Circle frustration

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 11:39 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JesseJacobs can only hope to improve
Re: Circle frustration

Originally Posted by ogsuperman
running higher idle means more brake use which pulls you out in circles.

also keep it as tall as you can when you start them and gas it a sec before ya think you need to,lol

everytime i tried them i would get half way around then one day i went at it and started gassing early and it kept it tall and carried it around for me.

the it just clicks comment is sooooo true.

just keep doing them and stay flexible and move with the bike,you'll figure them out
Well said about the gas... I was doing that today and the **** worked like a charm.. I was gassing it even if I didn't think I needed to and if I gave it to much, just tap brake.... I think its better to gas it, then brake or try to ride idle..... This is only advice from what I am learning with... In no way am I trying to say I know what Im talkin about...

And P.S. I rock 60 tooth and my idle is at 3500... I like it, has just enough pull to keep the circle going without gas if you want, and you don't have to really ride the brake....

-Jesse
Old 05-24-2009, 11:39 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

the homo with the camera doesnt have a cord to post video..... we're working on this problem... hope to have a camera out there soon that is worth a ****![/quote]

Eat a dick i dont see your camera out int the lot so dont hate
Old 05-24-2009, 11:41 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Towlieee
post video

to combat stalling you gotta be smoother on the brake, and/or slip the clutch
do you have to slip the clutch?? cause i cant work the clutch and break to save my life then again i only use my HB cause im always on the seat.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:43 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
do you have to slip the clutch?? cause i cant work the clutch and break to save my life then again i only use my HB cause im always on the seat.
you don't have to as long as you are SUPER smooth

but personally, I LEARNED hand brake with the clutch.. I NEVER just covered my hand brake, tried it a COUPLE times, but felt retarded and felt like I should learn to cover both..

I learned staggards first, so it was easy to cover the clutch (although still took me a while to quit stalling circles out and grab the clutch)
I don't ever personally slip my clutch in circles, just when I'm about to either highside, or stall out, I grab the clutch to keep the bike running and set my front down without wrecking
Old 05-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Don;t HAVE to work the clutch as long as you have enough speed.

You only need the clutch if you slow things down so much with the brake that you have to slip to come out of a stall or to keep from getting in one.

Man try your best to stay off the brake almost completely and things will fall into place. There is a sweet spot where you don't really need the brake
Old 05-24-2009, 11:46 PM
Thread Killer!!!

+ 1 to Towilee

Try to make a habit of covering that clutch ALL THE TIME. It will save you *** one day
Old 05-24-2009, 11:46 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

also, IMO, don't worry about circling AROUND something just yet

I still have problems dipping into my circle whenever I want, I'm better off going in a straight line on good pavement, and dipping in whenever I'm at the perfect speed and on the brake smooth.

I still need a lot of work though, if I don't ride DAILY, I'll get to where I average 2-5 circles... But when I ride daily, I can easily regularly bust out 10+
The lot we ride in is sloped the bike drops down hill real nice but when you get half way around the bike wants to straiten out and high side. YSR turns his bike in on a dime and whips it in a tight O and i try to go for the bigger wider Os . which way should we be learning first??
Old 05-24-2009, 11:49 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

you don't have to as long as you are SUPER smooth

but personally, I LEARNED hand brake with the clutch.. I NEVER just covered my hand brake, tried it a COUPLE times, but felt retarded and felt like I should learn to cover both..

I learned staggards first, so it was easy to cover the clutch (although still took me a while to quit stalling circles out and grab the clutch)
I don't ever personally slip my clutch in circles, just when I'm about to either highside, or stall out, I grab the clutch to keep the bike running and set my front down without wrecking
I tried to use both once and it put me in a wreck it was clutch break gas and let off the gas and whahalla i was on my *** that **** is confusing as hell plus i run my HB on top
Old 05-24-2009, 11:50 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

The lot we ride in is sloped the bike drops down hill real nice but when you get half way around the bike wants to straiten out and high side. YSR turns his bike in on a dime and whips it in a tight O and i try to go for the bigger wider Os . which way should we be learning first??
it's hard to say, everyone learns different

If you haven't circled anything, or at least anything bigger then a 50, then its HARD to commit to a tight circle IMO..

Then agian, for me personally, doing a wide O is WAY harder, since I learned them in 1 parking space width on my 150 and f4i..

I can't control 2 parking space wide O's, and I have a hard time at doing 40 foot wide O's lol... But I can turn like 4 foot wide O's no problem
btw heres a video of my good circles, this is how I learned, and this is how I'm most consistent still
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axshX...e=channel_page

I personally ride idle for most of my circle, only bliping the throttle when I accidentally use too much brake and drop the front end..
But I DEFINITELY struggle when my idle is too high, when its around 3.6k+ I am way more choppy, 3.2k is good for me... Anything around 2.5-3k I feel like I'm using more throttle and chopping the throttle more...

Last edited by Towlieee; 05-24-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:52 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

Originally Posted by THORPE
Don;t HAVE to work the clutch as long as you have enough speed.

You only need the clutch if you slow things down so much with the brake that you have to slip to come out of a stall or to keep from getting in one.

