frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:12 PM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person
frustrated

just need to vent for a minute. i have been looking for a bike for a few months now. and i foolishly let a clean title f4i pass through my hands for 1500 to get a 03 636 for 1400. that was my bad. but i got my money together and sent it to my boy that was getting the bike for me to find out that the dude sold it even though we made a deal. then i have made plans to drive 1200 miles to florida to pick up a f4i and tonight before i am supposed to drive down tomorrow the dude pm's me to say he sold it. i know i am trying to find something cheap and **** but whats the deal. if i say im gonna sell something to somebody i sell it to them or give them the chance to jump on it before somebody else comes along. maybe it has all happened for a reason but it sucks donkey dick right now.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:16 PM
takingitbacktotheoldskool

RROCCO will become famous soon enoughRROCCO will become famous soon enough
Re: frustrated

money talks. sucks but until the bikes in your posession, the deal hasnt been made.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:19 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

first come, first serve. it's happened to me a few times and it sux
Old 05-08-2009, 10:24 PM

PeterNoggin is a decent person

for sure with the whole first come first serve I had like 3 promises that they were going to hold the bike for me to pic it up and they bailout on me but finally got my 636
Old 05-08-2009, 10:31 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

sorry to hear that
Old 05-08-2009, 10:42 PM

StuntinSS is a decent person

Same type of thing happend to me yesterday and the week before, its like a swift kick in ***!
Old 05-08-2009, 10:45 PM
***tastic

yeah i aint holding grudges or anything its just getting old i wanna ride. the last one was sweet as hell, but it is what it is
Old 05-09-2009, 12:32 AM

nowhere_bound is a decent person

Same thing has been happening to me. I even saw an '03 GSXR 600 on craigslist, told the guy if he can wait a week or two I'd give hime $2k. He said he'd take $1500, then I saw it on here for $1200. I have $1200 right now and he's right down the road from me. He hasn't got back to me on when I can come get it. I think it's sold.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:41 AM

D Rail is a decent person

def sucks but what also sucks is trying to sell ****. if someone comes by with the money im gonna sign it over on the spot as opposed to someone who has been talking to me for 2 weeks about it. dont go to buy something unless you got the cash in hand.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:00 AM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

Originally Posted by D Rail
def sucks but what also sucks is trying to sell ****. if someone comes by with the money im gonna sign it over on the spot as opposed to someone who has been talking to me for 2 weeks about it. dont go to buy something unless you got the cash in hand.
bingo. i will hold things for 24 hours(or until monday if its a weekend) and if they dont have the money by then, too bad. if someone else comes along with the money, i tell them i have a possible sale, call me tomorrow, and if i have it, its your turn to come get it
Old 05-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Hate the smell of TPD

Dan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the roughDan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the roughDan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the roughDan_DGAF666 is a jewel in the rough

people bullshit me all the time over the phone saying i want it, i want it i call you tomrrow or ill call you friday and iam thinking yea right. i never hold my breath for anybody. cash talks
Old 05-09-2009, 10:47 AM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

When i was selling my dirtbike.. (Its the first big thing i have ever sold on my own.. I learned alot.. When people call and say i want it and i will buy it in a few days... 90% Of the time i would never hear from them again or they would just keep puting it off... The guy who got my bike. Called me at 5:30 said he wanted to look at it got to my house at 7 and had it loaded up at 7:15 and i had cash in my hand.. Never again will i tell someone i am holding it for them if they really want it they will get there *** to my house and buy it.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:38 AM
***tastic

yeah i know how it is on both ends. i was trying to sell a f4 not long ago. i hate selling ****. it is a pain in the *** and you get people lowballin like hell. thats one reason i dont really blow up when people screw me on ****. i have had the same things happen to me selling and they never show up or call or whatever. the bad thing is if they would just send a message and let you know it wouldnt be a problem. but back to the point... it still sucks and i still dont have a bike to ride.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:39 AM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

