the most durable sprocket

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 01:11 PM
it is what it is

serious is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: the most durable sprocket

I put 100 miles a day to get to work and back. I've gone through aluminum sprockets, thrust, driven, vortex and I went ahead and bought a steel sprocket cause i didn't like to have to worry about maintaining my chain. I've put 9,000 miles and the sprocket is still holding up. For a bike that is only going to be at a stunt spot I think any sprocket would be fine. Like the guys said here, just keep the chain adjusted properly.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

I'll quit riding when my Geared Steel Sprocket wears out, lol. Man..... I miss Brad!!!

Catwalks on Haybuzzzzaaaa like that!
Old 06-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

maybe if yous need a big sprocket u shud jus upgrade to a hybooza? dat what i does did and i be murderin bike night stuntin.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:33 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by serious
I put 100 miles a day to get to work and back. I've gone through aluminum sprockets, thrust, driven, vortex and I went ahead and bought a steel sprocket cause i didn't like to have to worry about maintaining my chain. I've put 9,000 miles and the sprocket is still holding up. For a bike that is only going to be at a stunt spot I think any sprocket would be fine. Like the guys said here, just keep the chain adjusted properly.

9k wow?

I have over 10k on my aluminum vortex, looks like new

clean and lube that chain, takes 10 minutes of your time a week. Hope your not too lazy to change your oil often!

Of course, my stock steel sprocket, went to 22k, and looked perfect, also was on stock 6+ year old chain

Now on 10k with vortex and KMC $68 chain holding up great
Old 06-25-2009, 01:36 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

did I miss something? Am I supposed to change my avatar?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:46 PM
word

oh8cbr600 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TongWoo
I'll quit riding when my Geared Steel Sprocket wears out, lol. Man..... I miss Brad!!!

Catwalks on Haybuzzzzaaaa like that!

why is everyone gangster now?
Old 06-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Custom User Title

Sheldon is a decent person

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I think dey should make dem sprockets outa gats yo. That **** be money den!

funny **** haha melted and molded gats for sprockets manufactured by phat farm and ecko im so hoooooood
Old 06-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
maybe if yous need a big sprocket u shud jus upgrade to a hybooza? dat what i does did and i be murderin bike night stuntin.
Yo yo yo. Man be just like KLOWW! on the nos and boo yay. I be strayyt murdurrin on the nos whatevea sprocks regardless...
Old 06-25-2009, 03:45 PM
word

Yo yo yo. Man be just like KLOWW! on the nos and boo yay. I be strayyt murdurrin on the nos whatevea sprocks regardless...
yeah?
well i's gots +10 on the frizzont sprockets of my busa and i be rollin thru crackdown bustin mad spreaders, shittin on fools.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

dats what it doozin.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:50 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i got a thrust aluminum sprocket in 05 and i just replaced it last week , i think it would have lasted longer but i put a walmart battery in my bike a few months ago and it leaked acid all over my chain and i think that ruined it
Old 06-25-2009, 04:09 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I just katwalked down the block. Good thang I got dis sprocket to make it eazy cheazy my neazy
Old 06-25-2009, 04:44 PM
word

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I just katwalked down the block. Good thang I got dis sprocket to make it eazy cheazy my neazy

yessurrrrr rep tha A by rippin up da skreets <<dem ain't no pints of beer, dey 40's of OE son
Old 06-26-2009, 02:12 AM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i used to swear by steel sprockets. but honestly now im like why the **** should i spend that much money for steel when i can buy 2 aluminums for about the same price. i never keep a bike long enough to wear out a sprocket anyway, keep ur chaing adjusted right and clean and aluminum will last you a good amount of time. sketchy on this site hooked up me up with a sick *** sprocket from pmp, hit him up he'll get you a good deal and get it to you quick.
You obviously didnt take advantage of my $1 per tooth sale a few weeks back. . .
Old 06-26-2009, 02:25 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NAARDEN INC
You obviously didnt take advantage of my $1 per tooth sale a few weeks back. . .
you obviously didnt advertise it very well
Old 06-26-2009, 03:22 AM
control switcher

Dr_Rip_It will become famous soon enough

im'a bout to shoot a fuking hole right in da monitor screen wit da 9mm in da facking civic trunk.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:06 AM

adichino is a decent person

is -2 front a bad idea, bad on transmission?
is waaay cheaper than a -1 +3 ... also keeping the stock chain