r6 BP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 10:19 PM

jake07 is a decent person
r6 BP!

First ride today at the lot with the r6. finally Got bp down and cruisin bout 30mph wit ease. Now just to slow em down . But that's for this weekend.

i was so used to my old f4i with no plastics.

this is my question. Is the r6 bp a lot different than the f4i? Or does it just have to do with having all the plastics. I'm doin some staggereds on the r6 and if i lean up and pull myself close to the bike i can almost look down the intake tubes. It's pretty cool :D

I'm just curious if a full faired bike makes that much of a mental difference or if bp is that different from bike to bike.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:22 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: r6 BP!

i hear this crap all the time with where bp is on each bike. ive owned every bike under the sun and i dont feel that big of a difference. if you can wheelie one bike you can wheelie any bike.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:32 PM

i agree with you on that. had the f4i down. now the r6 is cheese. just curious. It's my first full faired stunt bike.

I always hear "oh man this so and so bike has a awesome bp" or something like that.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:35 PM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

going from a crf50 with a low bp to a 600RR with a high bp was crazy

my 450 is kinda in the middle
Old 05-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

if you have to ask this **** you should go back to street fighter before you break stuff
Old 05-19-2009, 10:38 PM

DC-stunts is a decent person

Its not so much the plastics. The R6 has a high BP It is right at the 12 point. But for some stuff it will work to your advantage. Check my pics out and you will see i know what Im talking about. Me and bill D have been riding the 05 R6 For the same amount of years and we love this bike. So hang in there you will love it and if you need stunt parts Go check out www.c4-revolutions.com they make the best R6 stunt parts out there.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:39 PM

man, just answer the question.

it actually doesn't matter. I have the r6 down now. like what was said before, you wheelie one you can do another. It just seemed different. It wasn't any harder to wheelie............................
Old 05-19-2009, 10:42 PM

Keep the FF it looks sick and you will get used to it.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by DC-stunts
Its not so much the plastics. The R6 has a high BP It is right at the 12 point. But for some stuff it will work to your advantage. Check my pics out and you will see i know what Im talking about. Me and bill D have been riding the 05 R6 For the same amount of years and we love this bike. So hang in there you will love it and if you need stunt parts Go check out www.c4-revolutions.com they make the best R6 stunt parts out there.
thanks for the reply. Yea my bud kept sayin that the front end was really "up there" and i was thinking i was a little behind it coasting but i did a few more standups and the r6 sits tight right around 12 like you said. I think besides a cage i need to get some dirtbike bars or clip ons to straighten the bars out. It gets really tough to control the throttle after a few wheelies.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by DC-stunts
Keep the FF it looks sick and you will get used to it.
will do! I might even keep the mirrors just for kicks.

i checked out the pics. lookin good man. question tho, does that rear peg/subfram brace make the worlds difference on strength? Heard the r6 subs suck.

Last edited by jake07; 05-19-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:49 PM

GymRRr6 is a decent person

I think my old R6 BP is higher than my 600RR. I know they are both higher than an F4easy. My Jardine pipe on the R6 would almost scrape at bp. R6=FF, 600RR=SF, F4i=SF. Donno if this is an answer but it's my feelings on the bp.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by GymRRr6
I think my old R6 BP is higher than my 600RR. I know they are both higher than an F4easy. My Jardine pipe on the R6 would almost scrape at bp. R6=FF, 600RR=SF, F4i=SF. Donno if this is an answer but it's my feelings on the bp.
lol i hear ya, i looked over at nick right when I brought it up and his eyes got freakin huge. he prolly thought my minty (for now) tail was gonna say goodbye
Old 05-19-2009, 10:55 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by jake07
lol i hear ya, i looked over at nick right when i brought it up and his eyes got freakin huge. He prolly thought my minty (for now) tail was gonna say goodbye
Old 05-19-2009, 11:00 PM

kirny is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i hear this crap all the time with where bp is on each bike. ive owned every bike under the sun and i dont feel that big of a difference. if you can wheelie one bike you can wheelie any bike.
you let me down usually your post just tear mother F****ers down and it cracks me up
Old 05-19-2009, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by jake07
will do! I might even keep the mirrors just for kicks.

i checked out the pics. lookin good man. question tho, does that rear peg/subfram brace make the worlds difference on strength? Heard the r6 subs suck.
If you look at my pics close and check the web site i gave you you will see a R6 subframe 12 bar stunt stay and parts like that It is a must have for the R6. And get a set of Vortex clip ons and turn them out its the best on the R6. Feel free to PM me with any questions Between Me and bill we know it all and have done it all. Got to go good luck with the bike.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by kirny
you let me down usually your post just tear mother F****ers down and it cracks me up

yay i got away this time
Old 05-19-2009, 11:33 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

Once you get use to it the BP actually feels more forgiving than other bikes (I've had them all)

Any clipon flipped feels great on them. I would go with stock 636 clipons flipped (stock r6 will break!!!) if you have the inverted forks unless you wreck enough that you need clipons with replaceable bars.

The R6 doesn't get the respect it deserves as a stunt bike.

Oh BTW I LOVE that paint DC - stunts
Old 05-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kirny
i think he may be sick. hes been nice in a few posts tonight lol
Old 05-20-2009, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by THORPE
Once you get use to it the BP actually feels more forgiving than other bikes (I've had them all)

Any clipon flipped feels great on them. I would go with stock 636 clipons flipped (stock r6 will break!!!) if you have the inverted forks unless you wreck enough that you need clipons with replaceable bars.

The R6 doesn't get the respect it deserves as a stunt bike.

Oh BTW I LOVE that paint DC - stunts
THanks for the Paint love Moto GP all the way. The 636 clip ons Do they work I dont thank they will fit because the r6 top tree in down where they will hit if you turn them out. I dont know I like the vortex they fit on my bike perfect but thats just what I like. I get more pics up soon thanks.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:04 AM
ATOWNCUSTOMS.COM

squidlyr6 is a decent person

r6 is higher than normal f4easy we have proved it in a-towns garage but i <3 r6 lol(still trading for 636 tho)