Man try your best to stay off the brake almost completely and things will fall into place. There is a sweet spot where you don't really need the brake
Ya i am really good with the hand break smooth and fast to use it when needed. but i think the lot itself is what is ******* me cause im not doing the whip around Os in a 3ft radius. im just trying to get it within 10ft and go around real smooth and it is getting ******* agervaiting
Old 05-24-2009, 11:55 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

If you haven't circled anything, or at least anything bigger then a 50, then its HARD to commit to a tight circle IMO..

Then agian, for me personally, doing a wide O is WAY harder, since I learned them in 1 parking space width on my 150 and f4i..

I can't control 2 parking space wide O's, and I have a hard time at doing 40 foot wide O's lol... But I can turn like 4 foot wide O's no problem
btw heres a video of my good circles, this is how I learned, and this is how I'm most consistent still

I personally ride idle for most of my circle, only bliping the throttle when I accidentally use too much brake and drop the front end..
But I DEFINITELY struggle when my idle is too high, when its around 3.6k+ I am way more choppy, 3.2k is good for me... Anything around 2.5-3k I feel like I'm using more throttle and chopping the throttle more...
See that is what YSR is doing 4ft Os but after he gets around once it ether falls and or gets tighter and high sides. if i had a Yfire connection or what ever it is called i could upload the vid so you could see what im talkin about.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:56 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i run my HB on top
you been talking to guru ?..lol
Old 05-24-2009, 11:57 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

good VID by the way that **** looked good and tight i really think the lot is what is killin us.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:58 PM
UDOWN?

I <3 wheelies is a decent person

first off if your riding an f4i your idle not to high..i got an r6 which idle is way stronger then a f4i and i run mine at 3500 constant...
and how are you turning the bike in? with the brake ,your weight or the clutch?...
try to run your idle high almost to the point where your fighting it with your hand brake but not really , then when you learn to go slow without any throttle at all,that way throttle is only used for corrections., use you clutch and weight to dip in, its just a matter of using all 3 in harmony , kinda hard to put into words does that make any sense to you?

Last edited by I <3 wheelies; 05-25-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:59 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

Originally Posted by old man roger
you been talking to guru ?..lol
I was so happy when i seen he had his HB on top for a while there i thought i was a retard or something but when i seen gurus set up like mine i was all like
Old 05-25-2009, 12:03 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

I was so happy when i seen he had his HB on top for a while there i thought i was a retard or something but when i seen gurus set up like mine i was all like
i personally think the only thing it's good for is off peg coasters but other than that it's worse to have it on top
Old 05-25-2009, 12:03 AM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

Originally Posted by I <3 wheelies
first off if your riding an f4i your idle not to high..i got an r6 which idle is way stronger then a f4i and i run mine at 3500 constant...
and how are you turning the bike in? with the brake ,your weight or the clutch?...
try to run your idle high almost to the point where your fighting it with your hand brake but not really, then when you learn to go sow without any throttle at all, use you clutch and weight to dip in, its just a matter of using all 3 in harmony , kinda hard to put into words does that make any sense to you?
i used to break ***** it to death like the other guys that i ride with do. but now i try to go in a bit faster like 7 or 8 mph and through my weight around. The bike turns in just fine but i cant keep it in it keeps straitening back out. i dont dip the bike much i just give it a little angle and try to cost around and work the gas and break as smooth as i can.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:07 AM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

Originally Posted by old man roger
i personally think the only thing it's good for is off peg coasters but other than that it's worse to have it on top
i tried it flipped and all was good but i was cruising across the lot and went to huck it back and grabbed clutch and the bike went for a ride. and this happend twice in a row. every time i try a new trick i concentrate on what my body is gona do and i end up grabbing the clutch and yard saling my **** tha is why i like the break on top cause when i panic i grab break and it saves me
Old 05-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Thread Killer!!!

Ya i am really good with the hand break smooth and fast to use it when needed. but i think the lot itself is what is ******* me cause im not doing the whip around Os in a 3ft radius. im just trying to get it within 10ft and go around real smooth and it is getting ******* agervaiting
The 10 ft wide circles real smooth are holding you back. I use to do the same thing only to the right. They never really let you bike dip in far enough and circle to me is more like a bunch of pulses (dip-gas) until you get so smooth the pulses go away.

These were my first real circles to the left. This is a crappy cell phone vid but if you turn the volume up real high you can hear that I'm constantly hittin the gas and not once the brake. They only happened after I got so frustrated that I said **** IT and decided to let it fall in as far as I could till I had to gas the **** out of it to keep it up.

Stagard:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P4pbEUN_pJ0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P4pbEUN_pJ0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]<<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r_2blB7NpLw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r_2blB7NpLw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by THORPE; 05-25-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:08 AM
UDOWN?

I <3 wheelies is a decent person

i ran mine like that for awhile and got alot of **** for it from mana and the rest of the guys,, so the next time i was in therapy( broke both wrist doing backflips on my 50) i asked my doc...who speciality is the muscle's in your hands....he said because of placement of bones and muscles your middle finger has the most clamping force to apply pressure like we do to the hb.....when you run you hb on top dont you use your middle finger for the clutch then..cuz that what i did and from that day on i switched them around hb on bottom...now im used to it and its way more comfy

Quick Reply: Circle frustration