f4i stock air fuel settings

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 12:24 AM

gixxerkiid is a decent person
f4i stock air fuel settings

i just bought a f4i that had a idle mod on the air fuel screw what is the stock settings for it currently running like ***** need help
Old 06-29-2009, 12:53 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice
Re: f4i stock air fuel settings

turn the idle adjuster down to "idle" now adjust the other adjuster so your RPM's are 1300RPM's
Old 06-29-2009, 01:02 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

dont listen to this *** and he doesn't even know what he's talkin about.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:03 AM

its currently not runnin well u start it and it like turn over n fells like its runnin on 3 cylinders then shuts off
Old 06-29-2009, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Big R 508
i usta live in the 508
Old 06-29-2009, 01:04 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Originally Posted by Big R 508

LOL....... how do you do it them smart guy?
Old 06-29-2009, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by gixxerkiid
its currently not runnin well u start it and it like turn over n fells like its runnin on 3 cylinders then shuts off
that sounds like another issue........ run the bike for a few minutes, pull the plugs and see if there is a wet one. that cylinder would not be firing and then you can figure out why....... I have a factory manual handy if you need any other info. Could be something simple like a loose connection. Have the plugs been changed? maybe the boot was not pushed all the way down onto the plug and its not making a good connection.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:07 AM

is there a general area to adjust it to to get it runnin then dile it in like 5 turns out or in yanno
Old 06-29-2009, 01:09 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/pos...08-post37.html
Old 06-29-2009, 01:09 AM

i just bought the bike clean title for 1700 im guess lots is wrong with it but it ran when i looked at it and the it started sputterin out when he showed me the idle screw that didnt do anythin and the one the did lol
Old 06-29-2009, 01:10 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

You said you had the kleen air mod done. Is it done right and are all your vacuum lines hooked up?
Old 06-29-2009, 01:10 AM
NealFoReal

i just bought the bike clean title for 1700 im guess lots is wrong with it but it ran when i looked at it and the it started sputterin out when he showed me the idle screw that didnt do anythin and the one the did lol
If its not doing anything then it probably backed its way out and you need to put it back in position
Old 06-29-2009, 01:12 AM

no i mean one was an idle screw the other was the air fuel screw n he screwed it back n forth a few times n it sputtereed n died
Old 06-29-2009, 01:13 AM

is there a general area to adjust it to to get it runnin then dile it in like 5 turns out or in yanno
the screws are set and lock-tite'd from the factory on the throttle body assemblies. if you turn your remote idle adjuster down all the way the bodies are now resting on the other screw that is on the bodies. All you need to do from there is set the fuel mixture adjuster so your tach reads 1300. If other things have been tampered with on the throttle bodies or if the motor has other issues than you would need to hook vacuum gauges to the bodies and adjust them that way.

you know where there other adjuster is located right?
Old 06-29-2009, 01:15 AM

i dont even no if it has a kleen air mod yet havent even taken the tank off or anything yet for that matter tomorro will be a huge tear down project
Old 06-29-2009, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by YSRRider
the screws are set and lock-tite'd from the factory on the throttle body assemblies. if you turn your remote idle adjuster down all the way the bodies are now resting on the other screw that is on the bodies. All you need to do from there is set the fuel mixture adjuster so your tach reads 1300. If other things have been tampered with on the throttle bodies or if the motor has other issues than you would need to hook vacuum gauges to the bodies and adjust them that way.

you know where there other adjuster is located right?
nope i have 2 adjustment cables comin out of the throttle bodies
Old 06-29-2009, 01:17 AM

o yea and i dont have a tach
Old 06-29-2009, 01:18 AM

doesnt take long to take the tank off and the clean air mod would have nothing to do with this if the bike is just running.

is the "idle" adjuster (one that should be hanging out next to your gas tank that was installed by the previous owner) still connected to the throttle bodies?
Old 06-29-2009, 01:20 AM

yes there is 2 of them one on each side of the tank the on on the right side is the actual idle adjustment the one on the left im guessin is the air fuel adjustment
Old 06-29-2009, 01:24 AM

ok, there should be one near your gas tank and the other is located on the left side of the bike down near the gear shifter. Thats the mixture adjuster and must be set at 1300. If you are using that to turn the idle up you are making the bike run lean.

once that is set you can use the other adjuster that was installed to turn the idle up but it wont allow the bike to idle lower than 1300 unless the mixture or other stopper screw is tampered with.

you should pull the tank off and look at the pictures on this site to confirm that the idle mod was done correctly.

Quick Reply: f4i stock air fuel settings