Axle sliders?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Freak Style Riderz

Tough Luck is a decent person
Angry Axle sliders?

I was wondering about the powers axel sliders. I bought a set and they are for the rear swing arm not the front axle... I have seen pros with these on the front but can't find anywhere to get the front ones. Does anyone have these on the front wheel of thier bike and how did you make them work?
Old 05-28-2009, 03:54 PM

scandelous81 is a decent person
Re: Axle sliders?

I have the powers metal extended cage sliders, there not made for this but i cut the end off that fits inside the cage, just left a little bit for it to fit centered inside the axle. Then i had a metal shop cut and tap me a piece of round stock to slide inside the axle to be able to tighten it all down. Works great cause they stick out alot more than anything Ive seen, it gives u alot of room to stand on them.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:55 PM

oneofakind23 is a decent person

Seen alot of people use all thread and some bmx pegs. Looked to me like they worked just fine.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

i thought they were worthless on my f4i.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:34 PM

ShaneGSXR21 is a decent person

Originally Posted by oneofakind23
Seen alot of people use all thread and some bmx pegs. Looked to me like they worked just fine.
+1 i did that for awhile then i switched to a set of framesliders i found, works good, u just need pegs or a set of sliders, all thread, and some bolts and washers

u could probably rig a rear set up to the front if you wanted too....
Old 05-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Freak Style Riderz

i have the rear ones just not sure how to rig it for the front cause its solid all the way thru
Old 05-28-2009, 05:59 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

I had the powers axle sliders on my bike a while back and they go through the front and rear axles.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:59 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by FreakStyleRider
i have the rear ones just not sure how to rig it for the front cause its solid all the way thru
you gotta drill a hole through the nut and then you could slide it thru the axle - unless your axle is solid all the way through which i dont think it is or is it
Old 05-28-2009, 06:04 PM
word

oh8cbr600 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ShaneGSXR21
+1 i did that for awhile then i switched to a set of framesliders i found, works good, u just need pegs or a set of sliders, all thread, and some bolts and washers

u could probably rig a rear set up to the front if you wanted too....

word bmx pegs or frame sliders...and an all thread................
ima rig some bmx pegs to my dirtbike
Old 05-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Freak Style Riderz

ill have to drill it out then it is solid nut did you have to bevel the sides so it fit snug?
Old 05-28-2009, 06:13 PM
NealFoReal

nope - just drilled a hole through the nut with a very large drill bit lol.