursday
Old 07-07-2009, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Stubbz
some of that stuff will probly eat away at your seals if its anything over a dot 4 fluid. Never had brake fade i'll stick with the rbf600
So because youve never had brake fade, my fading must be just my imagination

I am cooking the RBF with the dual quad setup, never had a problem with it on any other setup Ive ever had...So I just want to try some different fluid as Ive been using strictly RBF for a couple years now...
Old 07-07-2009, 11:06 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I'm cooking mine as well.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:13 AM

I'm cooking mine as well.
Does yours feel soft when you start riding, and get harder as you heat it up?

First session or 2 it was consistant, but now after 5+ sessions its starting to change with temp...
Old 07-07-2009, 11:16 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Does yours feel soft when you start riding, and get harder as you heat it up?

First session or 2 it was consistant, but now after 5+ sessions its starting to change with temp...
Yep, thats what mine is doing. It gets hard at the lever after a hour or 2 and loses bite. I'm about to do a big rotor kit and will be using a rear Busa caliper for the footbrake and the standard 4-piston caliper for the handbrake. I'm gonna run this Castrol when I get everything in.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:17 AM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

Speaking of brakes, I will have more cluthside Maguras on Thursday
I got my billet master hooked up with my 4 piston setup and i can say that it is rediculously touchy compared to my r1 master i was running on my 03. so touchy its hard to do combos without hitting it to hard and dropping to far below BP. Gonna take some time to get used to it but amazing braking power thats for damn sure. **** will lock up with a pinky no problem
Old 07-07-2009, 11:18 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by Stubbz
I got my billet master hooked up with my 4 piston setup and i can say that it is rediculously touchy compared to my r1 master i was running on my 03. so touchy its hard to do combos without hitting it to hard and dropping to far below BP. Gonna take some time to get used to it but amazing braking power thats for damn sure. **** will lock up with a pinky no problem
Wait, you will get used to it and your skills will go up up up
Old 07-07-2009, 11:29 AM

Yep, thats what mine is doing. It gets hard at the lever after a hour or 2 and loses bite. I'm about to do a big rotor kit and will be using a rear Busa caliper for the footbrake and the standard 4-piston caliper for the handbrake. I'm gonna run this Castrol when I get everything in.
Thats whats ******* with me the most, I can deal with the changes in lever hardness simply by adjusting my lever....But the loss of bite really ***** up my game......

The other day it felt glazed and just didnt have the bite it did when I first put it on...I did nothing about it and just kept riding, and it came back but feels really soft when I start riding and gets harder as I heat it up.....

The bite was great but more important for me is consistancy....
Old 07-07-2009, 11:38 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I hope with the bigger rotor it will generate less heat and will take less effort to use.

Quick Reply: Better fluid then Motul RBF 600?