Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 01:11 AM
GP BIKES INC

faceless will become famous soon enough
Re: I need help please!!!!

Originally Posted by DIRTYJEFF636s
how many wires is that

some are solid with colored dots and other's have a colored strip down the side
ok when u open the housing for the kill switch u will see 2 wires that lead to the start button. follow them down to the plug they connect into and u will see the other 2 wires. its like a power and ground setup.total of 4. 2 in the housing and then 2 that u need to see if they are cut.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:17 AM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

Originally Posted by faceless
ok when u open the housing for the kill switch u will see 2 wires that lead to the start button. follow them down to the plug they connect into and u will see the other 2 wires. its like a power and ground setup.total of 4. 2 in the housing and then 2 that u need to see if they are cut.
i went out and double checked it, it's not cut
Old 05-08-2009, 01:26 AM
GP BIKES INC

faceless will become famous soon enough

how bout the starter ground?? its it tight? im running out of stuff to think. kinda hard without knowing what you cut.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by faceless
how bout the starter ground?? its it tight? im running out of stuff to think. kinda hard without knowing what you cut.
i'll have to look close tomm and see if it is. all i can say is i cut it infront of were the plug goes to the block above the headers.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:32 AM

bump............
Old 05-09-2009, 12:39 AM

nowhere_bound is a decent person

If you can get your hands on a multimeter, they used to be $15 at Wal Mart but it's been years since I got mine, you can see what wires have current running through them. That will eliminate a lout of issues. Check the grounds on all wires that have no current, or if they are grounds, check to see that there is something they are grounding.

Wal Mart also has wiring connector kits. You should be able to connect all the cut wires up like they were, just shorter now. You might also be able to try capping the wires and removing fuses to the wires you cut. If it needs a complete circut you might be able to just eliminate those wires from the circut.

Hard to say though, never done it on a 636.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by nowhere_bound
If you can get your hands on a multimeter, they used to be $15 at Wal Mart but it's been years since I got mine, you can see what wires have current running through them. That will eliminate a lout of issues. Check the grounds on all wires that have no current, or if they are grounds, check to see that there is something they are grounding.

Wal Mart also has wiring connector kits. You should be able to connect all the cut wires up like they were, just shorter now. You might also be able to try capping the wires and removing fuses to the wires you cut. If it needs a complete circut you might be able to just eliminate those wires from the circut.

Hard to say though, never done it on a 636.
thanks, i just soldered everything back together. i now am i pro at soldering
it works tho. lesson learn. on the good note i'm great at soldering and i noticed my sub frame bolts were loose
Old 05-09-2009, 10:00 PM

nowhere_bound is a decent person

Congradulations on getting it working again, the soldering skills, and finding those loose bolts.

What I have done with loose wires in the past is roll them up, zip strip them into a bundle, and zip strip the bundle to the two bolt holes on the head-tube of the frame the the guage mount goes in, then put a dirtbike style number plate over it for a clean look. However, this won't work if you still have guages...obviously. lol