Circle frustration

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 07:45 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice
Circle frustration

What in the **** am I doing wrong????????????? randomly I can get it around about 2 times, I can dip it in whenever I want but the problem is I am going to slow, and only get half a circle. I try doing them big and I find that I am constantly fighting my balance by putting too much pressure on the right side of the bike and when I do get it to turn I often stall because I am riding the brake too much and sometimes I am riding the brake and I dont know that I am..... when I am stalling out I give it throttle and it does nothing.... my idle is set at 3500. does a full tank of gas hurt you when practicing? I swear I was doing better last weekend with 1/4 tank.

so is there some sort of mental thing I need to overcome to get this? I'm getting ******* pissed!!! sometimes I get a nice circle going and then out of no where I highside.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:46 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Circle frustration

post video

to combat stalling you gotta be smoother on the brake, and/or slip the clutch
Old 05-24-2009, 07:50 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

idle is probably too high, for starters.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:00 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

I ride the brake to a comfortable speed, I feel that I am moving too fast..... 3500 is too high? I have a 16/62 sprocket. I normally run 3200 but I dont feel much pull, it seems when I get to idle, a tiny tap on the brake wants to bring the front down and then I end up gas/brake/gas/brake/gas/brake.... all the way across the lot. Alot of it is mental, when I feel the bike lean left, I push on the right peg........... I try not to. I notice this more when I try to be smooth and do a nice clean circle in like a 30' radius........ I seem to have no problem getting a nice circle or 2 out when I am headed for a curb and its either turn the bike and commit or set it down and ride away. I even try to use that to my advantage, we have a light pole that I try to circle around, sometimes I can get it, other times I fail.... if someone is out there getting some gay footage, I head right for them and try to circle around them, or follow them as they move. Last summer I was doing it pretty well.

Last edited by YSRRider; 05-24-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:12 PM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

did you try a couple of times then come on stuntlife to complain?

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443...e-wheelie.html
Old 05-24-2009, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kevmo7
did you try a couple of times then come on stuntlife to complain?

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443...e-wheelie.html

http://unix.rulez.org/~calver/funny/swf/Interorgasm.swf

Last edited by YSRRider; 05-24-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:35 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

where you place your body for everything makes all the difference I am constantly moving around the bike soo iono
Old 05-24-2009, 08:37 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you know what your doing wrong. Post some vid buddy!
Old 05-24-2009, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by *trix*
where you place your body for everything makes all the difference I am constantly moving around the bike soo iono
I am too.... I was reading the circle thread AGAIN... and I am going to try feathering the clutch some, but I think thats going to end up in a bunch of mouse traps and bar parks. The best feeling for me is to force the bike to the side, kind of like when you do a table top on a dirt bike..... just throw it to the side and you are up on top of it. much of today, I felt like I was hanging my body back off the bike... that was probably wrong.

Originally Posted by Bubash
Sounds like you know what your doing wrong. Post some vid buddy!

the homo with the camera doesnt have a cord to post video..... we're working on this problem... hope to have a camera out there soon that is worth a ****!
Old 05-24-2009, 09:39 PM

Reckless Josh is an unknown quantity at this point

dude i so feel your frustration with circles im right there at that point to. wheather it be sit downs or stagerd. i know pratice makes perfect but damn its hard from one day you are doing real good to next not being able to even get half the way around. i guess just keep at it regardless how frustrating it gets and one day it will just click...
Old 05-24-2009, 09:40 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JesseJacobs can only hope to improve

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...stance-45.html

Read second post!!!!!!!!!!!

-Jesse
Old 05-24-2009, 09:40 PM
†★ King of brake lines ★†

Juca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant futureJuca has a brilliant future

:awwww
Old 05-24-2009, 09:41 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JesseJacobs can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Reckless Josh
one day it will just click...
I never believed anyone when they said that ****, but it is SOOOO True!! I had a dope session today and got 2-2.5 on lock.....

The **** just clicked!!

-Jesse
Old 05-24-2009, 10:53 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

lol.......u must b still squid.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:02 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

lmao.....you ve been callin people squid alot lately but now its offical that you are squid in our books.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:11 PM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea i think your idle is wayyy high...Im working on circles too can get half to 3/4 consistently but stall too. Im running 15/46 i think. its -1 +1 on a f4. Anyway i run idle at 3k and find that it pulls pretty good...just gotta get smoother on that break i guess
Old 05-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Also adjust your break lever down. I had that problem on my 636 cause i didn't know and it was on teh brake when I didn't want to be.. Also.... Gas gas.. I was hard headed and thought i'd just learn on idle no gas.. gas is the key!!! What circle by the way? Staggard..
Old 05-24-2009, 11:19 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by B0arder606
Yea i think your idle is wayyy high...Im working on circles too can get half to 3/4 consistently but stall too. Im running 15/46 i think. its -1 +1 on a f4. Anyway i run idle at 3k and find that it pulls pretty good...just gotta get smoother on that break i guess
idk imo his idle isn't too bad, especially with the higher gearing he has

I run 3.2k-3.5k for everything, I like 3.2 more for SS's, but I love 3.5k for foot on brake

I'm no pro, but that's what works for me

btw my video of me learning circles, basically the best clips of my progression throughout the day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmw-0...e=channel_page

I think the only reason I never high sided a circle, and I learned them in 1 parking space is because I learned on my 150f.. It weighs a lot like a sport bike (around 230lbs) but it has the throttle control of a 50 And because I can circle a bike like the 150f, I already knew what throwing the bike over and committing to a circle was like..

First time you lean a bike over, it's scary as ****. But once you get comfortable with it, you'll start leaning it over more and more like an everyday thing

Last edited by Towlieee; 05-24-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:24 PM

also, IMO, don't worry about circling AROUND something just yet

I still have problems dipping into my circle whenever I want, I'm better off going in a straight line on good pavement, and dipping in whenever I'm at the perfect speed and on the brake smooth.

I still need a lot of work though, if I don't ride DAILY, I'll get to where I average 2-5 circles... But when I ride daily, I can easily regularly bust out 10+
Old 05-24-2009, 11:25 PM
STUNT SYNDICATE

ogsuperman is an unknown quantity at this point

running higher idle means more brake use which pulls you out in circles.

also keep it as tall as you can when you start them and gas it a sec before ya think you need to,lol

everytime i tried them i would get half way around then one day i went at it and started gassing early and it kept it tall and carried it around for me.

the it just clicks comment is sooooo true.

just keep doing them and stay flexible and move with the bike,you'll figure them out

Quick Reply: Circle frustration