Weighing options

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 12:16 PM

EvanfromNW is a decent person
Weighing options

havent ridden in about a year looking to pick up another bike when i get back in 3 months to san diego. was weighing my options on building another stunter with a salvage or just buying someone's used bike. i have never done the build it yourself way and was wondering if anyone had tips to building or how difficult the process was? luckily i am now in san diego so parts are much more available compared to **** *** seattle! anywho all feedback would be great
Old 05-13-2009, 12:26 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice
Re: Weighing options

personally I'd rather have a bike with a clean title so that it can be ridden on the street, it holds its value more, and its easier to sell if you need quick cash. I've been watching bikes for months and for the most part, these scumbags want the same price for a crashed bike with no title as a beat up bike with a title. I saw a ZX6RR on craigslist, salvage title, zero bodywork and a nice fat dent in the frame for $2500...... WOULD PAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I paid $2700 for my F4i end of 2006, clean title, just had cosmetic damage. I feel I paid a good price for it.

I'm not sure what you mean about building a bike....? Buy the stunt parts and bolt them on... simple as that.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Honda > Yamaha

WheelzUp is a decent person

buy and build a salvage dude if you buy a stunter that is in decent shape, most times you can say that dude was good....which is a good thing in one aspect. the bike won't be beat to hell, however, the engine prolly will be lol....if the dude is good that means the bike was straight up and down forever most likey. then again the salvaged bike has been down and you won't know what problems your going to run into, and stunt parts are expensive new. I guess either way you go your going to have to worry about something....buy a squids bike if you can they sometimes set them up well and just get out of it before they learn anything or tear anything up
Old 05-13-2009, 12:45 PM

YSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really niceYSRRider is just really nice

I dont like the idea of a previously stunted bike unless it came from someone you know. besides the fact it was beat on, you dont know who was wrenching on it. I'd rather have a bone stock bike that was wrecked, chances are it hadnt had any mechanical issues till it was crashed.