will stuntriding follow bmx steps?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 10:28 PM
TEAM KELM MOTHAFUUCKA***S

br denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of light
will stuntriding follow bmx steps?

this post is a result of a drunk convo between stunters and bmxers thats hangs out together everyday and share the same passion for injuries, broken bones and rashes

first off i must to say that my town has only 60.000 inhabitants and the strongest bmx scene in the whole country... we have x-games medalists and 12 year old kids that just started riding in the same spot everyday all day

we (the stunters) always hang around with them and between lots of beers this topic came up...

the bmxers are saying handbrakes is holding suntriding back... and we all agreed

some years ago all the bmxers were riding with brakes for the same reason stunters ride with handbrakes today, make some tricks easier, some tricks possible and overall safety.

till last year some pros that used to kill with brakes started riding brakeless and the style evolution was clear... higher jumps, always on the edge and A LOT more fun!

they sure stoped doing some tech **** that became just irrelevant compared to the riding they achieved brakeless

and the same applies for stunting... it would be awesome to see a pro coming out on a comp without handbrake and nailin a killer run with balanced powpows highchairs, spreaders and ss's!

bring back the adrenaline! the sick crash clips(how long u dont see a sick crash only clip?)! the throttle control! ut ahhh!

**** ralph louis and frog circles no one would like to see em on a run with the tricks mentioned above and some on the edge sitdowns and no hander circles

hell some sick riders at the moment cant even do sitdowns circs consistently

i know this already has been discussed but since stuntlife was taken over by the new wave of people i think its worth talkin about again...

i hope i could prove my point and if i failed ill let mr. scott chychul do it for me:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC1LKZfXx24[/YOUTUBE]

sorry for the long post im drunk

beeeyyaahhh!

Last edited by br denis; 05-29-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:38 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person
Re: will stuntriding follow bmx steps?

i take it he was holding the clutch in and letting the rpms drop and then pop the clutch to bring it back .

that's understandable with bmx bikes, but with ours, they weigh 400 lbs and some tricks you have to have a hb (if not your ******* good)
Old 05-29-2009, 10:42 PM

Guru is a decent person

it would be a step backwards.......

would be fun to watch though
Old 05-30-2009, 03:07 AM

br denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of lightbr denis is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DIRTYJEFF636s
some tricks you have to have a hb (if not your ******* good)
Old 05-30-2009, 03:14 AM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by br denis
Old 05-30-2009, 03:20 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Dayum Denis, you musta been drunk to start a thread like this lol. Scotts gangsta but 2 things - like guru said it'd be taking a step back coz you'd lose a lot of tricks. And if I remember correctly, Scott has a HB now
Old 05-30-2009, 03:23 AM

salaminfred is a decent person

i used to ride bmx. brakeless all day! but still i cheat with my foot in the tire. makes riding alot smoother without thinking about it.

but going down on a bmx cause you werent able to stop wont hurt as much compared to falling off a 400lb bike.

i still like watching the oldschool vids though. all the technical stuff gets boring fast.

just watch a flatland bmx rider with brakes ride compared to one without brakes.
but in the end handbrakes are what made stunging what it is today right.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:30 AM

buckle up is a decent person

haha lmao it took me 10yrs to pt a hb on and i still cant use it cuz i suck

but i will tell you one thing when you use the on/ off switch as ur hb you have to be way quicker... lol
Old 05-30-2009, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Dayum Denis, you musta been drunk to start a thread like this lol. Scotts gangsta but 2 things - like guru said it'd be taking a step back coz you'd lose a lot of tricks. And if I remember correctly, Scott has a HB now
lol i love how ur avi keeps rotating...
Old 05-30-2009, 03:38 AM

oh and i ride bmx to

NO BRAKES
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1 foot peg grab resized.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	225734  
Old 05-30-2009, 03:40 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by buckle up
lol i love how ur avi keeps rotating...
you must be fucked up lmao.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:41 AM
NealFoReal

oh and i ride bmx to

NO BRAKES
The movie RAD was my favorite back in the day There was just a thread about that movie a few weeks back. Ima go rent it one of these days
Old 05-30-2009, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
hc, frog, 50/50, ralph louies, ss circles

i wont miss em

and crowd wont either

yep he has now but that video is way more gangsta than any hc with hb

anywayz its 6am and i gotta sleep to take back the white house beeeyyaaahh

Last edited by br denis; 05-30-2009 at 04:34 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:35 AM
Wheelings my firebladings

CSL-STUNTZ is a decent person

straight line combo's are one of the BEST things to watch imo.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:35 AM

jono mono is a decent person

all the best bmxers in the world run rear brakes, and if your doing front end tricks without front brakes your limited to only basic tricks. hard core big air tricks are hard enough with brakes let alone with out. bmxers that take off there brakes think there gonna get more flow but in reality just end up doing coping tricks or lame beginer tricks like turn downs or x ups. when do you see brakless riders doing front flips,1080's ,double flips,flip whips ect.... like Guru said it would be a step backward!!

heres a old clip of me http://www.vimeo.com/3364796
Old 05-30-2009, 07:12 AM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by guru
it would be a step backwards.......

would be fun to watch though
+1
Old 05-30-2009, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by jono mono
all the best bmxers in the world run rear brakes, and if your doing front end tricks without front brakes your limited to only basic tricks. hard core big air tricks are hard enough with brakes let alone with out. bmxers that take off there brakes think there gonna get more flow but in reality just end up doing coping tricks or lame beginer tricks like turn downs or x ups. when do you see brakless riders doing front flips,1080's ,double flips,flip whips ect.... like Guru said it would be a step backward!!

lol damn beer def couldnt prove my point!

but dude ryan guettler diogo canina just to name a few rides brakeless and does front flips, flairs, double whips and flip whips like its nothing
Old 05-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

there are alot of tricks out there that dont need handbrakes and the rider has to make a decision . "execute this very difficult trick without hurting myself and putting spectators to sleep or just use the throttle"
Old 05-30-2009, 11:38 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jono mono
BMX Murder!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2009, 11:51 PM

monday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nice

oh and i ride bmx to

NO BRAKES
this trick does not even require you to use brakes lol

Quick Reply: will stuntriding follow bmx steps?