4 piston maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 04:12 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: 4 piston maintenance

He said a 12mm would give better power & feel on a 4-piston than a 13mm. Not sure its needed though.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:15 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
He said a 12mm would give better power & feel on a 4-piston than a 13mm. Not sure its needed though.
feel = lever travel....And Ive got enough with the 13mm and 4 piston...More then when I had a 13mm with the stock caliper.....So I just see the 12 or 11 being too much "feel" which = lever travel... I can already pull the 13mm to the bar, which I could not with the stock caliper....I just think its overkill, and Im acutally considering trying a 16mm again...
Old 06-30-2009, 04:17 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
feel = lever travel....And Ive got enough with the 13mm and 4 piston...More then when I had a 13mm with the stock caliper.....So I just see the 12 or 11 being too much "feel" which = lever travel... I can already pull the 13mm to the bar, which I could not with the stock caliper....I just think its overkill, and Im acutally considering trying a 16mm again...
I've tried the 16mm twice on the 4-piston and HATED it!! No power
Old 06-30-2009, 04:28 PM

really! guess I'll stick with the 13mm then......Like I said it feels great, just even more feel then with the stock caliper so I thought a 16 might feel good too...

13 locks up with the slightest amount of pressure(Im talking like just resting your finger on it), then youve still got toss your *** over the front lock up if you really put pressure on it...At first I was stalling out everything, untill I got used to its power...
Old 06-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

richie.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:06 PM

marcus_136 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im running the hohey 4 piston dual caliper setup. And Im running the 4 piston caliper for the footbrake, and both the 4 piston caliper and 1 piston caliper for the handbrake togheter with a 1000rr master. It work pretty good
Old 06-30-2009, 05:13 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by marcus_136
im running the hohey 4 piston dual caliper setup. And im running the 4 piston caliper for the footbrake, and both the 4 piston caliper and 1 piston caliper for the handbrake togheter with a 1000rr master. It work pretty good
jesus!!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:22 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: 4 piston maintenance

Originally Posted by marcus_136
Im running the hohey 4 piston dual caliper setup. And Im running the 4 piston caliper for the footbrake, and both the 4 piston caliper and 1 piston caliper for the handbrake togheter with a 1000rr master. It work pretty good
all that and you say it works pretty good.....Pfffffft
Old 06-30-2009, 05:44 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

holy **** marcus nice avi and crazy setup haha
Old 06-30-2009, 08:04 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well there are deffinitly exceptions to my rant and i have nothing but respect for you Krazy Kyle, Johnny, Legion and everyone competeing in the xdl. I guess people have different reasons for riding and i think the new breed of wanna be show offs really ruining what alot of us have tried to hard to build. Guys like this six hundred are a perfect example.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:14 PM
highchair coaster burnout

jcf4i is a decent person

i dont think anyone is asking for more power than their 4piston, they just wish it wouldnt fade. Lately ive been sanding my rotor at the lot when i get fade and that helps alot. I can tell its glazing just by looking at it but if you wanna know the problem, look at my setup. I have the dual quad, it covers more than half the rotor(also its the front half) so there is really no room for cool down. It just traps heat. But yep same old stuntlife, you try to comment about something stunt community oriented and you get flamed. When im practicing i work on a lot of combo O's, i ride out of O's sometimes 10 times comboing to sitdowns and back up, so i use my hb a ton. Im usually never in one position on my bike for more than a second so without a hb this would not be possible. its soo funny to hear someone talk about highchairs like theyre hard... or technical. Scott whoever, lets see you compete with JORIAN with you footbrake, i mean, comeon. I was doin staggered O's for a year before i even bought a handbrake, and yes i did crossed up **** with no hb 2. That doesnt mean its the way to do it. Look, sure im a squid, say what you want. Call me whatever. This is stuntlife i know how this works. Its the internet... so your tuff.. Ill post video of me doin stuff you could never do without a hb, ****, scott, you could probly never do it period... i mean lets bicker here... this ***** fun. you wonder why the respectable members of the stunt community wouldnt touch this site with a 50 foot pole...
Old 06-30-2009, 09:46 PM

killswitch12283 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by John LegionST

no one gives a **** about the old days... you need to learn a little stunt history and give some respect.. pretty bs comment you made there... and like i said above, many newbs SHOULD care about the past and learn something from it coughthrottlecontrolcough... willing to bet most of the newb squids that are "killing it" in a lot today would have a hard time doing a 1/4 mile off the pegs without a HB..........

