my bike, its running too hot

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 11:23 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
Re: my bike, its running too hot

Originally Posted by Dr_Rip_It
but taking the thermostat out might be a quick fix. but something else larger might be wrong with the cooling system.
also can make it so coolant doesn't spend enough time being cooled down
Old 05-13-2009, 11:31 PM

skoh will become famous soon enough

well today I flushed most of the system out and just put water in it because I don't want to keep wasting and polluting the ground with antifreez. It seemed to help out temps were 220is to 235 and once I hit 240 when the display starts to blink indicating the bike is running too hot. I also changed a hose out that I noticed had a little hole in it.. what are average temps for these bikes.. bangs head
Old 05-14-2009, 12:34 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by skoh
well today I flushed most of the system out and just put water in it because I don't want to keep wasting and polluting the ground with antifreez. It seemed to help out temps were 220is to 235 and once I hit 240 when the display starts to blink indicating the bike is running too hot. I also changed a hose out that I noticed had a little hole in it.. what are average temps for these bikes.. bangs head
riding around with the idle cranked up but not going fast enough to get any air across the radiator 220 is normal but if you do any thing like drifting or burnouts the temp can shoot up pretty fast ...next time it gets up around 235 put the bike in 6th gear and cruise around for a minute and see if the temp goes back down , if it doesnt then you have a problem some where
Old 05-14-2009, 03:44 AM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Dr_Rip_It
but taking the thermostat out might be a quick fix. but something else larger might be wrong with the cooling system.
yes but it would eliminate the trapped air dilemma and that all i was tryin to help him eliminate.

i know there can be negatives but if he did that and it ran normal he'd know it was air seeing he already tested the thermostat
Old 05-14-2009, 09:51 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

on some cars i like to drill a little hole in the base of the thermostat , this helps the system bleed when you are filling an empty cooling system ..

it would probably work the same on a bike and its just a 1/4 inch hole so it doesnt really change the restriction effect of the thermostat which even when fully open helps keep the coolant in the radiator long enough to cool ..

taking a thermostat out completely can cause some bikes to over heat because the coolant is traveling too fast to do it's job ..