Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 11:59 PM

PeterNoggin is a decent person
Honestly now with these cages

Ok Ok I've been searching high and low about this cage thing

Ive seen and heard pros and cons about these cages

905= Bulky shin buster weak welds

A-Town= one I haven't heard anything bad

SI=was suppose to be the sh*t but now suppose to have been bending on people and weak welds too

Powers= bulky bird cage and a lil down side on cust. service

Impaktech= heard good things but hasnt been out long from my understanding

Tigershark= Pricey but lifetime warranty but now I've been hearing about this whole cross bar thing

FI and Stuntaid = heard nothing but bad

I'm probably going to get flamed on this because its been discussed but seriously now I'm freaking lost on my next purchase

But not knocking the sponsored riders but u guys defend your cages which I would do too but I wanted to get some straight up opinions on this and I have a feeling someone is going to say don't buy one then

Last edited by PeterNoggin; 05-05-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:06 AM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Honestly now with these cages

What bike is it for?

If it's for the 636, f4i, r6 go with Atown.

If it's the GSXR go with Impaktech.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:07 AM

03 636
Old 05-05-2009, 12:15 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

atown.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:31 AM

warguy is a decent person

i have an 03 636 and so does krazykyle and we both have impaktech and love it!! strong as **** and he does have a lifetime warranty on welds
Old 05-05-2009, 06:17 AM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

StuntAid FTW!

Old 05-05-2009, 10:56 AM

Bump that's it
Old 05-05-2009, 12:11 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

a-town doesnt make a 03-04 636 cage,Impaktech DOES and is the ****,tygersharks DO have a crossbar but tend to roll up on the tank/controls and are pretty expensive,SI is garbage,thin little crap(dont make me post pics)and 905,stuntaid,and FI arent even worth mentioningso go get you a Impaktech,lifetime on the welds,look gangster,2 sliders on each side,and reasonably priced($220-$250)
Old 05-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

SI for f4i i cant complain, i beat the **** out of my bikes and its held up so far. wish MXD was still in buisness.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:33 PM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point

FI breaks motor mounts.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:54 PM

ecthemc is a decent person

I heard nothing but good **** about FI's Till i saw a guy with skill on a r6' bail on his and the mount ripped his frame in half... oil, coolant - everywhere.. burn spots.. it was HORRIBLE...

I would go with SI.. it was my last purchase.. and im tired of readin about ppl complaining about a lil weld not holding.. Put some STRONG fluxcore in ur stepdaddys mig and fuckn put a GANGSTA weld on that bitch.. **** wouldnt cost u more then 30 dollars from a Real welder EITHER
Old 05-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DSGSXR600
Ok Ok I've been searching high and low about this cage thing

Ive seen and heard pros and cons about these cages

905= Bulky shin buster weak welds

A-Town= one I haven't heard anything bad

SI=was suppose to be the sh*t but now suppose to have been bending on people and weak welds too

Powers= bulky bird cage and a lil down side on cust. service

Impaktech= heard good things but hasnt been out long from my understanding

Tigershark= Pricey but lifetime warranty but now I've been hearing about this whole cross bar thing

FI and Stuntaid = heard nothing but bad

I'm probably going to get flamed on this because its been discussed but seriously now I'm freaking lost on my next purchase

But not knocking the sponsored riders but u guys defend your cages which I would do too but I wanted to get some straight up opinions on this and I have a feeling someone is going to say don't buy one then
ive seen 905 take some beatings but they are bulky , hits the shins. and id assume not good for the guys who drift

ive never seen or heard anything about a town

S.I. is what i run now, and alot of the guys i ride with run. they all seem to hold up great

powers - i just hear to much hate about them. but i have a powers sub cage that works great

still havent seen an impaktek.

tigershark - friend runs one on his 600rr and its been dropped good a few times. still holding up. spring loaded and lifetime warranty so thats sweet

FI just looks gay. lol
Old 05-05-2009, 02:14 PM

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ecthemc
I heard nothing but good **** about FI's Till i saw a guy with skill on a r6' bail on his and the mount ripped his frame in half... oil, coolant - everywhere.. burn spots.. it was HORRIBLE...

I would go with SI.. it was my last purchase.. and im tired of readin about ppl complaining about a lil weld not holding.. Put some STRONG fluxcore in ur stepdaddys mig and fuckn put a GANGSTA weld on that bitch.. **** wouldnt cost u more then 30 dollars from a Real welder EITHER
its not the welds that fail,its the TUBING...ask around,SI WAS good,but now there is BETTERnot to mention the tubing is so small,you have to grind down a socket to mount it and once it gets smashed in the slightest,you have to CUT THE CAGE OFFsorry SI,some of your stuff is good(roundbars,heel gaurds,etc.)but the cages are HOT GARBAGE
Old 05-05-2009, 02:20 PM

sxscroggie is a decent person

I've gotta admit I'm not a cage expert...
got a friend w/ tigershark on a 600RR for a year now and it definately takes the abuse well.
anotherfriend on 954 broke a FI, switched to sick, broke that too. welded it up, all OK now.
I ran a 905 while i had a bike that needed one. I dropped beat and totally hammered the cage. after a year it was a little tweaked. Definately a shin/knee buster! haha. My real problem was that on one of the first drops I guess I changed the shape (haha) and the cross bar was up against my oil filter... made it leak. easy fix though, flattened the middle of the bar w/ a big hammer. all good after that.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:20 PM

