LINKING TWO STOCK REAR calipers for more power

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:38 PM

GORBO is a decent person
LINKING TWO STOCK REAR calipers for more power

Ive seen here and there people talk about doing this, but cant really find much on it as far as feedback, so does this work wortha ****?

and is it strong enough to really get busy and still have confidence in the handbrake? and does it make the footbrake any different power of feel wise?

and for those doing this, is everything still running through a adapter at the rear master? or are you running a 80 inch line back to its own caliper along with the link line, and no adapter?

Ive got all the stuff to try this in the garage, but would rather not waste time if its not worth it

my handbrake now is pewney as hell, and Im done with it, somethings gotta happen soon

those running a 4 piston with a stock radial flipped, is that working out for you, good feel and power?? Im using a 1000rr master currently

I appreciate any feedback
Old 05-06-2009, 09:40 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person
Re: LINKING TWO STOCK REAR calipers for more power

i would just buy a 4 piston.......i picture something going wrong with that......
Old 05-06-2009, 09:42 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

four piston with a radial through an adapter works great for me and a buddy had a hohey dual with the two single piston honda calipers linked with an adapter and it was awesome ..
Old 05-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

Do you mean a dual caliper set up with 1 line to both calipers?
Old 05-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

OMR knows and is quick
Old 05-06-2009, 09:46 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by cjoec01
Do you mean a dual caliper set up with 1 line to both calipers?
line from the hand brake to the adapter in the rear master and then a line to the front caliper with a double banjo bolt so you can run a short line to the second caliper so both work at the same time
Old 05-06-2009, 09:49 PM

GORBO is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
line from the hand brake to the adapter in the rear master and then a line to the front caliper with a double banjo bolt so you can run a short line to the second caliper so both work at the same time

yep like that
Old 05-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

Just like your front brakes but on 1 rotor, I though thats what he meant but your to dam quick.
1000 post yeah!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:52 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by cjoec01
Just like your front brakes but on 1 rotor, I though thats what he meant but your to dam quick.
1000 post yeah!
kind of but there is a foot brake in the middle of it ...

1000 posts pppfffffttttt
Old 05-06-2009, 09:52 PM

GORBO is a decent person

four piston with a radial through an adapter works great for me and a buddy had a hohey dual with the two single piston honda calipers linked with an adapter and it was awesome ..

OMR, what set up do you have, you say a 4 piston with adapter? and a stock radial
Old 05-06-2009, 09:53 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by GORBO
OMR, what set up do you have, you say a 4 piston with adapter? and a stock radial
yep been rocking that set up since i started stunting ..
Old 05-06-2009, 09:57 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

so is a 4 piston or 2 stockers more powerdul??
Old 05-06-2009, 10:09 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by big ben
so is a 4 piston or 2 stockers more powerdul??
pretty close to the same , there is more pad touching with the duals but a four piston has four pistons
Old 05-06-2009, 11:45 PM

GORBO is a decent person

well hell if this is the case, Im gonna give it a shot then, thanks Roger
Old 05-07-2009, 01:38 AM

toofancy83 is a decent person

im running a hohey with 2 piston and i can 1 finger lock up. i think its all about how well you bleed the line and how good your master is.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:53 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: LINKING TWO STOCK REAR calipers for more power

Originally Posted by toofancy83
i think its all about how well you bleed the line and how good your master is.
+100
Old 05-07-2009, 02:54 AM

GORBO is a decent person

im running a hohey with 2 piston and i can 1 finger lock up. i think its all about how well you bleed the line and how good your master is.

yeah i feel the same way, right now only using a adapter set-up, no dual cal. at all

i can lock it up one finger but not easily, if i adjust my lever all the way out and I can get more power but I sacrifice feel... sucks
Old 05-07-2009, 05:51 AM
FTP

classic customs is a decent person

i am trying to set my 636 up this exact way, but i cant seem to get a double banjo that will not leak? i have actually just tried 2 but grrrr ***** aggravating me
Old 05-07-2009, 06:52 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by classic customs
i am trying to set my 636 up this exact way, but i cant seem to get a double banjo that will not leak? i have actually just tried 2 but grrrr ***** aggravating me
make sure you are using three new crush washers
Old 05-07-2009, 06:55 AM
I ♥ uR mOm

INSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant futureINSANECRAZZY has a brilliant future

i hear this set up is pimp, espeacialy on set ups that don't have 4 pistons avalible yet.

+1

Quick Reply: LINKING TWO STOCK REAR calipers for more power