how to use hb and clutch at the same time

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 05:50 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point
how to use hb and clutch at the same time

and how long did it take to get a hang of it
any advise on this,cause i tried and ended up on my ***...
and for some strange reason i see doing this ******* up the bike more when learning,this gangster method,
Old 05-12-2009, 06:03 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: how to use hb and clutch at the same time

Rubberband your finger to each lever
Thats how I learned to always cover the clutch riding MX years ago
Old 05-12-2009, 06:05 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

I just started in on this, myself. I'm just starting to be able to slip the clutch a lil when I start to near the stall point in my O's.

Subscribed...
Old 05-12-2009, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
Rubberband your finger to each lever
Thats how I learned to always cover the clutch riding MX years ago
what???
no ******* way...
Old 05-12-2009, 06:10 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

I'm confused...LOL.

Hey Havok.......are you just now starting to cover the HB and clutch at the same time, or are you just now starting to slip clutch while using/covering the HB?
Old 05-12-2009, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
I'm confused...LOL.

Hey Havok.......are you just now starting to cover the HB and clutch at the same time, or are you just now starting to slip clutch while using/covering the HB?
ohmy bad,,right now im only using my index on the hb,,i tired doing the index on the clutch middle on the hb...
how the **** do you guys hold on like that and remember not to squeeze one and not the other in an event of high side,etc
Old 05-12-2009, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by havok
ohmy bad,,right now im only using my index on the hb,,i tired doing the index on the clutch middle on the hb...
how the **** do you guys hold on like that and remember not to squeeze one and not the other in an event of high side,etc
Oh....OK.

Sorry, bro........thought you were allready part of the two finger gang!

Honestly......I was scared shitless to do two finger at first. I didn't even think I had the coordination to learn it to tell ya the truth!

It was pounded into my head that I needed to do it.....so......I just kept trying. Eventually(2-3 weeks) you'll start to feel confident w/ it. Spreaders will take a while before you have the strength/confidence to go two finger. Your pinkie and ring finger WILL get stronger!

My question for you is this......How the hell do you keep that bike so minty looking WITHOUT covering your clutch!?!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:27 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

i'd say prolly more then 75% of people who can actually ride dont 2 finger i look all the time i see more people that dont!!!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:27 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Practice practice and practice. I learned it in 2 nights now I cover both all the time. Try just doing straight line ss and stalling or just slipping the cluth that way. Ride every where covering both and you will get use to holding both.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Suicidl
Practice practice and practice. I learned it in 2 nights now I cover both all the time. Try just doing straight line ss and stalling or just slipping the cluth that way. Ride every where covering both and you will get use to holding both.
+1 on just riding around while covering both. I find myself just cruising town covering both cause I'm so used to it, now!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:34 PM

skidmark is a decent person

do SS coasters.. that's what helped me get the hang of it.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:35 PM

Oh....OK.

Sorry, bro........thought you were allready part of the two finger gang!

Honestly......I was scared shitless to do two finger at first. I didn't even think I had the coordination to learn it to tell ya the truth!

It was pounded into my head that I needed to do it.....so......I just kept trying. Eventually(2-3 weeks) you'll start to feel confident w/ it. Spreaders will take a while before you have the strength/confidence to go two finger. Your pinkie and ring finger WILL get stronger!

My question for you is this......How the hell do you keep that bike so minty looking WITHOUT covering your clutch!?!
im a big dude.. and its called killswitch....
in the past 2 years ive only droped my bike hard 3 times,and maybe 10 times where it slipped out of my hand after a stall....
but when i was in florida ,during the night sesh i dropped my bike 12 of 20 clutch ups.. 2 that were pretty hard...
but other then that i dont drop it at all...
i taught myself the killswitch trick...if you feel its going to rip out yer hand hit the kill and hb ..and im big so i can crab it fast and some what man handle it...
***** saw one at church where if i didnt know how to do that it was heading towards where everyone was sitting under the truck.....it would have been bad...

Last edited by havok; 05-12-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:40 PM

and i cant do spreaders right now and jumping to them is out of the question,since i fall out of the dent trying to clutch them up...
Old 05-12-2009, 06:45 PM

im a big dude.. and its called killswitch....
in the past 2 years ive only droped my bike hard 3 times,and maybe 10 times where it slipped out of my hand after a stall....
but when i was in florida ,during the night sesh i dropped my bike 12 of 20 clutch ups.. 2 that were pretty hard...
but other then that i dont drop it at all...
i taught myself the killswitch trick...if you feel its going to rip out yer hand hit the kill and hb ..and im big so i can crab it fast and some what man handle it...
***** saw one at church where if i didnt know how to do that it was heading towards where everyone was sitting under the truck.....it would have been bad...
Well good ****! Atleast you've learned how to save it!! That's the first I've heard of a stunter covering the killswitch instead of the clutch! I'm 6'2" 235 pounds......so I know what your sayin about manhandling it, but damn bro......you must be an ogre! 3 hard falls in 2 years!!!! Props to you, my friend!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:03 PM

Well good ****! Atleast you've learned how to save it!! That's the first I've heard of a stunter covering the killswitch instead of the clutch! I'm 6'2" 235 pounds......so I know what your sayin about manhandling it, but damn bro......you must be an ogre! 3 hard falls in 2 years!!!! Props to you, my friend!
lol thanks yea its weird i dont cover it but if i feel like its going to get away from me or its starting to go bad,bring up the thumb and wahla...off it is and try again...im 6'4 240
Old 05-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Just do it man.. Once I started in on idle ss and circles i just always covered the clutch..It's like my safety switch..Now I do it all the time fast stuff and idle..just clutch up and catch with your middle finger but you're set up needs to be good.. Ie. the levers spaced good
Old 05-12-2009, 07:08 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
Just do it man.. Once I started in on idle ss and circles i just always covered the clutch..It's like my safety switch..Now I do it all the time fast stuff and idle..just clutch up and catch with your middle finger but you're set up needs to be good.. Ie. the levers spaced good
+1

I just always had it in my head to cover the clutch.. I never learned the hand brake using 1 finger, I always left my index on the clutch no matter what I did

I still got that habbit, and find myself rocking the highway covering the clutch.. when I should grab on with my clutch finger
Old 05-12-2009, 07:09 PM

NYstunter636 is a decent person

come on man....it's all practice you know that....you need to come down sometime and ride...it's a killer spot....
Old 05-12-2009, 07:20 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

I learned it skidding around the lot. Pull in the clutch and mash on your handbrake like your power sliding into a drift. Once I got comfy w that then I did it in SS and was all good.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Thread Killer!!!

THORPE is a decent person

I'm not an expert with it but I started learning clutch HB by doing *** drags using HB only for practicing. With your idle up its easy to slip the clutch till you get the feel of it then you get use to slipping out of a stall.

Good luck with it bro and be careful.

BTW.....
SHould be able to get your parts out this week finally.

Quick Reply: how to use hb and clutch at the same time