powdercoat wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:01 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice
Re: powdercoat wheels

Originally Posted by RollinRedneck
I paid 80 bucks for powder coat saftey orange with clear coat

looks like the ****** didnt even mask off the bearing races!!!!!!!!! you got robbed!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:08 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice
Re: powdercoat wheels

Originally Posted by jordanv3122
whats the big disadvantage to painting and clearing wheels? does it really not hold up well? im not rattlecanning anything its good dupont automotive paint i just always heard powdercoat is much better for wheels?
the advantages are cost/durability for the most part, powder is cheap compared to liquid paint. The durability of $100 in powder is that of $500 in liquid paint, clear and all the other chemicals needed like hardener...etc.

Originally Posted by ownage
that gun is bad *** and they dont need to push a button to change colors...it's just as simple to swap the hoppers it's cool for there little shop and they do big money things all the time....all word of mouth
no, you dont NEED an expensive gun, the cheaper guns dont have many options, gun tips are extremely handy for different jobs, a deflector tip is standard on most guns but they suck for getting in tight spots especially on a 2 stage color. I've never seen a cheap gun that had different tip options.