LINKING TWO STOCK REAR calipers for more power

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 06:56 AM

marcus_136 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: LINKING TWO STOCK REAR calipers for more power

My setup:

But now I have changed to steel braided lines all the way and I use the 4 piston caliper for the footbrake. Works good with a 1000rr master (the Brembo 16x18 was to weak for this setup)
Old 05-07-2009, 07:33 AM

skinnyR! is a decent person

I have two stock f4i calipers running inline, through a full throttle billet adapter. 13mm magura. It is super strong, crazy sensitive. Maybe too much so. The lever feels soft and squishy, and has a ton of feel to it.

Awesome setup in my opinion. Takes some getting used to tho. And the foot brake becomes the same, as you now have two rear calipers off of it. Tons of feel.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:42 AM
SLOPDIDDY

SLOPDIDDY will become famous soon enough

the only thing i dont like about the through the mater set ups is they cant be used at the same time. i know some one will say it but everyone f's up once in a while and mistakenly will hit both at once which = no brake. i have and im sure just about everyone else on here has too. other than that it sounds gangster.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:58 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by big ben
i would just buy a 4 piston.......i picture something going wrong with that......
can you please stop giving advice on **** you dont know about. plenty of people have 2 calipers linked together.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:18 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

IMO that is going against the whole point of 2 calipers

you once again remove the ability to use your hand brake and foot brake and be able to seamlessly transfer between the two
Old 05-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Just get a 4 piston.. Tanus has the two rears hooked together and its not as strong as my 4 piston from FTI
Old 05-07-2009, 01:35 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

I think this could be dope, but you eliminate half the reason why i run a dual caliper..if you break something or get air in one line u can transfer to the other brake and keep goign.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:27 PM

vagixxer6 is a decent person

hey kevin put some pics up of the build.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:04 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Towlieee
IMO that is going against the whole point of 2 calipers

you once again remove the ability to use your hand brake and foot brake and be able to seamlessly transfer between the two
Has anyone actually found a reason to use both brakes at the same time?
Old 05-07-2009, 04:06 PM

GORBO is a decent person

Originally Posted by vagixxer6
hey kevin put some pics up of the build.

I will, Im gonna go ahead and hook it up and see what its all about, its not gonna cost me anythign but some time. If it doesnt work out Im gonna get that new full throttle dual quad joint

probabley be a few day before I get some pics up, im pretty lazy now a days, lol
Old 05-07-2009, 04:07 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MikeM
Has anyone actually found a reason to use both brakes at the same time?
When transferring between the two

When I go from a sit down to a SS, I have to FULLY let off the foot brake before using the hand brake, and when I go back, I gotta FULLY let off the hand brake before getting on the foot brake.

Has anyone found a reason for actually needing 2 calipers to the hand brake? Other then the bikes that DONT have a 4 piston caliper option?
Old 05-07-2009, 04:10 PM

GORBO is a decent person

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
Just get a 4 piston.. Tanus has the two rears hooked together and its not as strong as my 4 piston from FTI

hey T-dub, how strong is Tanuses, do you think it would pull him off the bar with a short tail whacked off at the subframe strong?
Old 05-07-2009, 04:15 PM

edit: doh read that wrong
Old 05-07-2009, 04:19 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Towlieee
When transferring between the two
When I go from a sit down to a SS, I have to FULLY let off the foot brake before using the hand brake, and when I go back, I gotta FULLY let off the hand brake before getting on the foot brake.
Is that a big deal to you though? Ive ran a single caliper for ever and I never found that to be an issue. Even transferring during coasters is fine, you only need to use one at a time, just transfer between taps (of the brake). Ive seen a lot of people on here who share your opinion on it.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:22 PM
bp chaser

Originally Posted by GORBO
hey T-dub, how strong is Tanuses, do you think it would pull him off the bar with a short tail whacked off at the subframe strong?
as long as you pull the clutch in, a 900rr master and oily pads will still bring you off the bar
Old 05-07-2009, 04:25 PM

GORBO is a decent person

as long as you pull the clutch in, a 900rr master and oily pads will still bring you off the bar

lol, very true
Old 05-07-2009, 04:26 PM

Is that a big deal to you though? Ive ran a single caliper for ever and I never found that to be an issue. Even transferring during coasters is fine, you only need to use one at a time, just transfer between taps (of the brake). Ive seen a lot of people on here who share your opinion on it.
It honestly does **** with me

it's not that big of a deal, but considering I'm sure a 4 piston alone on my hand brake will be more power then I'll ever need, I see no reason to link the 2
Old 05-07-2009, 05:41 PM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

im gonna say this, its rider preference what i like and what im comfortable with might not be for you. try what you have its all about trial and error.

for me hohey 4 piston setup with a 1000rr master flipped is butter and you might want to look into bill at full throttle hes come out with something new as well.

good luck bro