Oil Light Coming On

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 02:39 PM

NYstunter636 is a decent person
Oil Light Coming On

heres the problem....the bike starts up fine....i gotta kinda rev it alittle once i start it....it idles super low when it first comes on tho...once it warms up its all good for awhile sometimes the whole day....i only rode it today for a say 2 hours...all pretty much slow stuff never really screamed out first or did to much straight line...riding around on idle in first gear on two wheels it started to idle really low...then bogged almost like it was shutting off...then the oil light came on and the bike shut down....i let it sit for awhile rode around for say 30 and it started to idle really low again so i shut it down....some days it does it some days it doesn't...can anyone give me some ideas of what it could be...like the oil pump is going....i was thinking since it doesn't smell like it runs very clean i was thinking maybe the air filter....or the spark plugs?....hopefully something simple...its a 2005 636 with 13000k
Old 06-28-2009, 02:53 PM
wheres your momma @

montijo_420 is a decent person
Re: Oil Light Coming On

check the muffler bearing
Old 06-28-2009, 03:28 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

well dont all lights come on when the bike shuts down anyway..
Old 06-28-2009, 03:55 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

check your muffler to make sure it isnt blocked or clogged. sometimes when you lose the power then it has to be muffler or vacuum.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:59 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

the bike dies FIRSt or it loses oil pressure first?

Are you sure its the oil pressure light and not the FI light?

Have you done any work to the motor that required you to remove a case cover and use gasket sealer to reinstall?

do you change your oil often and use teh proper weight? Don't try using that 20-50 ****, 15-40 is even pushing it
Old 06-28-2009, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by $$$$DINO$$$$
well dont all lights come on when the bike shuts down anyway..
yes good point

Originally Posted by Towlieee
the bike dies FIRSt or it loses oil pressure first?

Are you sure its the oil pressure light and not the FI light?

Have you done any work to the motor that required you to remove a case cover and use gasket sealer to reinstall?

do you change your oil often and use teh proper weight? Don't try using that 20-50 ****, 15-40 is even pushing it

the FI is on all the time i changed the exhaust and it said it might do that...i just changed the oil...i used 10 40 honda oil ...never took anything apart in the motor
Old 06-28-2009, 05:22 PM

theres a small crack in the case on the left thats leaking....you can barely tell it's even leaking just noticed it today...
Old 06-28-2009, 06:01 PM

would you keep riding it?....or would you get it looked at right now? cause i wanna go riding
Old 06-28-2009, 06:16 PM

keshon is an unknown quantity at this point

mybike only runs good when the fi light is on. If i stop riding and go to ride it again i got to rev the engine tell the light comes on then it runs like a champ
Old 06-28-2009, 06:52 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you took off the valve in the exhaust or disconnected the cables that operate that valve then you need to have a stop for the servo or the bike will do all kinds of strange ****
Old 06-28-2009, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
if you took off the valve in the exhaust or disconnected the cables that operate that valve then you need to have a stop for the servo or the bike will do all kinds of strange ****

okay...i hooked it up the way it was suppose to be...it came with a stop...could it be something simple like getting an air filter and changing the spark plugs...i haven't done that...ever
Old 06-28-2009, 07:35 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

well plugs couldnt hurt , not saying thats the problem but if they have never been changed then it would be a good idea any way
Old 06-28-2009, 07:41 PM

six hundred is an unknown quantity at this point

wow lol
Old 06-28-2009, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
well plugs couldnt hurt , not saying thats the problem but if they have never been changed then it would be a good idea any way
ill change them thats easy...should i bring it to my shop to have them check it out...im sure its hard to say if it's major or not but what would you do?

Originally Posted by six hundred
wow lol

sweet right
Old 06-28-2009, 07:58 PM

whats the whole point of pc3'ing a 600?
Old 06-28-2009, 08:09 PM

what?
Old 06-28-2009, 08:19 PM

*PCIII'ing a 08' cbr600rr.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:26 PM

i have no idea what your talking about man ...cbr600rr?...whered that come from?
Old 06-28-2009, 10:00 PM
KILLIN BIKES

JOHNNYSTUNTS is a decent person

ride till it blows. then find a new one
Old 06-29-2009, 12:22 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by NYstunter636
ill change them thats easy...should i bring it to my shop to have them check it out...im sure its hard to say if it's major or not but what would you do?
i would put a set of plugs in it [not the cheap ones] and then check all the easy stuff like making sure all the connector plugs are pushed all the way in and the grounds are all good no vacuum leaks , **** like that but if you keep having a problem then ya have some one check it out for ya ...

im not suggesting you do this but if it were me i try putting the stock exhaust back on ,in my opinion those bikes run best with the stock exhaust