4 piston maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 10:13 AM

Endotransit will become famous soon enough
Re: 4 piston maintenance

Sketchy, what master r u using with ur 4 piston setup? 16mm or 13mm? Just curious to find out what they feel like b4 i pull the trigger and get one.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:15 AM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ROWDY
I can see it now... cooling fans on the rear brake rotor are gonna be the wave of the future

Buncha
hahahahaha not a bad idea
Old 06-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ROWDY
I can see it now... cooling fans on the rear brake rotor are gonna be the wave of the future

Buncha
Hahaha, I rode to bed the pads in after I bled the brakes. That's when I noticed how much heat this setup generates... I've just stayed off the brake like normal, and they've been good. Got the rotor a little hot on a sitdown city street riding last Friday, but the brakes still felt fine... Nowhere close to fading
Old 06-23-2009, 10:40 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Endotransit
Sketchy, what master r u using with ur 4 piston setup? 16mm or 13mm? Just curious to find out what they feel like b4 i pull the trigger and get one.
13mm w/RBF600 fluid
Old 06-23-2009, 10:40 AM

-Loco- is a decent person

Originally Posted by WADESEC518
stock pads with a fresh stock rotor and Motul RBF600 fluid... never seen fade nor loss of braking force
where can i order this motul rbf600 fluid? i'm from belgium and can't find this stuff over here
Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by -Loco-
where can i order this motul rbf600 fluid? i'm from belgium and can't find this stuff over here
I would sell you some but shipping it to Belgium would be insane.
Its made by Motul. Any dealers sell Motul over there?
Old 06-23-2009, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
I would sell you some but shipping it to Belgium would be insane.
Its made by Motul. Any dealers sell Motul over there?

i asked a few dealers who sold motul products like fork & engine oil, but they quit selling the brake fluid cause nobody bought the damn stuff

yeah shipping to belgium would really be insane, guess i should continue my search over here
Old 06-23-2009, 10:47 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by -Loco-
i asked a few dealers who sold motul products like fork & engine oil, but they quit selling the brake fluid cause nobody bought the damn stuff

yeah shipping to belgium would really be insane, guess i should continue my search over here
tell those ******* to order you some. They order thier Motul oil from the same place
Old 06-23-2009, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
tell those ******* to order you some. They order thier Motul oil from the same place
right on, gonna swing by the shop tomorrow!
Old 06-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough

I used to pay the $ for motul, but I just use the valvoline synthetic nowadays... The dry boiling point is almost as high, and it has a lower tendency to absorb moisture than the motul, so it actually lasts longer...
Old 06-23-2009, 11:24 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by TongWoo
I used to pay the $ for motul, but I just use the valvoline synthetic nowadays... The dry boiling point is almost as high, and it has a lower tendency to absorb moisture than the motul, so it actually lasts longer...
Thats what we use at the shop for the most part
Old 06-24-2009, 11:24 AM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future

subscribed.....
ive been running dual rear calipers. i'll be installing & trying out the 4 piston this weekend.
info could be useful if i have the same problem.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:41 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Im not having this problem, Im actually finding the exact opposite...The OEM Kawi pads would make my rotors really smooth and glossy (glazed), but after only 3 sessions on the dual quad. I find that the Honda pads wear the rotors much rougher, and have alot more bite....I might be overheating the rotor, but its not glazing at all....

Im loving this thing and Im so stupid for not going 4 piston sooner, it stepped my game up huge in only a few days on it. Im stalling every ******* thing! Im stalling stalls, parking my foot on everything, and just comming into everything way hotter then I ever could before......
Old 06-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by johnnyp

im loving this thing and im so stupid for not going 4 piston sooner, it stepped my game up huge in only a few days on it. Im stalling every ******* thing! Im stalling stalls, parking my foot on everything, and just comming into everything way hotter then i ever could before......
+1
Old 06-24-2009, 09:23 PM
highchair coaster burnout

jcf4i is a decent person

yep i have this same problem. Mine wore my rotor really fast, at the closest diameter. Ground a groove in the smallest part quick like. I lost a lot of brake force on the foot brake and handbrake together so i know its the rotor. Checked my thickness and its too thin to turn so i need a new one.. and whoever said stop riding the brakes.. isnt that what stunting is??
Old 06-27-2009, 01:59 PM

WADESEC518 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jcf4i
and whoever said stop riding the brakes.. isnt that what stunting is??

Old 06-27-2009, 02:05 PM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

no problem with my hb but i am having a problem with my front calipers. how do you clean these things? and replace everything. let me know the details and what i need...
Old 06-27-2009, 02:10 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

Originally Posted by Suicidl
Stop riding the brake and learn some throttle control and you won't glaze your pads.

absolutely, listen to the pro, he knows! More helpful tips please!
Old 06-28-2009, 10:02 PM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JOHN J
no problem with my hb but i am having a problem with my front calipers. how do you clean these things? and replace everything. let me know the details and what i need...

Basically You wanna push the pistons out a little with compressed air then you crack open the case of the caliper (it splits in two pieces) through the 4 torx screws remove the pistons and the seals...clean them up, polish them nice and smooth, make sure there OD of the piston 1 Should be 1.333in and the other 1.257in. Then install new seals and then put the pistons back in. Be sure to coat everything with fluid before installation....Then Repeat this for the other half and then 2x more for the other side caliper....

I need to do this too
Old 06-28-2009, 10:58 PM

six hundred is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Suicidl
Stop riding the brake and learn some throttle control and you won't glaze your pads.
try doing suicide circles while on xanax while your oil filter is off

Quick Reply: 4 piston maintenance