Metallic noise at 7Krmp 04 600RR

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 07:09 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Metallic noise at 7Krmp 04 600RR

cct's make a rattle sound at a certain rpm usually around 5 or 6 thousand rpms when they are bad and another way to check is have the bike in neutral hold it around 7 thousand rpm and when you let go of the throttle it will rattle as the idle goes down , usually sounds like bb's in a can
Old 05-17-2009, 07:12 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

you can also put a long screw driver on the cct and then put your ear on the handle of the screw driver, it will act like a stethiscope ..

rev the bike and listen then move the screw driver to another part of the motor and if the noise is loudest while on the cct it's probably that..
Old 05-17-2009, 07:22 PM
STILL ON PROBATION!

WolfmanJack is a decent person

Appreciate the advice OMR, i will give that a try. I have used the same procedure to find cracks in crappy plastic Mustang intake manifolds.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:24 PM
also known as OMR

i used the screw driver trick for ever but i eventually got a stethoscope with a few different ends some solid some hollow , the hollow end is great for finding exhaust and vacuum leaks ..
Old 05-17-2009, 07:25 PM
STILL ON PROBATION!

Where exactly is the best place to start on the bike?
Old 05-17-2009, 07:29 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by WolfmanJack
Where exactly is the best place to start on the bike?
doesnt matter really ..any where , the louder the noise gets the closer you are getting to whats making the noise ..
Old 05-17-2009, 07:33 PM
STILL ON PROBATION!

Good point! Thanks again. . .
Old 05-17-2009, 07:40 PM

Longfellow is a decent person

This happened to me. I heard a high frequency rattle around that same RPM range. I couldn't figure out what it was for like 2 weeks. It was the key ring on the end of my key laying on the tree. Put some tape on your key ring and see if that helps.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:07 PM
STILL ON PROBATION!

Way ahead of you bro, that was the first thing that I checked,