harbor freight tire changer

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 02:46 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: harbor freight tire changer

I use the HF bead breaker
Old 06-23-2009, 02:48 AM
wheres your momma @

montijo_420 is a decent person

how much do they run?
Old 06-23-2009, 02:55 AM
Jus Sayin

~TK~ is a decent person

Funny you posted this I picked one up yesterday and plan on changing my front today I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:53 AM

Up0n0ne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ToKwik
Spend a little extra money and get a NoMar.

Built better and will actually stand up to regular daily abuse without fail.
+1
All these other ways look like a pain and also look like they'll do a number on the wheels finish. The 1st video with the guy changing the trailer tire, I can imagine how bad a m/c rim would look after that abuse, plus a m/c tire isn't that flexable.

I bought the no mar with the floor mount and the hitch mount, hitch mount will be nice so I can take it to the lot and if anyone practices burnouts and blows their tire or needs a tire change it will be available.

They are a bit expensive, but now i don't have to take the wheels anywhere or shop for the cheapest price. I think it will pay for its self fairly quick.

Last edited by Up0n0ne; 06-23-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:54 AM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

i use that plastic wedge bead breaker you hit with a rubber mallet, it takes some work...but it does work
Old 06-23-2009, 10:16 AM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

i used the car method this weekend, I put my rim on the edge of my grass (as to not ruin it) and just drove over the side, and I have low profile rims and it didnt ruin/scratch them at all and it took less then a minute to do. I will never do it any different ever again
Old 06-23-2009, 10:24 AM

Tomball_D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by *trix*
i used the car method this weekend, I put my rim on the edge of my grass (as to not ruin it) and just drove over the side, and I have low profile rims and it didnt ruin/scratch them at all and it took less then a minute to do. I will never do it any different ever again
Thats some funny ****, you should video it and put it on here.

Anyone have as much fun as I did changin a fiddy tire? After 2 tubes I said **** it and took it to honda and 20$ and 15 min later I realized this was the way to go.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:53 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by MotoPhotoMan
Thats some funny ****, you should video it and put it on here.
If you look on youtube, there are lots of videos of it. It works better than most of the purpose built bead breakers you can buy.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:19 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

the main number 1 technique and tool that shops use that people dont use is SOAP! lots and lots of dish soap and only 1 tire iron. if you try and use 2 of them at once, 1 for prying and 1 for holding the other side of the tire from moving you will destroy the bead and bend the lip of the rim. the series of steel cables that run along the bead can not and will not bend or stretch at all. once youve screwed it up and realize that you can get it done in 10 minutes you will never pay another shop again. also they will not take the time to make sure they dont gauge your rotor, properly torque the axle, and properly clean and adjust the chain. and if you just take the wheel off and bring it down there then you are making them even richer because you did 90% of the work yourself already.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:49 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been using one for like 4-5 years and don't have any issues. You guys must not know what you're doing. Haha!
Old 06-24-2009, 02:10 AM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future

hmmm interesting info. i do all m dirtbike tire, but have been having trouble with my street bikes.

i'm tired of my a shop to do it, especially since i do ALL my other work my bikes need.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:12 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

yeah the harbor freight ones aren't that great. They get the job done but really not worth it IMO
Old 06-24-2009, 02:13 AM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

i ordered one of ebay for about 140 yesterday...im not paying 31 for a shity tire change anymore..
Old 06-24-2009, 02:26 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by *trix*
+1 Thats how I do it every time

Spooning tires is easy as hell, just sucks having to use my car to pop the bead
Old 06-24-2009, 02:39 AM

ninja650 is a decent person

Originally Posted by $$$$DINO$$$$
i ordered one of ebay for about 140 yesterday...im not paying 31 for a shity tire change anymore..

i got my HF tire changer with MC accessory new off ebay for just under $100 shipped. and the dude left out a little pin that holds the bead breaker on it. so i tell him. and instead of sending the pin the fucktard sent me another whole changer LOL. i come home one day and im like wtf is this big box. i never told him how dumb he was. so i got some free spare parts for mine LOL.... but i like it gets it done easy and fast and FREE
Old 06-24-2009, 03:28 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JesseJacobs can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by ownage
oh and you can always do this to help
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299597
Why is there still a discussion.... I think this is obviously the way to go...
Old 06-24-2009, 03:41 AM

ownage is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JesseJacobs
Why is there still a discussion.... I think this is obviously the way to go...
lol i've never done it that way....nothing two tire spoons and home made bead breaker cant do
Old 06-24-2009, 03:43 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JesseJacobs can only hope to improve

Fo Sheezy!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 03:46 AM

ownage is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JesseJacobs
Fo Sheezy!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:59 AM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

i didn't have a problem with it. it was fun!

Quick Reply: harbor freight tire changer