4 piston maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 11:20 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 4 piston maintenance

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I am having the SAME issue! it drives me nuts!!!!! Bout to do the big rotor kit so there should be less heat. Gonna take the caliper apart and polish the pistons and replace the seals too

Subscribed!!
Is there any BR you could put on the turd F4i??? I havent had this problem that both of you are speaking about but then again, Im not as gangsta as you guys are
Old 06-28-2009, 11:21 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by WADESEC518
stock pads with a fresh stock rotor and Motul RBF600 fluid... never seen fade nor loss of braking force
+1 but now Im knocking on wood since I said it
Old 06-28-2009, 11:40 PM
NealFoReal

Would a wave rotor or star rotor like HH got have less chance of getting glazed over Its supposed to stay cooler coz of the slots on the rotor
Old 06-28-2009, 11:57 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

someone should make a big rotor kit for f4i and 636 with 4 pistion caliper. that d b sick for sure.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:47 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Originally Posted by Big R 508
someone should make a big rotor kit for f4i and 636 with 4 pistion caliper. that d b sick for sure.
someone should beat you down in the lot, **** on your face and ride home on your bike.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by YSRRider
someone should beat you down in the lot, **** on your face and ride home on your bike.
stfu ***.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:54 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Originally Posted by Big R 508
stfu ***.

deaf pig!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by YSRRider
deaf pig!
whooooopieeee deee dooo...dumb ****.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:09 AM

Warning:YSRRider is one of the best culprit to deal with , keep your eyes open !)))
quote by ysrrider - frustration circles.

You do know that this makes absolutely no sense at all right?
Old 06-29-2009, 08:58 AM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Subscribed..I dont have this problem, but I had been getting brake fade here lately(was using regular dot 4 and boiled it once then i didnt change it ) so i filled it up with RBF and rebled. Well now my lever is hard as **** and my brake control is all out of wack. Beau said some people purposefully bleed air into the system a little? :shrugg
Old 06-29-2009, 05:09 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by frayz
Subscribed..I dont have this problem, but I had been getting brake fade here lately(was using regular dot 4 and boiled it once then i didnt change it ) so i filled it up with RBF and rebled. Well now my lever is hard as **** and my brake control is all out of wack. Beau said some people purposefully bleed air into the system a little? :shrugg
Youll get used to the hardness... I just went through the same, rebled and it got rock hard and I was all outta wack...One day in the lot and I got used to it again...
Old 06-29-2009, 05:27 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Youll get used to the hardness... I just went through the same, rebled and it got rock hard and I was all outta wack...One day in the lot and I got used to it again...
aight. well was supposed to breakout today but looks like rain..
Old 06-29-2009, 08:49 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by jcf4i
yep i have this same problem. Mine wore my rotor really fast, at the closest diameter. Ground a groove in the smallest part quick like. I lost a lot of brake force on the foot brake and handbrake together so i know its the rotor. Checked my thickness and its too thin to turn so i need a new one.. and whoever said stop riding the brakes.. isnt that what stunting is??
YOU kind sir are an idiot.. STUNTING is NO handbrake at all, down the highway, with your ***** out. Try balancing a highchair in traffic with no handbrake at all. THATS a stunt. This 4 piston **** is just so people with no throttle control and knowledge of engine brake can feel like they too can "stunt". You dont need a handbrake to scrub speed especially when you have a geared up bike and if your idle is over powering your brake then turn it down.

ALSO maybe make a TRIPPLE 4 piston setup so you have a backup for when you glaze the one set of pads. lol what a ******* joke.

Last edited by SCOTT_Chychul; 06-29-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:21 PM

lol^^
Old 06-29-2009, 09:26 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul
YOU kind sir are an idiot.. STUNTING is NO handbrake at all, down the highway, with your ***** out. Try balancing a highchair in traffic with no handbrake at all. THATS a stunt. This 4 piston **** is just so people with no throttle control and knowledge of engine brake can feel like they too can "stunt". You dont need a handbrake to scrub speed especially when you have a geared up bike and if your idle is over powering your brake then turn it down.

ALSO maybe make a TRIPPLE 4 piston setup so you have a backup for when you glaze the one set of pads. lol what a ******* joke.
Ok so we know you dont like HB's even thou I think you even have one now....Give us a ******* break thou....I dont know about you but Im working on SS stalls and death spins right now...That to me is stunting, and I dont see how the **** I could pull off these tricks without a HB...

OG is OG but **** who wants to be stuck back in the past? I dont want to be an HB queen, but I also dont want to limit my bag of tricks to engine brake and foot brake tricks...Just because I want to keep it "real"..."og" "gangster"whatever you want to call no HB stunting...

PS I doubt you get any extra points for competing without an HB....

Last edited by JohnnyP; 06-29-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:39 PM

Cincykillz is a decent person

to the guy that started this maybe try flushing your fluid and it boiled theres time my **** gets weak ill throw a zip tie on my h/b over night top off the resevoir the next day and im good just my .02
Old 06-29-2009, 09:49 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This argument has been done 1000 times. Ill stay in the past where you pucker your ******* when you float a highchair and when you walk out of it you feel way better then you ever would if you did 10000 highchairs with a 4 piston caliper. Im on the loosing end of this argument because i bet 75% or more people here learnt basic tricks with a handbrake. Do what you want, ride how you want but i honestly sit back and laugh when i see this dual quad piston **** isnt good enough.. You want more brakes ? Leave your bike on the sidestand and "stunt" good lord.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:59 PM

killswitch12283 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by tongwoo
i used to pay the $ for motul, but i just use the valvoline synthetic nowadays... The dry boiling point is almost as high, and it has a lower tendency to absorb moisture than the motul, so it actually lasts longer...

+1
Old 06-29-2009, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by SCOTT_Chychul

wow..........sports evolve as do the technology that comes with the sport, no one gives a **** about the "old days" why you being a hater?
Old 06-29-2009, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by six hundred
try doing suicide circles while on xanax while your oil filter is off

do you even stunt?.......................

Quick Reply: 4 piston maintenance