600RR Full Throttle dual four piston review

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Came back-it's still wack

TongWoo will become famous soon enough
600RR Full Throttle dual four piston review

My bike setup before was: 07 600RR. Stock caliper with adapter and magura 13mm. The stock caliper on the 07 up is tiny and weak with an inconsistent feel.

So I got my dual caliper bracket, line, and pre cut brake pads from Bill. Put the bracket and wheel on, which is actually way easier than the stock bracket. I got my calipers from a good friend and got to bleeding. Bleeding the calipers is really no issue at all. I simply placed a 12mm wrench between the pads and ziptied it in place. Bled the brakes with the caliper at a vertical angle (the same as on the front of the bike) and tapped the caliper a few times to ensure all air moved freely to the bleeder valve and bled out. Bolted em' up and rode to bed the pads in.
They are definitely insanely strong. I have the magura 13mm and I've heard the 16mm is the way to go, BUT... my 13 works great and I can lock up the rear tire at 50mph with my PINKY! The footbrake is very soft and achieves lockup about halfway down, at which position there isn't a lot of pedal pressure yet... So, the trick to getting used to the brake is foot position as opposed to feel of pressure at the pedal, which actually allows you to focus on less variables (foot angle to brake effect vs. Foot angle to pedal pressure to brake effect) and maintain a more efficient awareness of how your braking is affecting the bike. (Makes coasters motard easy) There is way more feel and control at the pedal than before. The handbrake setup is ridiculously strong, with more initial bite and tons of feel and feedback at the lever with my 13mm Magura. It again is more about lever position instead of lever pressure to the relation of force at the brakes. This means tons of feel with a minimal risk of arm pump because it feels like I'm moving the lever as opposed to squeezing the lever. Awesome for coasters, and it gives me tons of confidence in my brakes, which is farking awesome. I honestly don't think a brake setup could get better than this. I love em'.

Last edited by TongWoo; 06-20-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:27 AM
"Back on the Block"

JohnnyBmore will become famous soon enough
Re: 600RR Full Throttle dual four piston review

Sounds sick!!! how were the streets last night??
Old 06-20-2009, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyBmore
Sounds sick!!! how were the streets last night??
Turnout was super weak, but we had a good, trouble free time and fun whoolies!
Old 06-20-2009, 11:57 AM
word

oh8cbr600 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Turnout was super weak, but we had a good, trouble free time and fun whoolies!

yeah definately a crappy turnout

did yall get some decent fun in after i went home?
next time we ride the streets u me drew and dane will just have to go, and i'll make sure i can stay out and ride late without the old lady naggin
Old 06-20-2009, 12:04 PM

JohnR is an unknown quantity at this point

just got mine all bolted up last night.....ill post some feedback as soon as it stops ****** raining!
Old 06-20-2009, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by JohnR
just got mine all bolted up last night.....ill post some feedback as soon as it stops ****** raining!
Takes just a little to get used to, but it is def so much better!
And as far as rain goes, I feel ya. It's been raining nonstop down here up until last night. Muggy as hell
Old 06-20-2009, 12:15 PM
"Back on the Block"

JohnnyBmore will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JohnR
Im going crazy .....
Old 06-20-2009, 12:25 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

i did just about the same thing woo...

i bled them wit and extra pad in between the pads at an upright position...i like your descreption bout the footbrake....ive been tellin people about this all week and thats the best explanation for it. the footbrake has some gangster swoop to it now!

Name:  photo-1.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  91.7 KB

FTI rocks!
Old 06-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Yes guys, it really is me

-Ludo is a decent person

I've got the chance to get one of them. But i cant help think i'm not gona like the foot brake working the twin pot. I'm leaning more for the HoHay with stock foot brake and twin pot bar break at the min.

