Did I blow my clutch? Please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 11:44 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice
Re: Did I blow my clutch? Please help!!

there are tolerances on all the parts. they're probably going through fibers because those rough groves they are cutting in with the concrete is eating them up fast. Thats hack work..... you guys do what you want on your bikes..........

Theres a reason that people are racing atv's and not studying law or brain surgery.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:48 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by YSRRider
ehhhhhh **** glazing......... Once its heated that hot its junk, its never the same. its apart, just replace it.
**** glazing? tell that to my 50 brake pads which I sand weekly
Old 06-08-2009, 11:50 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

there are tolerances on all the parts. they're probably going through fibers because those rough groves they are cutting in with the concrete is eating them up fast. Thats hack work..... you guys do what you want on your bikes..........

Theres a reason that people are racing atv's and not studying law or brain surgery.
And I'm sure your a brain surgeon, studying law, and you have done many racing series

Instead of opening your mouth, open your mind. Everything you hear isn't bull ****. Professional racers just purchase a new clutch every race. But not everyone has that kind of money baller ysr.

Yes replacing them is the proper thing to do. but the improper thing to do is to do wheelies / burnouts and burn the clutch out. So where do you really draw the line?
Old 06-09-2009, 12:02 AM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

i'm not gonna even argue this. If a racer cant afford to replace the clutch when its bad I guess he cant afford the hobby. Its as simple as that.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:14 AM

i'm not gonna even argue this. If a racer cant afford to replace the clutch when its bad I guess he cant afford the hobby. Its as simple as that.
Yeah your right, I should tell my friend he should get him and his 3 kids out of racing because he is cheap.

I mean what kind of father is he to save money to keep his kids racing

Send me all your tires once they get worn pass legal specs and I'll rock them YSR, since you purchase everything new and run the best equipment

Btw it's not just about replacing a clutch when it's bad, I'm sure he could race a few years on a clutch, have it slip a little, lose a little performance.
but if it's costing him races, why waste his time racing? He can spend about 30 minutes sanding his disks every race and be back up and running good as new.
Of course if he made $100/hr at his job, I'm sure he'd just buy new and pay honda to install them.. . Considering he doesn't, he sticks with doing it himself, the way that works.

He is no professional, none of my friends are, they are people who love riding for fun, and like racing. Why just drop his hobby because what he does WORKS and YSR doesn't approve? lol

Last edited by Towlieee; 06-09-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Yeah your right, I should tell my friend he should get him and his 3 kids out of racing because he is cheap.

I mean what kind of father is he to save money to keep his kids racing

Send me all your tires once they get worn pass legal specs and I'll rock them YSR, since you purchase everything new and run the best equipment

Btw it's not just about replacing a clutch when it's bad, I'm sure he could race a few years on a clutch, have it slip a little, lose a little performance.
but if it's costing him races, why waste his time racing? He can spend about 30 minutes sanding his disks every race and be back up and running good as new.
Of course if he made $100/hr at his job, I'm sure he'd just buy new and pay honda to install them.. . Considering he doesn't, he sticks with doing it himself, the way that works.

He is no professional, none of my friends are, they are people who love riding for fun, and like racing. Why just drop his hobby because what he does WORKS and YSR doesn't approve? lol

And that is why this country is fucked. Everyones priorities are fucked up. Yeah, you dont get into sports/hobbies if you cant afford to support them. You dont buy $5000 rims for a vehicle that isn't payed off. And you dont buy them if you cant afford to pay cash for them. I met a family of white trash at an open house for one of the dealers.... .they had a tent up, had their ATV's on display and they were basically pan handling.... they wanted people to donate money so they could keep racing. They should have been asking for donations for dental work.

I run my tires till they are done, they still hold air, if you want them, they're yours, I can get you lots!
Old 06-09-2009, 01:07 AM

And that is why this country is fucked. Everyones priorities are fucked up. Yeah, you dont get into sports/hobbies if you cant afford to support them. You dont buy $5000 rims for a vehicle that isn't payed off. And you dont buy them if you cant afford to pay cash for them. I met a family of white trash at an open house for one of the dealers.... .they had a tent up, had their ATV's on display and they were basically pan handling.... they wanted people to donate money so they could keep racing. They should have been asking for donations for dental work.

I run my tires till they are done, they still hold air, if you want them, they're yours, I can get you lots!

lol

So since he dosen't decide to purchase 8-12 clutches a year to keep his bikes running at max performance, his priories are fucked up?
I'd have to check with him, but I'm PRETTY SURE his house, and 20 acres of land (all covered in riding trails) are paid for. Might not be I'm not sure.. but considering he has many vehicles, couple enclosed trailers, and still affords to have his kids race, I'm assuming his ***** paid for, or he is at least paying his bills

Either way, he's doing it, he's doing fine. Do you have a kid? can you even say yo ucan support ONE kid? How about 3 kids? How about having them 3 kids all race on newer quads and still have the time to maintain them, and either purchase brand new parts to keep them running at 100% peak performance, or fixing the parts to keep them running at peak performance?

Doubt you can say that... Well he does, and his method works, so still don't see why you are arguing.

Have you ever tried sanding a clutch? Do you ahve any experience? Or did the guy that sold you honda dino oil for $6 a qt have you hooked on OEM ****?

My point is, do what works.
If you aren't 100% following the book, then who you to tell someone sanding the clutches is improper?
If it works it works. I tell people straight up "hey might not work" but when someone has low mileage, it's somethine you can TRY.
But of course, if your time is worth more then the price of a new clutch, then get a new clutch.

But honestly, the time both you and me have spent on stuntlife tonight, I could have stripped a bike down to the frame lol.. Or sanded clutches on 3 bikes, change 5 tires, yada yada.

I got a broken hand though, so I have an excuse for spending the next month on stuntlife Everyones gonna be seeing me here a lot tell I get back to riding haha

Last edited by Towlieee; 06-09-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:19 AM

Oem **** rock!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 01:44 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JesseJacobs can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by ysrrider
ehhhhhh **** glazing......... Once its heated that hot its junk, its never the same. Its apart, just replace it.
+1
Old 06-30-2009, 11:05 AM

Black03R1 is an unknown quantity at this point

so I didnt have to work today and finally just got my parts so after soaking the new fibers I took apart the old clutch and put in the new fibers, steels, and springs. the first and last fiber are different from the rest and different from eachother. And I put all the steels round side in, just like it came out. I spent about 180 bucks for OEM honda clutch parts from my honda store. I need to go get a torque wrench to torque the bolts to spec and some goop for a new seal. I already got my new oil and filter. Will be up and running in a bit. What should I do as far as breaking it in?

And you guys were right, it was easy as hell to do.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:58 PM

I'd go easy on it for atleast 100 miles, then beat on it like you normally would! LOL
Old 06-30-2009, 04:00 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

I'd go easy on it for atleast 100 miles, then beat on it like you normally would! LOL
like the way i beat up your mom's *****?
Old 06-30-2009, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by stock05
like the way i beat up your mom's *****?

Hey, lets get off moms cuz I just got off yours!

Last edited by YSRRider; 06-30-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:15 PM

Black03R1 is an unknown quantity at this point

haha good to know. I got the cable adjusted pretty good on both ends I think. So far a good feel and some play in the lever. I let the goopies dry on the case. I'll toss some oil in it in a little bit and see how it goes.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:21 PM

you torqued the bolts properly on the clutch? those can be a bitch sometimes and you need a torque wrench that goes down that low.