i never said i didnt have respect for the OG's John.......my comment meant in whole that yesterdays technique has no place in todays comps....if they could keep up with hb users it would be considered cheating....i learned without, mile whooolies all day, but the lot is what excites me now and keeps me interested as does majority of the stunt population. But to each his own, yes its dumb that hb babies dont know fb but that wasnt my arguement......but all good in my book.......John, Scott, still in my book so stop yelling at me~!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:20 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by jcf4i
i dont think anyone is asking for more power than their 4piston, they just wish it wouldnt fade. Lately ive been sanding my rotor at the lot when i get fade and that helps alot. I can tell its glazing just by looking at it but if you wanna know the problem, look at my setup. I have the dual quad, it covers more than half the rotor(also its the front half) so there is really no room for cool down. It just traps heat. But yep same old stuntlife, you try to comment about something stunt community oriented and you get flamed. When im practicing i work on a lot of combo O's, i ride out of O's sometimes 10 times comboing to sitdowns and back up, so i use my hb a ton. Im usually never in one position on my bike for more than a second so without a hb this would not be possible. its soo funny to hear someone talk about highchairs like theyre hard... or technical. Scott whoever, lets see you compete with JORIAN with you footbrake, i mean, comeon. I was doin staggered O's for a year before i even bought a handbrake, and yes i did crossed up **** with no hb 2. That doesnt mean its the way to do it. Look, sure im a squid, say what you want. Call me whatever. This is stuntlife i know how this works. Its the internet... so your tuff.. Ill post video of me doin stuff you could never do without a hb, ****, scott, you could probly never do it period... i mean lets bicker here... this ***** fun. you wonder why the respectable members of the stunt community wouldnt touch this site with a 50 foot pole...
I really should stay off this site too. Half the time i just write random **** or get so worked up over **** that doesnt matter at all. Im not really a ******** or an ******* and the same newb i may flame for entertainment id help out at the stunt spot. Even Six hundred ! Cant really take half the **** you hear me say on here seriously, its all in fun. But post some vid, maybe it will motivate me more go out and break my ***** cuz latley im riding like a girl.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:28 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
cuz latley im riding like a girl.
I know of no girls who are looping endos like you my friend

You sir Kill it. Gumby style.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

Does everyone else with the 13mm and four piston have a very soft lever at first? My magura grabs hard, but pulls almost to the lever when I first get on the bike then firms up pretty good after a minute. I'm assuming the four piston takes so much more fluid to push the pistons that it takes the 13 quite a few pumps to achieve appropriate pressure. So is everyone else getting that initial softness? It doesn't feel like air...
Old 07-01-2009, 10:37 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Mine was doing that for a while. I got used to it..then i just rebled it and its solid as a ******* rock! I overflowed the resi and no problems..actually alot harder to get used to the solid feel now..
Old 07-02-2009, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by frayz
Mine was doing that for a while. I got used to it..then i just rebled it and its solid as a ******* rock! I overflowed the resi and no problems..actually alot harder to get used to the solid feel now..
+1 rebleed it, mine got pretty soft after a week or so...Then I re bleed it and its rock hard again....Funny thing is even when it was soft it was still amazing, just more travel then I like...
Old 07-02-2009, 10:22 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

I'm gonna change my fluid out tonight
Old 07-06-2009, 08:46 AM

I'm gonna change my fluid out tonight
What are you going to use? I think Im cooking RBF 600 with this dual quad setup....So I want to try something with a higher boiling point
Old 07-06-2009, 09:56 AM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

I usually change my fluid every time I have a new set of pads installed. Just soak up old fluid in resevoir with rag, Pour new in, crack bleeder and pump old fluid through.

Quick Reply: 4 piston maintenance