Stand ups keep veering right??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 02:46 AM

hotstang46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Stand ups keep veering right??

I'm so frustrated right now. I cannot seem to keep the bike from veering right. how should I attemp to steer when doing a stand up. Can't figure out what's causing it??
Old 07-19-2003, 02:50 AM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point
thats funny cause i veer left, but i think i can chalk it up to reachin for the rear brake with my foot and sorta tweakin the bike, also another big factor to take into consideration is how your throttle hand is positioned, when you gas it you may not have it even with the other arm, at least that was a problem i had at first, hope that helps
Old 07-19-2003, 04:46 AM
Regular StuntLifer

H00KED is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude, I'm here and pissed right with ya. For the past few days I've been almost pulling my hair out b/c the fuggin thing veers right on me. Well today I went through some road construction and on the other side was this beautiful black road that was smooth as ****. So I thought, well let's see. I'll be damned if I didn't steer that bike around like it was nothing....it veered right, I brought it back left, then back right a little again.

I figured out that my problem was the other roads I was ridin on slope so the rain runs off. Well I guess it's just so drastic that I can't correct the bike. But anyway, to steer you basicly just apply more pressure to foot that's on the side you want to go. You also lean with your body in that direction a little.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:22 PM

tagss4 is an unknown quantity at this point
head position, lean with your body off the side of the bike while keeping it balanced. if your on the gas it will continue to go straight.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:28 PM
Regular StuntLifer

H00KED is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by rpm
Need to get RedlineLaura she can steer very well did you see the end of her 3 mile gandy bridge wheelie?
Yep, where ya at Laura? LoL
It looks like she uses her right foot help balance/steer...I'd try that but I'm not too crazy about not being able to cover the brake. By the way, props on that 3 mile, very nice!

I'd say lots of practice and good roads will lead to perfection.
Old 07-19-2003, 11:29 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Spark~R.O.C. is an unknown quantity at this point
balance point

hit the bp
Old 07-20-2003, 02:09 AM

larriken is an unknown quantity at this point
You generally veer off cos of the road slope or to much weight to one side. Shift yourself and your weight and you can go anywhere.
Old 07-20-2003, 02:19 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
mine veer right bad.. I'm pretty sure the bike isnt straight
Old 07-20-2003, 03:24 PM

codebluezx9r is an unknown quantity at this point
lean to the left....let alittle air out of you tire too make wheelies more stable.
Old 07-20-2003, 03:35 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by Gimix
Nags, so your bike is gay?

For high speed wheelies, letting air out will make it less stable... I could rock it forever on my 750 with stock or close to stock air.. with like 20 I'd get the wobbles like a bitch