Thorpe Bar....adapter review...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 04:09 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about
Thorpe Bar....adapter review...

Yes.....the time has come to give you guys a review on these "Thorpe Bars" everyone has been hearing about, but haven't gotten to see much of!

I contacted Thorpe a couple months ago after reading about his bar idea he posted up in his thread. I asked him if there was any way he could help me figure out a way to have my bars turned out, with some upward angle.........WITHOUT having to cut down my upper. Him and I collaberated ideas and came up with a solution.

Thorpe makes these adapter pieces that slide right into your existing clip-on clamp. These pieces can be used in conjuction with each other to give you ALMOST limitless adjustability. I ordered 2 pairs of these adapters from Thorpe, and was able to accomplish my goal of turned out bars, with some upward angle.......WITHOUT having to cut down my upper!

So.......here are several pics of my setup, from a few different angles. As you can see.....I had to put my clamps under the triple, to get the correct placement. There are SO many directions you can go with this setup, it's almost rediculous...

........for instance......you guys that run SF.....you can buy one pair of these adapters, slide 'em in your clamps, slide you bar into that.....and.....whalla......ANY degree bar angle you could desire!

So....my overall opinion about this product is a SOLID thumbs up! Thorpe's adapters are high quality pieces of work that will definetly take some abuse. You DO have to tighten them down quite snug to keep them from rotating, but the cool part is.....they will rotate before the adapters tweak or bend. Adjustability is almost limitless....especially if you contact Thorpe and tell him your application. Hes got some great ideas!! Hit him up!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Thorpe.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	225328   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thorpe 1.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	225329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thorpe 2.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	225330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thorpe 3.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	225331   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thorpe 4.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	225332  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thorpe 5.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	225333   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thorpe 6.jpg
Views:	2670
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	225334   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thorpe 7.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	225335  
Old 05-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough
Re: Thorpe Bar....adapter review...

Oh wow so those actually use your preexisting clamps..Nice.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:25 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

lookin pretty sanoim pretty set on flipped/switched stock clip ons and a cut down upper but those may be a good fit for my street piece
Old 05-21-2009, 04:26 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
Oh wow so those actually use your preexisting clamps..Nice.
Yeah......I'm tellin ya....Thorpes got some killer ideas!
Old 05-21-2009, 04:28 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Frankie you are the man!! its nice to see the finished product and in working order. this set up is sweet i told you you would do good things with these. now all you got to do is get good oll Atown a set with clamps so i can sell these swatt bars
Old 05-21-2009, 04:28 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Pretty nifty
Old 05-21-2009, 04:33 PM
ATOWNCUSTOMS

ATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud ofATOWN1101 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nags
Pretty nifty
Holly **** nags were you been haven't seen you posting in a while have you joined the stuntride movement
Old 05-21-2009, 04:59 PM
MERK STEP UGHHHHHH

*trix* is infamous around these parts*trix* is infamous around these parts

fuego
Old 05-21-2009, 05:00 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

nice, look crazy too.....
Old 05-21-2009, 05:04 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Ohh My!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:04 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

cant wait to get my setup. how do you adjust the rise
Old 05-21-2009, 05:05 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

and hows your fluid in the res blue
Old 05-21-2009, 05:36 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
and hows your fluid in the res blue
its just blue tubing
Old 05-21-2009, 05:56 PM

Cincykillz is a decent person

sick i want a set bad
Old 05-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Glad you like the setup!! Looks like I need to swap to stainless bolts tho cause that rust looks horrible on your blinged out bike

I'm posting this from my wife's iPod so bear with me I suck at this thing!

As far as rise you get it from raising the peice that the bar is in. Righteous didn't want extra rise but standard will be up to 2" of rise unless you want more.

Neal and cinch check them out real good and make sure that they look like somethin that will work. Y'all are next in line!

Y'all just wait, the clipon is the real deal and will offer more options, durability & adjustment than you'll ever need!

I will start a thread tommorow that will serve as this first come first serve list for the parts righteous has.

Thanks for everyones interest
Old 05-21-2009, 07:59 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by ATOWN1101
Holly **** nags were you been haven't seen you posting in a while have you joined the stuntride movement
I definitely spend more time at Stuntride.. But on top of that, I just haven't been on the computer much lately
Old 05-21-2009, 09:04 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by havok
its just blue tubing
Old 05-21-2009, 09:05 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by THORPE
Glad you like the setup!! Looks like I need to swap to stainless bolts tho cause that rust looks horrible on your blinged out bike

As far as rise you get it from raising the peice that the bar is in. Righteous didn't want extra rise but standard will be up to 2" of rise unless you want more.

Neal and cinch check them out real good and make sure that they look like somethin that will work. Y'all are next in line!

Y'all just wait, the clipon is the real deal and will offer more options, durability & adjustment than you'll ever need!

I will start a thread tommorow that will serve as this first come first serve list for the parts righteous has.

Im in there fo sho homie
Old 05-21-2009, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by THORPE

YES! Stainless bolts!!

Thanks for the wicked setup, my man!
Old 05-21-2009, 09:32 PM

Cincykillz is a decent person

sweet i cant wait

Quick Reply: Thorpe Bar....adapter review...