how to use hb and clutch at the same time

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 07:26 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: how to use hb and clutch at the same time

Originally Posted by THORPE
I'm not an expert with it but I started learning clutch HB by doing *** drags using HB only for practicing. With your idle up its easy to slip the clutch till you get the feel of it then you get use to slipping out of a stall.

Good luck with it bro and be careful.

BTW.....
SHould be able to get your parts out this week finally.
yea booooyyyy
Old 05-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Towlieee
+1

I just always had it in my head to cover the clutch.. I never learned the hand brake using 1 finger, I always left my index on the clutch no matter what I did

I still got that habbit, and find myself rocking the highway covering the clutch.. when I should grab on with my clutch finger
Yeah i need to go back to one or two fingers on hb only doing fast ****.. My panic reaction is to pull in the clutch/hb lol.. did that in HC month or two ago cause it came back further than i've had it.. luckily i wasn't throw over lol somehow.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:29 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Gettin some of the ever so sought after Thorpe bars!?!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:30 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

i just started to **** around with index on the clutch and middle on the hb. i always thought it would be hard as ****, but i was rocking staggered like that (had my foot of to the side) and i was fine, going to take some time to get used to the pressure and become more smother
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
I learned it skidding around the lot. Pull in the clutch and mash on your handbrake like your power sliding into a drift. Once I got comfy w that then I did it in SS and was all good.
Yeah that works too cause it's basically the same concept

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
you know it...
Old 05-12-2009, 07:32 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by havok
you know it...

You'll love 'em!!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:33 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

I learned it skidding around the lot. Pull in the clutch and mash on your handbrake like your power sliding into a drift. Once I got comfy w that then I did it in SS and was all good.
i did the same thing, index finger until i started riding on the road.....no toe brake and i had to use the clutch a lot so i just got used to it
Old 05-12-2009, 07:39 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Yeah I did that when on the street too. After 2 days I think it was I was comfy enough to just start doing wheelies like that but Im a slow learner w everything I do
Old 05-12-2009, 07:40 PM

You'll love 'em!!
what front end are you rocking??

and i think ill have to lower my clutch and hb cause i think they are a lil high to rock both...,and i might need a longer clutch cable,cause with my front end set up even with the easy pull its still hard to pull in...

Last edited by havok; 05-12-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Brap

how much?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:44 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

and i think ill have to lower my clutch and hb cause i think they are a lil high to rock both...,and i might need a longer clutch cable,cause with my front end set up even with the easy pull its still hard to pull in...
I got a longer clutch cable if you need one. lemme know **** - i want a set of thorpe baes
Old 05-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

i suck *** but i just started covering both as soon as i started doing seat standers....didn't need the brake but it helped me learn how to cover both at the same time....my problem is any time i hit the bar i always forget about the clutch then end up tossing the bike or both of us.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:46 PM

Race Teched out stocker F4i front end. My reason for needing the Thorpe bars is I'm running a FULL length fairing w/ my bars turned out with some rise. I wanted a comfy bar position while still being able to rock a full length fairing. The adjustability of Thorpes bars is disgusting!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Brap

Originally Posted by Kelm
I never pull in the clutch.... My first instinct is to hit the kill switch always, prevents the bike from going out of control... starting back up... anything bikes down for the count till I pick it up.
what's a killswitch? Just wait till you kick it..

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
how much?
No, no......Havok is getting HIS!!

I got a longer clutch cable if you need one. lemme know **** - i want a set of thorpe baes
word...cause i think my prob is with the front,the cable goes infront of the right fork,not on the outside,and with the angle of the clipons,i think it kinks it a bit...
Old 05-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Race Teched out stocker F4i front end. My reason for needing the Thorpe bars is I'm running a FULL length fairing w/ my bars turned out with some rise. I wanted a comfy bar position while still being able to rock a full length fairing. The adjustability of Thorpes bars is disgusting!

most likely dumb question but just want to clarify....thorpes bars are db bars correct?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
what's a killswitch? Just wait till you kick it..
hes kelm,he smashes bikes for the hell of it
you have the full set???

Quick Reply: how to use hb and clutch at the same time