Better fluid then Motul RBF 600?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold
Re: Better fluid then Motul RBF 600?

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
So because youve never had brake fade, my fading must be just my imagination

I am cooking the RBF with the dual quad setup, never had a problem with it on any other setup Ive ever had...So I just want to try some different fluid as Ive been using strictly RBF for a couple years now...
no i get fade with rbf after a while, might just be old fluid for me.

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I hope with the bigger rotor it will generate less heat and will take less effort to use.
sounds awesome, i want
Old 07-07-2009, 12:09 PM
highchair coaster burnout

jcf4i is a decent person

yeps. I start riding with a bit softer lever on my dual quad. After about an hour it hardens up, end of the day i loose tons of grab. My rotor is really bad tho, im waitin on a wave rotor in the mail right now...
Old 07-07-2009, 12:10 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

amsoil dot 4- get some.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:19 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

What are you guys doing to get brake fade? I run cheap fluid and never get any fade
Old 07-07-2009, 12:25 PM

scandelous81 is a decent person

No ones tried the motul RBF 660 fluid, has an even higher boiling point than the RBF 600
Old 07-07-2009, 12:32 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by scandelous81
No ones tried the motul RBF 660 fluid, has an even higher boiling point than the RBF 600
Id try it if any local shops had it, but they all only stock the RBF 600...
Old 07-07-2009, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM
What are you guys doing to get brake fade? I run cheap fluid and never get any fade
I guess your just a better rider then us who are getting fade, and we rape HB....
Old 07-07-2009, 12:34 PM

scandelous81 is a decent person

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Id try it if any local shops had it, but they all only stock the RBF 600...
I know, i tell my parts guys to get it all the time, but all we have in stock is the 600
Old 07-07-2009, 12:46 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MikeM
What are you guys doing to get brake fade?
Killin' it!! I never drag my brake either btw. I barely touch it
Old 07-07-2009, 12:48 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

Brembo LCF 600+ has been specifically formulated to provide the highest performance under all racing conditions. It has an independently proven low compressibility at high temperatures.This fluid is used by the world’s best including Moto GP teams Ducati and Honda and Formula 1 team Ferrari amongst many other world and national teams.
Compared to other leading brake fluids (AP600 and CastrolSRF) the Brembo Fluid is designed to give more than;
  • 10% reduction in compressibility at 180’C.
  • Highest dry boiling point at 316’C (601’F).
  • Wet boiling point at 204’C (399’F).
  • Brembo LCF600+ is compatible with other high performance DOT 3 and DOT 4 racing brake fluids.
  • 500ml bottle.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:08 AM

So I figured out my HB fade problem, and it wasnt the fluid. I noticed slight brake fluid spatter on my rim, took a closer look and the line from my HB to the 4 piston caliper was leaking slightly. The line that came with the FTI dual caliper bracket was leaking right were the fitting is pressed onto the line...It was a very small leak, so I guess over night it would let a little air in, but when I rode it I would pump it out as Im riding and it would get harder again....

Anyways I got some Motul RBF 660 anyways, swapped out the line for one I made myself..Bled it and now my **** is rock hard all the time....Not sure if I needed the expensive fluid or not but it cant hurt anything but my pocket...It was $36 Canadian for 1 bottle

Check your lines, I never really trusted press on fittings that can be rotated....And this line was leaking brand new right out of the box from FTI...But thats just my luck, I order 4 kits and I choose to install the one with a leaky line on my bike...All the other 3 were fine..
Old 07-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Juca

When I was looking into exotic brake fluids I found this **** to be the best performing for the best price. That is all on paper though since I never spent the money to buy any. I just used the valvolene **** from autozone like everyone else. It worked fine.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:39 AM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

go drum or go home!

no expensive brake fluids,and you wont get a brake fade.