Front suspension problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 02:10 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Front suspension problems

one question since you said your technique was on point , is the bike possibly choppered out ? i have seen stunt bikes with alot of rake from people slamming them down a million times and that would definitely make the tire more likely to skid ..
Old 06-25-2009, 02:45 AM

StuntnXR80 is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
one question since you said your technique was on point , is the bike possibly choppered out ? i have seen stunt bikes with alot of rake from people slamming them down a million times and that would definitely make the tire more likely to skid ..

I've never heard of this happening. Wouldnt there be noticeable play in the neck then?
Old 06-25-2009, 02:51 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by StuntnXR80
I've never heard of this happening. Wouldnt there be noticeable play in the neck then?
no it's from the frame bending
Old 06-25-2009, 02:53 AM

StuntnXR80 is a decent person

Lol oh ****. Now that would totally suck royal dick. And I thought blown fork seals were bad.....
Old 06-25-2009, 07:56 PM

jasonpayne123 is a decent person

dialing out the sag just means tighten the rear spring till there is no sag in the suspension , the suspension will be at the top of it's travel with no one on the bike ..

as for the bounce when you are doing seat standers just set the rear shock settings [compression and rebound ] at full hard , i think you will like your bike alot better after doing this

as far as the preload on the front goes i like mine as tight as i can get it with out effecting the rebound meaning i set it so the bike doesnt pogo on the pick up , i think im at about 50% if memory serves

cool, can you look at your pre load settings and tell me how many lines are showing? and it was never a stunt bike before me and i highly doubt the douche i bought it from was out rocking wheelies on it. i appreciate the tip on the rear settings. im a little guy but when it comes to my stoppies i am pretty aggressive, and with this sliding going on ive about ate it hard! i have no problem 75-85mph driving the forks to the pavement and locking up the front straight to bp, but when it wants to wash out right off the get go, imma get real tired of re-upolstering my seat due to my *** sucking the vinal right off the seat. . im just thinking the guy who had it before me tried to adjust it his self and screwed everything out of wack.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:34 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

lol 75-80 mph and ur trying to do endo. not good idea.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Big R 508
lol 75-80 mph and ur trying to do endo. not good idea.
well, im no newbie to stoppies. but im no bill d either. haha
Old 06-26-2009, 05:23 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by jasonpayne123
cool, can you look at your pre load settings and tell me how many lines are showing? and it was never a stunt bike before me and i highly doubt the douche i bought it from was out rocking wheelies on it. i appreciate the tip on the rear settings. im a little guy but when it comes to my stoppies i am pretty aggressive, and with this sliding going on ive about ate it hard! i have no problem 75-85mph driving the forks to the pavement and locking up the front straight to bp, but when it wants to wash out right off the get go, imma get real tired of re-upolstering my seat due to my *** sucking the vinal right off the seat. . im just thinking the guy who had it before me tried to adjust it his self and screwed everything out of wack.
i have 5 lines showing but me telling you what my preload setting is is a waste becuase the setting depends on how aggresive your approach is , wieght , pick up technique , how quick you transfer from throttle to brake ,how soon you get to balance point how good you are at getting the wieght transfered to the front tire and a few other things i cant think if right now lol ..

what you want to do is set it as tight as you can with out it causing the bike to pogo right in the begining of your stoppie but keep in mind the tighter you get it the more likely you are of skidding the tire if your not on point with your initial pick up ..
Old 06-26-2009, 10:43 AM

i have 5 lines showing but me telling you what my preload setting is is a waste becuase the setting depends on how aggresive your approach is , wieght , pick up technique , how quick you transfer from throttle to brake ,how soon you get to balance point how good you are at getting the wieght transfered to the front tire and a few other things i cant think if right now lol ..

what you want to do is set it as tight as you can with out it causing the bike to pogo right in the begining of your stoppie but keep in mind the tighter you get it the more likely you are of skidding the tire if your not on point with your initial pick up ..
see i was out all night last night. i did probably every different setting possible. still doing it. i got it to where i will pull up on a 1st gear approach, but fast stoppies are still out of the question. i got the preload all the way down to 2 line. my stoppies are pretty good. here a **** video of me tryin to show a buddy how to launch it up. i rolled a little bit out of view but you can still see the take off

Old 06-26-2009, 06:00 PM
also known as OMR

two lines showing is very tight and would almost definitely make the bike pogo and more likely to skid the tire ...

are you taking advantage of the weight transfer that happens when you go from accelerating to braking or are you getting off the gas and letting the bike roll some before hitting the front brake ?

when you are on the gas hard the front of the bike is wanting to lift and as soon as you get off the throttle the front dives at that exact moment you should be starting your lift if not you are not taking advantage of the weight transfer
Old 06-26-2009, 09:08 PM
HOOD CHAIN GANG

SUPERDAVE will become famous soon enough

DUDE YOU SHOULD GO TO WWW.RACETECH.COM AND FIGURE OUT THE RIGHT SPRING RATE AND OIL LEVEL FOR YOU. ITS A GOOD SITE TO HELP GET YOUR **** DIALED IN. MAYBE SLOW DOWN YOUR REBOUND AND LIFT YOUR FRON END A LIL TO GET MORE TRAIL. I DID IT ON MY R6 THAT HAS 06 636 FORKS AND IT HELPED ME A TON
Old 06-29-2009, 01:16 AM

two lines showing is very tight and would almost definitely make the bike pogo and more likely to skid the tire ...

are you taking advantage of the weight transfer that happens when you go from accelerating to braking or are you getting off the gas and letting the bike roll some before hitting the front brake ?

when you are on the gas hard the front of the bike is wanting to lift and as soon as you get off the throttle the front dives at that exact moment you should be starting your lift if not you are not taking advantage of the weight transfer

well i think we figured it out, but not 100%. i dont feel like such a dumb *** now but we think its just the tires. 3 other ppl out at the lot were having the same issue. all of us bought pilot powers from cycle gear in the last month. were thinking they just might be a bad batch of tires or cycle gear has a rep for buying ALOT of tires at one time and we may just be getting really old tires.

i use full advantage of the drop from letting off the throttle. i had 2 other ppl ride my bike and did the same to them. suspension is right on the money. after we all kind of figured out that we all bought the same tire from the same place.... its a though? one of the other rider have ran powers forever and never had a problem til now. ive litterally gone over every suspension set up at least 4 times now.