Need some advice on a r6.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 03:54 PM

I-80_Standups is a decent person
Need some advice on a r6.

Hi, i have been riding dirtbikes my whole life once i turned 18 i did everything, and i mean evrything, i had to do to get a sportbike. I bought a 2005 r6 raven with 3000 miles and it has been by far the best thing that has ever happened to me. I put a gpr, -1 +2, pc3, and riot exhaust on it. I can get to the balance point and have somewhat good control over the footbreak on staggereds , but i always seem to drop back down unintentionally. Also it just seems to me like the balance point is damn near 12 oclock. I want to learn slower parking lot tricks but it seems like this is a very hard bike to learn on. This probably sounds stupid but is their anything i can do to change the bp? like weights or something? Or should i just sell it and get an f4 or 636? Also would it make it easier to stay in bp if i cut a whole in the seat/what mods should i do to make it easiest to learn parking lot stunts?

-I only got this bike about 6 months ago and have been riding it for about 3 so if this post is stupid feel to let me know
Old 06-27-2009, 04:18 PM

StuntnXR80 is a decent person
Re: Need some advice on a r6.

The only thing I would do, is do a more aggressive rear sprocket. You dont have to go with a 60t, but somethin bigger than +2. that way any throttle response will help you keep that front end up and you can get it up quick and easy at lower speeds such as in a parking lot.
- I really dont think there's any way to change BP on a bike, and cuttin the hole in your seat wont affect that much, it'll just give you a different "feel" during a wheelie. Get a bigger sprocket and see how it feels.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:18 PM

gixxerkiid is a decent person

cutting a hole in your seat isnt goin to solve much id take off your powercommander and put it in first and go for it and i hope u really know how to use a footbrake cause u will need to but if i were u id sell and buy something a little shittier to learn on cause ur bike will be destroyed
Old 06-27-2009, 04:33 PM

JiggaStuntsAnR6 is a decent person

i learned slow wheelies on my 05 stock if youve got it stagered try putting your left foot on the seat...to me it feels like a completely diff. bike but better. then once i had that i went -1 +20 and i love it but DONT SELL IT unless someone offers you like 6 grand
Old 06-27-2009, 06:08 PM
motarded

jordanv3122 is a decent person

that actually an awesome bike for whoolies. only downside is the paper subframe
Old 06-27-2009, 06:20 PM

djswain22 is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO i love my R6...the BP is high on it tho, but it is great fro da whoolies...keep it! and i agree the subframe is weak...very weak..other than that id take it over a 636 or f4i anyday..but again..this is just my opinion and im comfortable on the yami. definatly go up to a gigantor sprocket -1/2+ isnt gunna do it for lot stuff..good luck!
Old 06-27-2009, 06:29 PM

I-80_Standups is a decent person

word thanks guys, heres another q. I use this bike as a commuter alot too since my jeep has 35 inch tires it saves $$$$ in gas, whats the suggested sprocket size range for lot stunts and street riding?? or is there one?
Old 06-27-2009, 06:33 PM

djswain22 is an unknown quantity at this point

i know some riders that have 2 sprockets and they switch when they wanna go on the highway or commute n stuff,
Old 06-27-2009, 06:56 PM

twlvoclckstndup is an unknown quantity at this point

I have only been riding the lots for a month now and I'm on an 06 R6s (same body style as yours). All I have is turned out FI clipons, and ez pull clutch, and -1/+2 gearing and i learned sitdowns on idle after about 3 weeks, and stagered standups on idle after a couple hours...don't sell the bike just RIDE RIDE RIDE!!!!!! you'll get it! what do you have you idle at?
Old 06-27-2009, 07:53 PM

kylenv is a decent person

send me a pm... then take that loud *** riot exhaust off and come ride
Old 06-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

I run a +6 for the lot and streets. thats a 54 tooth. There is nothing you cannot do with it. There is ZERO need for a "Gigantor" sprocket, as someone so eloquently put it..lol

I can still comfortably do 75mph on it as well.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:30 PM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by T-NECK
I run a +6 for the lot and streets. thats a 54 tooth. There is nothing you cannot do with it. There is ZERO need for a "Gigantor" sprocket, as someone so eloquently put it..lol

is that to work or during work
i-10 cough cough
Old 06-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

Originally Posted by T-NECK

I just happen to know someone who have make you a + 6 steel for 520 chain ohh wait, that's me! www.naarden.biz do it!~
Old 06-28-2009, 07:56 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Sweet, make me a +3 rear then!
Old 06-28-2009, 05:01 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

R6's are awesome bikes and it appears that they are starting to replace the 636..... I'm hearing more and more people say they are easier to ride and pull harder than 636's. Keep it, its a great bike! ATOWNCUSTOMS sells all the stunt parts you will need for it. (cage/subcage/subframe) I would get a thrust company 16/56 sprocket kit with new chain from Phil at MOTOHEAVEN, his service is the best! Order your **** Monday and you are guaranteed to have it before the weekend. My buddy was running a 15/56 setup, its ok on the road, but that extra tooth up front will take away some of the twitchyness of the bigger sprocket. In my opinion 56 is the biggest you want to go for street riding and lot riding. You get the best of both worlds. A bigger sprocket is good for learning in the lot but sucks *** on the street. a 16/56 and some practice in the lot learning to catch idle and working on your foot brake skills will make you a better rider, once you learn that, you wont give a **** where BP is on the bike anymore.... you'll be able to huck it back and not have the fear of looping it anymore. Its all in the foot brake skills!
Old 06-28-2009, 07:54 PM

six hundred is an unknown quantity at this point

ride that yamaha
Old 06-28-2009, 08:31 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Originally Posted by six hundred
ride that yamaha

go away squid!
Old 06-29-2009, 02:26 AM

zxonone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by StuntnXR80
The only thing I would do, is do a more aggressive rear sprocket. You dont have to go with a 60t, but somethin bigger than +2. that way any throttle response will help you keep that front end up and you can get it up quick and easy at lower speeds such as in a parking lot.
- I really dont think there's any way to change BP on a bike, and cuttin the hole in your seat wont affect that much, it'll just give you a different "feel" during a wheelie. Get a bigger sprocket and see how it feels.
bigger sprockets arent gonna help throttle control... actually you need to have better throttle control the more you gear your bike.... and if your clutchin it up from a dead stop more revs will get it up faster no problem, now if your on the highway doin HC's you might need some gearing to help with that but gearing is alot of preference and I woud learn on stock gears for sure, then figure out your preference
Old 06-30-2009, 12:48 PM
I AM TIGER WOODS!!!

BLEED is a decent person

i got an ATOWN subframe and its sick. havent had a real chance to play wit it due to my 58t sprocket are not on it. trying to find a good chain. but deff dont sell it. Yama is going to be killing the lots/streets very soon lol
Old 06-30-2009, 01:17 PM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

so you say you have bp but your wheelies come down un-intensionally?? thats not possible, if you have bp, you have it untill "you" put it down. i would practice what your doing now, and not worry about the slow stuff just yet. once you can ride out as long as you want to then i'd say go for it. As far as doing something to get it to balance point.... give it more gas, why would you want a lower bp?? the higher the better!

Quick Reply: Need some advice on a r6.