sucks man....i couldnt buy my steetbike for a week b/c i was waiting for a wire transer from my dad but the guy was cool waiting for a week and a half. some people are jerks like that to not wait if ur gonna pay em.... if someone else wanted to buy it maybe give the previous potential buyer a head up at least....
Old 05-09-2009, 12:07 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by big ben
sucks man....i couldnt buy my steetbike for a week b/c i was waiting for a wire transer from my dad but the guy was cool waiting for a week and a half. some people are jerks like that to not wait if ur gonna pay em.... if someone else wanted to buy it maybe give the previous potential buyer a head up at least....
you know how many people say i want it when youre sellin something. i sell misc parts here and there and before i sell something i get at least 1 or 2 people who say i want it - im gonna send you the money in the next few days. next few days pass and they still havent sent **** so i send them a pm and get - oh another few days or whatever bs they come up with at the time. Like mentioned above a deal isnt a deal until money has exhanged hands. If I was selling a bike I wouldnt stop trying to sell it until I at least got a NON REFUNDABLE deposit from someone. Why should I lose out on a potential buyer coz someone said they would buy it but just doesnt have their money lined up Then they come look at it and decide against buying it **** that. MONEY TALKS. I dont get how thats being a jerk but I wouldnt expect you to understand anyway. Your a 16yo know it all with no real life experiences yet that likes to chime in on every topic.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:28 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by big ben
I guess im a jerk then cause im never waiting for anyone who tells me they will buy it i a few days.. If you really want it give me some money down then i will hold it for you. (I am talking on something big not petty parts)

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
you know how many people say i want it when youre sellin something. i sell misc parts here and there and before i sell something i get at least 1 or 2 people who say i want it - im gonna send you the money in the next few days. next few days pass and they still havent sent **** so i send them a pm and get - oh another few days or whatever bs they come up with at the time. Like mentioned above a deal isnt a deal until money has exhanged hands. If I was selling a bike I wouldnt stop trying to sell it until I at least got a NON REFUNDABLE deposit from someone. Why should I lose out on a potential buyer coz someone said they would buy it but just doesnt have their money lined up Then they come look at it and decide against buying it **** that. MONEY TALKS. I dont get how thats being a jerk but I wouldnt expect you to understand anyway. Your a 16yo know it all with no real life experiences yet that likes to chime in on every topic.
Very well put... I dont see how someone is a joke for not wanting to get the run around when trying to sale something
Old 05-09-2009, 12:43 PM
***tastic

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
you know how many people say i want it when youre sellin something. i sell misc parts here and there and before i sell something i get at least 1 or 2 people who say i want it - im gonna send you the money in the next few days. next few days pass and they still havent sent **** so i send them a pm and get - oh another few days or whatever bs they come up with at the time. Like mentioned above a deal isnt a deal until money has exhanged hands. If I was selling a bike I wouldnt stop trying to sell it until I at least got a NON REFUNDABLE deposit from someone. Why should I lose out on a potential buyer coz someone said they would buy it but just doesnt have their money lined up Then they come look at it and decide against buying it **** that. MONEY TALKS.
you are right and thats how **** works. but then again too when you post something on a site like this and know people are more than likely going to have to come from out of town you might have to make some kind of arrangements. and i would have gladly paypal'd some money for a deposit but that never came up and i had plans made since monday and stayed in contact twice more through the week. but maybe he got more money from someone else. and i cant hate on him for that. you gotta get what you can. but that still doesnt help my situation.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:07 PM

nowhere_bound is a decent person

All good points, there's so many bullshiters out there buyers and sellers alike. If I am selling something I make a point to keep in contact with potential buyers and let them know when another buyer is comming to look. I also like to look at things that I want to buy if I'm expecting things like a tax return, or gonna have enough next payday and always tell sellers I won't be offended if they sell before I get there, money does talk. I'd just like a little heads up that it's sold at least. I hate just not hearing anything at all back when I send an e-mail asking when a good time to come pick it up is.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:11 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

"donkey dick"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

i lost a set of f4i headlights for $60 and a f4i for $800...man I was piiiissed.