W.T.F. was so hard about that

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Mikey P. Freestyle

crew72 is a decent person
W.T.F. was so hard about that

Ive been stunting for a little less that a year. Ive been scared shitless to try to take my foot off the rear brake and use the hand brake. Well yesterday I said **** it, I clutched that beotch up and took my foot off the brake and I grabbed the rear hand brake like Ive been doing it for ever. Man do i feel kinda dumb knowing it was that easy. Anyone else have these stupid things happen to them?
Old 06-14-2009, 11:20 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person
Re: W.T.F. was so hard about that

Originally Posted by crew72
Ive been stunting for a little less that a year. Ive been scared shitless to try to take my foot off the rear brake and use the hand brake. Well yesterday I said **** it, I clutched that beotch up and took my foot off the brake and I grabbed the rear hand brake like Ive been doing it for ever. Man do i feel kinda dumb knowing it was that easy. Anyone else have these stupid things happen to them?
+1 i hyped it up some much then i tryed it and it wasn't that hard
Old 06-14-2009, 11:28 PM
control switcher

Dr_Rip_It will become famous soon enough

I tend to take my foot off the rear brake during a wheelie. Not thinking that if i go past bp ill be fucked. I dont know y i just keep thinking in my head rear brake, rear brake. Maby if i had a hand brake it would be better i could catch that and not worry about my foot brake. But everyone says learn the foot brake before the hand brake thats y i have not gotten a hand brake yet. what you guys think?

Last edited by Dr_Rip_It; 06-14-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

I tried last the same thing last year but right as I clutched it up and didn't cover
foot brake I realized I didn't have a Hand Brake...
Old 06-14-2009, 11:40 PM
control switcher

^^dam did you crash? im flying sometimes like 40mph about bp and come back down and my foot is not even near the foot brake. maby my feet are towed out and thats where they swing to.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:40 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

i did not have that problem at all...maybe because i jumped of the bicycle..
Old 06-15-2009, 01:18 AM
FTP!

Nappy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dr_Rip_It
^^dam did you crash? im flying sometimes like 40mph about bp and come back down and my foot is not even near the foot brake. maby my feet are towed out and thats where they swing to.
Nothin to do with how you're shaped. I used to do it too. You just need to readjust your stance and deal with it.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:26 AM
control switcher

^^ok sounds good ill just have to get used to how i set my right foot before the wheelie. lol
Old 06-15-2009, 01:28 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

^^ok sounds good ill just have to get used to how i set my right foot before the wheelie. lol
extend your brake arm out 5"
Old 06-15-2009, 01:31 AM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

i broke the rearset on my 750 and didnt have a foot brake. that helped me to use the handbrake real quick.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:33 AM
control switcher

Originally Posted by WHEELIE
extend your brake arm out 5"
thats a dam good idea!!. next thing you know my weld job or bend job on the brake arm will bust and ill loop and crash. but then i can blame it on that and not my goofy right foot. haha

Last edited by Dr_Rip_It; 06-15-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:38 AM
Administrators

thats a dam good idea!!. next thing you know my weld job or bend job on the brake arm will bust and ill loop and crash. but then i can blame it on that and not my goofy right foot. haha
No more Rider Error...
Old 06-15-2009, 10:06 AM

jlh42581 is a decent person

im still programming the foot brake into my head, i have to consciously think about it though. its not something i have a sixth sense about yet.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:16 AM

zombiearrrjay is a decent person

Yeah it's not something you will subconsciously use unless you MAKE yourself use it. I learned first gear wheelies with just engine break and throttle control and it felt like i took two steps backwards when i forced myself to use the break. You have to do it though if you wanna slow stuff down.

In second gear fast wheelies i find myself still not using it though
Old 06-15-2009, 10:17 AM

Tomball_D is an unknown quantity at this point

It's weird how when your standing on the seat or up on the back peg you don't even think about using the rear brake, until you almost loop one, then you think why don't I have a hb yet
Old 06-15-2009, 12:01 PM
caballero del diablo

deanknight636 is a decent person

hell yeah i had a real trust issue with my hb. but then i said **** it did a couple sit downs just usein the hb, then did my first ss.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:35 PM

NovaMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zombiearrrjay
Yeah it's not something you will subconsciously use unless you MAKE yourself use it. I learned first gear wheelies with just engine break and throttle control and it felt like i took two steps backwards when i forced myself to use the break. You have to do it though if you wanna slow stuff down.
Did the same thing. Had a heck of a time forcing myself to bring stuff back with brake and not just rely on engine brake. But once I got in the habit 30 MPH wheelies turned into 5 mph and stalls. So Now people in the lot freak out when im doing spreaders and HC's with no handbrake. Its like they think Handbrakes have always been around and noone ever did tank and seat trick without them.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:37 PM

636squid is a decent person

I don't have a footbrake!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 08:24 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

handbrake is 100X easier to control than a foot brake is IMO. I wish my bikes came stock with a HB instead of a footbrake id have no problem at all
Old 06-15-2009, 10:24 PM
control switcher

^^^+1 i wanted to learn with a hb first also. but most say to get use to the foot brake before using the hand brake. if you just get used to the hb i would use that all the time and not the foot.

Quick Reply: W.T.F. was so hard about that