03-04 636 flat spot/bog around 2000 RPMs?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 12:22 AM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of
03-04 636 flat spot/bog around 2000 RPMs?????

anybody have any ideas or experienced this same thing???ive talked to a couple people that have noticed it also but no ideas on how to fix iti just bogged on an exit from a one foot stall off a box truck and hit a parked truck at the spot due to the bog/flat spot last weekend and caused about $1000 in damagemy bike has the kleen air mod done and everything is capped off with vaacum caps and there is no leaks as far as i can tell..the bike has around 14k miles...anybody have any ideas????thanks in advance
Old 06-21-2009, 01:07 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 03-04 636 flat spot/bog around 2000 RPMs?????

ever put a set of plugs in it ? if not get the good plugs not the cheap ones ..
Old 06-21-2009, 02:23 AM

DEBO is a decent person

Check all connections! and the one by the header!

Check battery terms!
Old 06-21-2009, 04:11 AM

PeterNoggin is a decent person

this might be off but my mech. told me to think about what u call them.........tres' or I thought there call retards or something like that to cut that out that was a long shot answer because my bike does it too
Old 06-21-2009, 04:12 AM

I put good plugs in too
Old 06-21-2009, 05:22 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

tre is a timing retard eliminator and really onlt effects the bike in high rpms
Old 06-21-2009, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
tre is a timing retard eliminator and really onlt effects the bike in high rpms
oh ok my bad
Old 06-21-2009, 11:34 AM

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by old man roger
ever put a set of plugs in it ? if not get the good plugs not the cheap ones ..
i never have but i just got the bike with 14k on it...im sure the dude i bought it from DIDNT ever do them either considering the condition of the rest of the bike when i got it
Old 06-21-2009, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by DEBO
Check all connections! and the one by the header!

Check battery terms!
battery terms are tight..what other connections you talking about???just all the other electrical connections???so you never had this problem with your 03-04 DEBO????
Old 06-21-2009, 12:15 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

give the bike a tune up since you bought a beat up bike according to u...plugs, oil,clean the filter and have the throttlebodies synced..this should be done to any bike u buy used before u even ride the thing....atleast thats me..and i never have problems with any of my bikes
Old 06-21-2009, 12:18 PM

kylenv is a decent person

good post loogie. throw some plugs and and let me know. this 636 i bought is a 7000 miles garage queen and still has the same problem. its not a stunt bike I just noticed it when reving it up and thought maybe the stock exhaust had a flapper or something like my 954. when I actually went to ride i was just trying some slow (squid) wheelies just to see if I even liked it thats when I thought something was up.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
give the bike a tune up since you bought a beat up bike according to u...plugs, oil,clean the filter and have the throttlebodies synced..this should be done to any bike u buy used before u even ride the thing....atleast thats me..and i never have problems with any of my bikes
i did the oil(royal purple),kleen mod, and filter when setting up the bikei didnt sync the TB's or do the plugs because i NEVER have to any other used bike ive boughtand like kylenv said,his bike does the same thing and its got 7k miles and mint as **** so i dont really think thats it but ill still try it then go from there,thanks for theand keep the info coming
Old 06-21-2009, 12:44 PM

kylenv is a decent person

when I get a chance i'm going to pull my plugs just for the hell of it. but I will be ******* shocked if thats what it is....
can't wait for people to wake up and shoot some replies on this
Old 06-21-2009, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by kylenv
when I get a chance i'm going to pull my plugs just for the hell of it. but I will be ******* shocked if thats what it is....
can't wait for people to wake up and shoot some replies on this
ya def. like to hear some more ideas/similiar problems from some other peepsi KNOW others have HAD to have experienced similiar issues considering its on the top 3 list of bikes people are rocking
Old 06-21-2009, 03:05 PM

any other ideas??
Old 06-21-2009, 05:16 PM
also known as OMR

99% of the people that ride 03 04 636's say that the bike pulls on idle better then any other bike so you two are the exception not the rule , i have seen water in the gas cause a bog or just really old gas but other then that or a loose connection like debo said i would bet plugs are the problem and like i said get the good plugs not the cheap ones ..
Old 06-21-2009, 05:59 PM

killswitch12283 can only hope to improve

all i rock are 636's and yes they are big pullers, never had a bogging issue, if you do since its at low rpm when your load is heaviest on the engine small problems tend to feel bigger, so if plugs are old and shitty, or tbs outa sinc or air clogged you could experience a problem, at higher rpm those problems arent noticeable.....my two cents
Old 06-21-2009, 06:38 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

fuel pump could be going out too
Old 06-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

i see you guys out it cali, you got all the extra exhaust/emissions crap still on it or you take all that out when u did kleen air mod
Old 06-21-2009, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by mofat01
i see you guys out it cali, you got all the extra exhaust/emissions crap still on it or you take all that out when u did kleen air mod
i removed all that **** and blocked it off when i did kleen mod

Quick Reply: 03-04 636 flat spot/bog around 2000 RPMs?????