T'RIC'KY will become famous soon enough

SI took alot of abuse on my 954 so far and for the 03 636 all I can say is that I watched Twite practicing highchair circles last year and he pancaked hard a couple times but his SI cage took it like a champ, nothing bent or broke, if I would ride this bike I would def get me an SI cage.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:42 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by loogie
its not the welds that fail,its the TUBING...ask around,SI WAS good,but now there is BETTERnot to mention the tubing is so small,you have to grind down a socket to mount it and once it gets smashed in the slightest,you have to CUT THE CAGE OFFsorry SI,some of your stuff is good(roundbars,heel gaurds,etc.)but the cages are HOT GARBAGE
-1......gotta completely disagree. My SI has taken SEVERE abuse....no problems. My craftsman sockets fit just fine....no grinding. If Ian didn't use allen head bolts for the main mount, and used a normal hex head, I could see a problem getting your cage off after its bent a bit....BUT....w/ those allen heads there's lots of room. Mine's bent.....can take it off and install it just fine. Great cages, IMO!

I know you've already been told that there was a bad batch of tubing.........it might be time to start believing what people are telling you...
Old 05-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

some cages def work better with diff bikes. somethign to consider is how long the company has been around and how long they are going to be around. cust service is also a big deal.

you want an established company that is professional with good cust service, shipping, etc.

what you need to do is post up what bike you have, then get opinions.

everyone screams this cage and that cage (and not knockign new companies bc competition is good for the consumer) but a lot of these cages have been out for only a short time and will only be around for a short time. ie. what do you do if you had an mdx cage and it broke or something? - i dont think they are around so you are stuck buying somethign new again.

speaking from an FI perspective, you hear more complaints bc there are more of those cages out there and people rarely mention their good experiences...instead its always the complaints you hear about - with any company. their service is top notch as is their shipping, etc. i like it bc it is sleek and comes in different parts...you do need to maintain them however and replace motor mounts after big crashes. not saying they havent effed up bikes before (i've seen it, but never experienced in on any of my bikes: 900rr, 636, 600rr and just bc i'm a good rider doesnt mean i always was).

there are def many good choices out there...what bike do you have?

whoever said FI looks bad is retarded! lol sleekest lookign cage out there and you can get a knee down with it on for sure...anyways, ya i'm FI sponsored, have been for years. make an educated choice and go with somethign that will work for YOUR style of riding and skill level
Old 05-05-2009, 02:55 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Good post, Teach!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
some cages def work better with diff bikes. somethign to consider is how long the company has been around and how long they are going to be around. cust service is also a big deal.

you want an established company that is professional with good cust service, shipping, etc.

what you need to do is post up what bike you have, then get opinions.

everyone screams this cage and that cage (and not knockign new companies bc competition is good for the consumer) but a lot of these cages have been out for only a short time and will only be around for a short time. ie. what do you do if you had an mdx cage and it broke or something? - i dont think they are around so you are stuck buying somethign new again.

speaking from an FI perspective, you hear more complaints bc there are more of those cages out there and people rarely mention their good experiences...instead its always the complaints you hear about - with any company. their service is top notch as is their shipping, etc. i like it bc it is sleek and comes in different parts...you do need to maintain them however and replace motor mounts after big crashes. not saying they havent effed up bikes before (i've seen it, but never experienced in on any of my bikes: 900rr, 636, 600rr and just bc i'm a good rider doesnt mean i always was).

there are def many good choices out there...what bike do you have?

whoever said FI looks bad is retarded! lol sleekest lookign cage out there and you can get a knee down with it on for sure...anyways, ya i'm FI sponsored, have been for years. make an educated choice and go with somethign that will work for YOUR style of riding and skill level
Good call teach but I'll drop my bike more in one day then u would in two years
Old 05-05-2009, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
-1......gotta completely disagree. My SI has taken SEVERE abuse....no problems. My craftsman sockets fit just fine....no grinding. If Ian didn't use allen head bolts for the main mount, and used a normal hex head, I could see a problem getting your cage off after its bent a bit....BUT....w/ those allen heads there's lots of room. Mine's bent.....can take it off and install it just fine. Great cages, IMO!

I know you've already been told that there was a bad batch of tubing.........it might be time to start believing what people are telling you...
ya,youre right...it was a a bad batch of tubing...but thats FAILURE any way you look at it...and it busted the tubing on a light drop on a drift,not a whoolieAND effed up my frame AND took 3 weeks to recieve a replacement(which i sold immediately)so that was the one shot with SI for me...not that i dont still support and rock SI stuff,because i do(roundbar,heel gaurds,etc.)but i would NEVER rock another cage from them and NEVER recomend it to ANYONEim not gonna disagree with your opinion,because you are entitled to it and im glad your SI DIDNT fail,and DIDNT eff up your frame,AND keep you off your primary street/stunt bike for almost a month,but thats what happened to me and i will always throw it out there if somebody needs opinions

Quick Reply: Honestly now with these cages