Cycle Pirates Stunt Throttle, Anyone Used One

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 10:13 PM
FECAL FANATIC

thumpmonkey is a decent person
Cycle Pirates Stunt Throttle, Anyone Used One

I have an 03 600rr. Anyone ever used one of these stunt throttles? Im tired of it being so difficult to control the throttle doing first gear slow speed wheelies. Or does anyone else have some advise to make throttle chop on this thing less obnoxious?
Old 05-14-2009, 10:23 PM

Cincykillz is a decent person
Re: Cycle Pirates Stunt Throttle, Anyone Used One

never heard of one
Old 05-14-2009, 10:44 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by thumpmonkey
I have an 03 600rr. Anyone ever used one of these stunt throttles? Im tired of it being so difficult to control the throttle doing first gear slow speed wheelies. Or does anyone else have some advise to make throttle chop on this thing less obnoxious?
I put a 1000rr throttle on my f4i and I noticed as soon as I put it on the bike became twitchier than it was with the f4i throttle. So Im assuming if you put an F4i throttle on the 600rr that it would be less twitchy.

Last edited by OnEWhEeLNEAL; 05-14-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:46 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
I put a 600rr throttle on my f4i and I noticed as soon as I put it on the bike became twitchier than it was with the f4i throttle. So Im assuming if you put an F4i throttle on the 600rr that it would be less twitchy.
Noticed the same with the 1000rr throttle on my F4i
Old 05-14-2009, 11:07 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by nags
Noticed the same with the 1000rr throttle on my F4i
thats what i meant - the 1000rr the same setup that you got. I actually put it on when I saw the thread you posted about it At first I hated it coz I had to get used to the throttle again but after an hour or so rippin with it I liked the **** a lot more than the f4i It makes sense to me that if he puts the f4i on the 600rr he'd get a less twitchy throttle.

I would just leave it though and work on yo throttle control
Old 05-14-2009, 11:08 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
thats what i meant - the 1000rr the same setup that you got. I actually put it on when I saw the thread you posted about it At first I hated it coz I had to get used to the throttle again but after an hour or so rippin with it I liked the **** a lot more than the f4i

Yep.. It's so much better than the stock F4i deal
Old 05-14-2009, 11:09 PM
NealFoReal

Word up
Old 05-15-2009, 11:23 PM

i dont like twitchyness i have 1000rr cables
Old 05-15-2009, 11:45 PM

Snotrocket is a decent person

the theory on the cycle pirates stunt throttle kits is the size of the throttle pull,

It comes with two: 28mm and 32mm, I dont know what stock is, but the race kits are 40mm.

The idea is that it requires a larger input on the throttle to establish the same pull on the cable. The race kits cause a shorter throw throttle twist for the same input.

Has anyone tried this kit??
Old 05-16-2009, 12:18 AM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Snotrocket
the theory on the cycle pirates stunt throttle kits is the size of the throttle pull,

It comes with two: 28mm and 32mm, I dont know what stock is, but the race kits are 40mm.

The idea is that it requires a larger input on the throttle to establish the same pull on the cable. The race kits cause a shorter throw throttle twist for the same input.

Has anyone tried this kit??
ive never tried one but hear that they do reduce the twitchyness by dealinerizing the throttle pull thus making it smoother....not sure which size would work the best for stunting but i dont care anymore cause i shitcanned the twitchy gixxer and got a 636you can get those kits from cycle pirates out of the parts unlimited catolog tho,i do know that,,,,they are like $300 tho
Old 05-16-2009, 12:48 AM

thats a pretty sweet idea but not for that price
Old 05-16-2009, 12:53 AM

179.95:banghea d **** that
Old 05-16-2009, 12:54 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

check and see if an f4i throttle tube and cables will fit your bike. I know some guy on here swapped out his stock r6 tube for an f4i one and made the throttle less twitchy because of the difference in size of tubes.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:41 AM

cjones_636 is a decent person

dealinerizing the throttle ??

explain?
Old 05-16-2009, 10:34 AM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

I would just practice more, theres no "trick" I got a 600rr after my f4i and noticed the same twichy throttle, after a couple rides I got used to it and now I like the touchy input. Its almost like ridin with a tire full of air, it sucks at first but once you get used to it you realize the benefits.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:10 AM

JFULLGSXR750 is a decent person

speaking of throttles.....Anyone know if the 1000rr throttle cables are a bit longer than 954 cables???

I'm looking for some that are a little longer than 954, but i cant seem to find the lengths listed anywhere
Old 05-16-2009, 11:25 AM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

its definitely a good training tool to ride twitchy bikes, but you dont want a twitchy stunt bike, if i still had a 600rr, id definitely invest in something like this.
that said, after going back to a 636 my throttle control is better than i ever imagined it would be, i can finally wheelie without the rear brake
Old 05-16-2009, 12:13 PM

SmokechecK is a decent person

The Cycle Pirates Stunt throttle is sick. Very smooth, very clean setup. I also run the 03 600RR. It allows you to wire in a killswitch, and mount it out of the way.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:32 PM

cjones_636 is a decent person

Originally Posted by SmokechecK
The Cycle Pirates Stunt throttle is sick. Very smooth, very clean setup. I also run the 03 600RR. It allows you to wire in a killswitch, and mount it out of the way.

What size are you running?

How was install?
Old 05-16-2009, 12:45 PM
mega squid

ZxHunteR is a decent person

You can get the same effect by using thick gauntlet style gloves. It takes so much less throttle input to wheelie the 636 without gloves its ridiculous. And Ive noticed a lot of you guys use the MX style gloves, and if you are one of them definitely try the thick gauntlet style gloves.

Quick Reply: Cycle Pirates Stunt Throttle, Anyone Used One