4 piston maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 10:07 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve
Re: 4 piston maintenance

id rather watch scott kill it with no hb than someone jerk off a suicide megadeathstallspindeadsupercircle. guess you gotta be a rider who learn off peg ****** with no hb to understand
Old 06-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by doodlef4i
suicide megadeathstallspindeadsupercircle
Old 06-29-2009, 10:16 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by killswitch12283
wow..........sports evolve as do the technology that comes with the sport, no one gives a **** about the "old days" why you being a hater?
Its pretty ignorant for you to mention evolution and then say you dont give a **** about the past. Jimmy rigging a bigger caliper onto a rotor isnt technology.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by DoodleF4i
id rather watch scott kill it with no hb than someone jerk off a suicide megadeathstallspindeadsupercircle. guess you gotta be a rider who learn off peg ****** with no hb to understand
A crowd wants to see crashes, or the risk of a crash at least. Thats why Nascar, the otherwise most boring sport or activity next to freesyle frisbee is so popular. They want to see **** fly. If i had a choice to go watch a no handbrake xdl or the 4 piston one guess where i'd be. Don't get me wrong some of the circle combos are amazing BUT the second you stall a circle and just run it off the crowd no longer cares because they dont understand technical tricks, whats the risk ? They might as well go watch cars do nothing but left turns and in reality they actually would. So what does that say ?
Old 06-29-2009, 10:26 PM

p.s the video of scott scraping highchair with no hb on his f4 was one of the most gangster clips ever..even when i had a handbrake i would always practice my scrapes/slowing down,jumps,and combos just covering/using the clutch...its only fun when you might not come back off the bar lol :]
Old 06-30-2009, 12:53 AM

killswitch12283 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
Its pretty ignorant for you to mention evolution and then say you dont give a **** about the past. Jimmy rigging a bigger caliper onto a rotor isnt technology.

well i dont think the helmet and pad advancements in football make the sport any less entertaining, just reduces the risk of injury as does a hb, can you do off peg combo o's without one? I cant, pimp if you can
Old 06-30-2009, 08:55 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

This argument has been done 1000 times. Ill stay in the past where you pucker your ******* when you float a highchair and when you walk out of it you feel way better then you ever would if you did 10000 highchairs with a 4 piston caliper. Im on the loosing end of this argument because i bet 75% or more people here learnt basic tricks with a handbrake. Do what you want, ride how you want but i honestly sit back and laugh when i see this dual quad piston **** isnt good enough.. You want more brakes ? Leave your bike on the sidestand and "stunt" good lord.

Nowadays my favorite trick is 2nd gear seat stander handbrake champions. Danger
Old 06-30-2009, 08:55 AM

well i dont think the helmet and pad advancements in football make the sport any less entertaining, just reduces the risk of injury as does a hb, can you do off peg combo o's without one? I cant, pimp if you can
In a straight line yes, in a circle i dont know but i can try and honestly think its possible.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:38 AM

straight line without a brake isnt that pimp, scrapin hc w/o hb is pimp but not comboing.......anyone with alittle seat time who actually stunts can do that, and yes ive seen circles without a hb, just feathering clutch but i dont see them tuckin in or out of ****.......just ss o's.......plain and simple you cant keep up with todays technical tricks without one..........cant argue that
Old 06-30-2009, 10:44 AM

Id Have to disagree................

In general technology is the relationship that society has with its tools and crafts

"a capability given by the practical application of knowledge".

At least here in the states........maybe not in canasia
Old 06-30-2009, 11:18 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

YOU kind sir are an idiot.. STUNTING is NO handbrake at all, down the highway, with your ***** out. Try balancing a highchair in traffic with no handbrake at all. THATS a stunt. This 4 piston **** is just so people with no throttle control and knowledge of engine brake can feel like they too can "stunt". You dont need a handbrake to scrub speed especially when you have a geared up bike and if your idle is over powering your brake then turn it down.

ALSO maybe make a TRIPPLE 4 piston setup so you have a backup for when you glaze the one set of pads. lol what a ******* joke.
the newbs will never get it Scott. The thrill of stunting is lost on the HB genereation...

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Ok so we know you dont like HB's even thou I think you even have one now....Give us a ******* break thou....I dont know about you but Im working on SS stalls and death spins right now...That to me is stunting, and I dont see how the **** I could pull off these tricks without a HB...

OG is OG but **** who wants to be stuck back in the past? I dont want to be an HB queen, but I also dont want to limit my bag of tricks to engine brake and foot brake tricks...Just because I want to keep it "real"..."og" "gangster"whatever you want to call no HB stunting...

PS I doubt you get any extra points for competing without an HB....
This argument has been done 1000 times. Ill stay in the past where you pucker your ******* when you float a highchair and when you walk out of it you feel way better then you ever would if you did 10000 highchairs with a 4 piston caliper. Im on the loosing end of this argument because i bet 75% or more people here learnt basic tricks with a handbrake. Do what you want, ride how you want but i honestly sit back and laugh when i see this dual quad piston **** isnt good enough.. You want more brakes ? Leave your bike on the sidestand and "stunt" good lord.

