What is my next step?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 07:26 AM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about
What is my next step?

Ok so heres my situation, i have a guy in my town that just moved here about a year ago ( i've lived here for about 10 years ) he rides, he's "ok" not great but what ever. He's been getting these shows sayin "yeah man we're getting paid" always ends up to be chump change. So yesterday he calls me and says he got a show at a bike night bar. i asked if it paid and he said.. well the guy said he wants to do it this time for a bar tab.. i'm like no thanks that **** don't pay the bills. so after telling him why you shouldn't do it for a bar tab, (the owner said he would do it this time and if it brought in people he would pay) so my problem here is, you can not estimate how many people will show up at a show to see "you" if you don't advertise it. and that this guy ain't gonna pay ****!! we had already been up there to discuss the price for us to ride.. we got talked down to 200.00 per rider and now this ****** kid is doin it for a ******* beer!! ( he's 31 ) so i've been getting paid for shows here for the last 2-3 years, and now this dude keeps getting these feedme shows.. so after i get off the phone with him, he understands WHY i don't do free shows and such.. so its agree'd, no free shows.. i leave the lot yesterday and drive past that bar, there he is lol doing a "show". i went up and told him infront of his mom, his friends, and his girl. You are single handedly killing what i've spent the last 3 years of my life trying to build, and that its fucked up, all his shows are ******* 30 minutes beforehand and never pay and i'm getting ****** sick of it. side note: ( He already had hit a parked van by the time i had got there ) So my question is.. wtf am i to do with this dude.. i've just about had all i can take of his un-professional outlook on my sport, and his undercutting horseshit.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:43 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: What is my next step?

This **** is happening all over the country.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:44 AM

I'm sure.. its bullshit.. ****** hacks
Old 06-27-2009, 10:11 AM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

i think since you have already told the dude how it is and what he is doing wrong there isnt really anything else you can do... legally
Old 06-27-2009, 10:21 AM

i'm not tryin to sue the dude or anything lol.. just wondering how anyone else handled people like this..
Old 06-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

baseball bat to the knee cap would solve this
Old 06-27-2009, 10:44 AM
wheres your momma @

montijo_420 is a decent person

call your grandma over have her back up the whip in to that ****** not too fast dont wanna hurt him just his bike then he'll see why its important to make money
if u dont make no money u cant keep up with the sport too exspensive unless u live at mommas house and mooch
Old 06-27-2009, 10:45 AM
wheres your momma @

montijo_420 is a decent person

Originally Posted by mofat01
baseball bat to the knee cap would solve this
but this will also be effective
Old 06-27-2009, 10:51 AM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

well if he wants to do free shows let him do free shows,he has the right..in a little bit he will see its not worth it anymore..i dont think its fair for you to hate on him for it thought..basically your mad because your not making money of it?!i can understand why your mad,but i dont think anything gives you the right to attack him..free show for a bar my ***
Old 06-27-2009, 11:17 AM
highchair coaster burnout

jcf4i is a decent person

story of my life. I ride a ton of bike night shows locally and its aways the same song n dance. They want you to ride for a bar tab, because they dont know if they can get a turn out. Its on them to advertise and honestly a bar shouldnt be contacting anyone for any form of entertainment without being prepared to pay. Thats like asking a band to play your bar for free. Ive been thru this soooo many times. This is why im ready to say **** the bike nights and just ride the dragstrip and county fair shows. We had a bike night stunt show scheduled for every other week locally, the nights we rode there was 250-300 bikes there, and they stayed for both shows. The nights we didnt there was 10-15. And the bar owners were still cheap asses. seems to be not worth it.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:33 AM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point

Empty a couple Pixy Stix into his oil tank. Bike dies and no more shows for a while?
Old 06-27-2009, 11:39 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

That sucks, I wont do free shows....period.
I actally hate doing shows, would rather just ride and have fun.
If they pay though, I'll do em'
Old 06-27-2009, 12:22 PM

f4i2002 is a decent person

Originally Posted by talen
empty a couple pixy stix into his oil tank. Bike dies and no more shows for a while?
+1