I'm running 2 stock rear calipers at the min with a 13mm magura and its fine. But **** for foot drags or anythin that ends up to far back and messy lol Thats why i'm thinking about a twin pot on the bar brake. Foot brake on the 05 636 is awesome tho.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by -Ludo
I've got the chance to get one of them. But i cant help think i'm not gona like the foot brake working the twin pot. I'm leaning more for the HoHay with stock foot brake and twin pot bar break at the min.

I'm running 2 stock rear calipers at the min with a 13mm magura and its fine. But **** for foot drags or anythin that ends up to far back and messy lol Thats why i'm thinking about a twin pot on the bar brake. Foot brake on the 05 636 is awesome tho.
I think you'd lke the 4 pot on the footbrake. It has so much feel that it actually allows you to use less brake more easily if that makes sense...

Originally Posted by f4ibry
i did just about the same thing woo...

i bled them wit and extra pad in between the pads at an upright position...i like your descreption bout the footbrake....ive been tellin people about this all week and thats the best explanation for it. the footbrake has some gangster swoop to it now!

FTI rocks!
That is a way better idea... Using an extra pad to belled em would be smarter! Yeah, I love the rear footbrake now. It's like doing a coaster on a motard, but more stable because of the weight. So gangster!
Old 06-20-2009, 03:15 PM

And btw I would definitely reccomend getting the pre cut pads from Bill. They are cut perfect and his prices are awesome.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:58 PM

JohnR is an unknown quantity at this point

well, just got back from the spot. I gotta say that this setup is definatly out of control! The footbrake does have a way longer travel it seems, which is great for no handers and ****. It gives you so much feel compared to the stock one. The handbrake has so much power that it actually is harder to get used to than the footbrake. I slammed a couple straightline combos straight down just because my finger touched the lever that little bit and circles dont feel as smooth because the brake hits soo hard. After a while though i started getting used to it and I know im gonna love it in the long run. Overall im definatly satisfied with the product and with the shipping and customer service from FTI. I just think its funny that I was worried about the footbrake being too much and I kinda feel like its the handbrake that is too much.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:58 PM

Yeah, the footbrake is gangster and the handbrake is crucial, hahaha. I really had to go easy on the hb!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:36 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a doozy my first ride as well... Grabbed way more hb than necessary...

Is nebody running the hb caliper to to top brake? I tried it top n bottom n stuk wit it on top, footbrake on bottom... i wasn't able to tell if it made any difference tho...

I was thinking that in the long run It might help keep air outa the caliper feeding from the top
Old 06-20-2009, 11:06 PM
HARLEM BOYZ

NARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura aboutNARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura aboutNARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura about

I would love to post feedback but it ****** rains everyday. Im running a 13mm magura for the first time it feels a lil too squishy i bled and bled and bled and still squishy. I even took it to the shop and had em bled and still the same. It locks up from wat I can tell but its a further squeeze than im used to. Is it me buggin out or marguras feel this way and everything is fine?
Old 06-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

16's are soft, 13's are wayyy softtt... i always liked 13mm for a single piston and 16mm for 4 pistons
Old 06-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

also i just purchased a single 4 piston adaptor for my f4i.. i cant wait to see how it works out. the only thing now is im waiting on my dam replacment magura parts to come in
Old 06-20-2009, 11:20 PM
HARLEM BOYZ

NARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura aboutNARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura aboutNARD BLOCKZ has a spectacular aura about

Cool I thought so. Well Ill jus have to wait till the rain goes away before i try it and judge from there. thanks
Old 06-20-2009, 11:28 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

i bet those pads last long now
Old 06-20-2009, 11:46 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TongWoo
I think you'd lke the 4 pot on the footbrake. It has so much feel that it actually allows you to use less brake more easily if that makes sense...

That is a way better idea... Using an extra pad to belled em would be smarter! Yeah, I love the rear footbrake now. It's like doing a coaster on a motard, but more stable because of the weight. So gangster!
bout time fti came out with a good setup **** is pimp

Quick Reply: 600RR Full Throttle dual four piston review