I agree with both of you. Yes we have to move forward to progress the sport and everything, yes we need HB's now! no arguing that point!!! but I still think too many people are learning the wrong way today. Just cause you have a HB doesnt mean you should learn tricks relying on it... go learn some damn throttle control first!!! believe it or not it will make HB tricks a LOT easier and you wont keep raping your HB setup, i still use a single stock caliper with junction valve from FTI and i never have ANY of these problems... cause I use it like it's SUPPOSED to be used...And yes, defiantely, comps would be more entertaining to the crowd if they were higher speed, faster paced, with a bigger chance of a wreck. But dont blame it on the HB, just cause you have one doesnt mean you cant ride with energy, speed, and keep the crowd on the edge of their seat... there are a lot of riders that are capable of doing that, with a HB, and if you notice, as long as they keep their run clean they finish well! I think maybe XDL scoring could reward a rider that rides on the edge, entertaining the crowd much more, better to try to encourage that type of riding... think Teach on the RR............. he always had a HB on that bike and was still one of the funnest people to watch.........

wow..........sports evolve as do the technology that comes with the sport, no one gives a **** about the "old days" why you being a hater?
no one gives a **** about the old days... you need to learn a little stunt history and give some respect.. pretty bs comment you made there... and like i said above, many newbs SHOULD care about the past and learn something from it coughthrottlecontrolcough... willing to bet most of the newb squids that are "killing it" in a lot today would have a hard time doing a 1/4 mile off the pegs without a HB..........

yep.

HAHA, I would LOVE to see football played without pads... earn that 4.675 MILLION a year!!! I think that would actually be more entertaining...
Old 06-30-2009, 12:11 PM

I laugh when all the new kids that are like "bro make sure you get a handbrake first before you do anything off the peg you might loop it out otherwise" i've seen people that don't even know how to use a footbrake,or even have a fuctioning one their bike,but will kill hb tricks..wtf is that about..and as far as circle tricks etc etc. was it otown throw down gary did like every combo circle with his handbrake broken? to each his own..i just dont like it when people think stunting is nothing but about the handfake lol.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:24 PM
awww **** motorcycles!

paragus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to all

i've seen people that don't even know how to use a footbrake,or even have a fuctioning one their bike,but will kill hb tricks..wtf is that about..and as far as circle tricks etc etc.
this is all too common. ive seen this a few times.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:19 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

I run brembo 16x18, Hohey 4 piston, star rotor, with Motul RBF600 HH all around, front and rear...

And the only problem I have is....

After a few sessions fluid is burnt.

I definetly ride hard and rape brakes...
But as long as your not constantly dragging them you should be ok.
Part of the reason I like HH pads is cause theybite! I won't need to drag a HH as much as a oem pad..
dragging the brakes or to much slow idle stuff will overheat your brakes

Eitherway just make sure to have fresh fluid..

Were do you run your idle? You might need to turn it down and use your throttle
Old 06-30-2009, 02:31 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

YOU kind sir are an idiot.. STUNTING is NO handbrake at all, down the highway, with your ***** out. Try balancing a highchair in traffic with no handbrake at all. THATS a stunt. This 4 piston **** is just so people with no throttle control and knowledge of engine brake can feel like they too can "stunt". You dont need a handbrake to scrub speed especially when you have a geared up bike and if your idle is over powering your brake then turn it down.

ALSO maybe make a TRIPPLE 4 piston setup so you have a backup for when you glaze the one set of pads. lol what a ******* joke.
The awesome thing about a handbrake is you don't always have to use it...

But I would have stoped riding if all the stuff I do wasnt possible.
If I could only do footbrake stuff and no handbrake straightline...

I'd go back to dirtbike riding..

I love to control and all the technical side you get with brake and throttle control... It's not all about handbrake ya gotta use foot and front brakes that's my tripple setup..

You never known brake power till you tried the Front brakes in a wheelie!!!!

Old 06-30-2009, 02:38 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Ok ok asking for more then a 4 piston is pushing it, but honeslty I just went to 4 piston...And Im kicking myself in the *** for not doing it sooner. I never wanted it because of the look, and it being another thing for squids to point out at shows..To say things like "Thats why he can do that".....

After trying one I dont care what people say, it raised my game so much that I could give a **** less what someone says...I want to be doing the newest technical tricks (that I see on vids here, then try myself at the lot), and this really helps for that...I didnt just learn to stall SS or death spins, it just made me way better at them because of its locking power... It made stunting so much fun again...

So it depends what you want to do with stunting....Keep it OG or go for the new school tricks that require a HB...

And for the record Im not a HB queen and I learned slow SS without one...
Name:  11.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  38.1 KB
Old 06-30-2009, 02:42 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I heart my HB. Magura is now making a 11 & 12mm brakeside......hmmmmmmm

Last edited by -SKETCHY-; 06-30-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:17 PM

SHANE124 is a decent person

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Ok ok asking for more then a 4 piston is pushing it, but honeslty I just went to 4 piston...And Im kicking myself in the *** for not doing it sooner. I never wanted it because of the look, and it being another thing for squids to point out at shows..To say things like "Thats why he can do that".....

After trying one I dont care what people say, it raised my game so much that I could give a **** less what someone says...I want to be doing the newest technical tricks (that I see on vids here, then try myself at the lot), and this really helps for that...I didnt just learn to stall SS or death spins, it just made me way better at them because of its locking power... It made stunting so much fun again...

So it depends what you want to do with stunting....Keep it OG or go for the new school tricks that require a HB...

And for the record Im not a HB queen and I learned slow SS without one...
Holy **** that's an old pic, is that me in the back ground on the fiddy
Old 06-30-2009, 03:41 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I learned slow SS without a handbrake as well. Didn't know what one was then
Old 06-30-2009, 04:10 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I heart my HB. Magura is now making a 11 & 12mm brakeside......hmmmmmmm
Thats pretty sic, but do you think youd actually want anything smaller then the 13 for a 4 piston HB? I think the 13 is perfect so far....

Quick Reply: 4 piston maintenance