Wrist Surgury

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:03 PM
DSMdemon96

DSMdemon96 is a decent person
Wrist Surgury

I posted about three months back about my 180 stoppie ending badly with a shattered schafoid and radius. My Dr. waited this long to see if it would heal on its own and it did... crooked and apparently they missed the torn ligaments and tendons on the first go round and have decided I need reconstructive surgury.
Im pretty nervous and was hoping to hear from those that have gone before me about how big of a deal it is.
I havn't had a surgury in 12 years since I was a kid and Im kind of freaking out...
Old 06-19-2009, 02:19 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: Wrist Surgury

Doctors suck!!! I have had the wrong body parts x-rayed cause I was out of it. If my right leg is swollen 10x more than my left leg, don't x-ray my left leg. Hope you have insurance...........wait, you probably do or they wouldn't do surgery. Unless your a illegal mexican, then you get 1st class mediacal treatment.

I'm done bitching now.

Good luck homie
Old 06-19-2009, 02:26 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't worry about it.....just ask your primary doctor for his opinion and maybe get a second opinion......sometimes travelling for the surgery makes sense if you find a better doctor......don't half *** it......oh and most importantly tell them you have a high tolerance for pain meds and need the good stuff!!
Old 06-19-2009, 03:04 PM

scandelous81 is a decent person

Had the same problem with my schafoid and radius but it was just broken not shattered. That bone is very hard for the body to heal, mine rebroke and i didn't know cause it never felt 100% to begin with. Was broke for 3yrs before I went back to the Doc., they said yep its broke, they went in to clean it up and do a bone graph but it was so bad they had to take out half my schafoid. Its better now, its been about a year since i had it done. Dont have the flexability in it anymore.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:26 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

damn man that sucks! Good luck with it!

I hate how most doctors treat every injury like it's nothing, then the other half of doctors, treat small injuries like its something terrible.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:00 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

I had something sililar,I broke the scaphiod,but from complications a couldnt have surgery on it till like 2 months later,after it had healed fucked up,then they put a screw in it,this is like 2 1/2 years ago and its still fucked, hurts pretty much all the time,has like no flexability either, Im sure this is not what you wanna hear,but at least it doesnt affect my riding.good luck
Old 06-21-2009, 12:11 AM
DSMdemon96

DSMdemon96 is a decent person

I appreciate the advice and stories. Im hoping the surgery goes well. Im scared shitless of the dentist and this has me petrified. lol
Old 06-21-2009, 12:22 AM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

I broke my scaphoid and rotated the radius out of position 90 degrees in January 08. I ended up having surgery in March 08 and it is just now to the point where it doesnt hurt constantly. It still hurts doing some activities like bench press and anything that requires my wrist to rotate. Like scandelous said its been over a year since my surgery and I dont have full range of motion either.