Honestly now with these cages

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:47 PM

PeterNoggin is a decent person
Re: Honestly now with these cages

Originally Posted by 04Gixxer_Stunts
yea your telling me every time i do a big turn that **** scrapes the bottom and it almost threw me off once (well **** it i got my cage and 12bar for only 200)
I had 905 on my 06 gix and here you on the scrapin part and that deal is sweet
Old 05-06-2009, 02:21 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DSGSXR600
see I called the lady at tigershark and she said it covers welds and bends on the cage
From what I understand, its up to them. You send 'em the cage, if they can fix it, they will.....if not, they'll send ya a new one. That's what she told me at one point in time.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:25 PM

so really this whole cage thing is just going to be a toss up then ****
Old 05-06-2009, 02:41 PM

sxscroggie is a decent person

905 scraping... I kinda liked it. that bike wasn't my streeter so i didn't ever try to drag knee (i'm sure it wouldn't lean far enough), but for drift and donuts just put the cage on the ground and go. haha. i say that could be an advantage if not for the constant hitting of knee/shin on steel
Old 05-06-2009, 02:43 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sxscroggie
905 scraping... I kinda liked it. that bike wasn't my streeter so i didn't ever try to drag knee (i'm sure it wouldn't lean far enough), but for drift and donuts just put the cage on the ground and go. haha. i say that could be an advantage if not for the constant hitting of knee/shin on steel

scraping metal on the ground = losing control
Old 05-06-2009, 02:44 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

pay 380 including shipping for a tygershark?? hmmm no. oh great you get a warranty with it, which means if something does go wrong youll pay another 80 or so in shipping to get it warrantied so youll end up paying 460 for a cage if anything happens.........orrr you can buy a reasonabley priced cage and if something goes wrong you can just buy a brand new one and still be at the same price range as a tygershark deal
Old 05-06-2009, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
pay 380 including shipping for a tygershark?? hmmm no. oh great you get a warranty with it, which means if something does go wrong youll pay another 80 or so in shipping to get it warrantied so youll end up paying 460 for a cage if anything happens.........orrr you can buy a reasonabley priced cage and if something goes wrong you can just buy a brand new one and still be at the same price range as a tygershark deal

+11 Dammit I didn't think of that ****

Good call
Old 05-06-2009, 02:55 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I do think tygersharks are expensive

but cmon, $80 shipping? My friend shipped a FIDDY for $80..

I think tygershark needs a cross bar or a third mount personally

And SI's tubes are too small, they need bigger tubing so sockets fit easier

FI is great if you don't care about your motor mounts getting stripped on hard falls
905.. eh, **** 905. I've watched one snap from a low side
powers looks bulky, has shitty customer service, but IMO they do look good for learning, but I"ve never sued one or know anyone that has.
My friend has a MXD cage, and IMO it looks good for him to learn on.. Nice and beefy ton of support.. But it is also bulky

A-town and Impaktech look like they are BOSS cages

and stuntaid, we all know stunt aid is garabge. Just just for the sake of argument, to all the people saying FI cages are good.. I ran a stuntaid as my first cage, held up great. Actually lasted me longer then my SI cage!
Just luck is all.. But it did end up stripping both my motor mounts, and took out my stator cover when it finally decided to go
Old 05-06-2009, 02:58 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Towlieee

FI is great if you don't care about your motor mounts getting stripped on hard falls
powers looks bulky, has shitty customer service, but IMO they do look good for learning, but I"ve never sued one or know anyone that has.
My friend has a MXD cage, and IMO it looks good for him to learn on.. Nice and beefy ton of support.. But it is also bulky

and stuntaid, we all know stunt aid is garabge. Just just for the sake of argument, to all the people saying FI cages are good.. I ran a stuntaid as my first cage, held up great. Actually lasted me longer then my SI cage!
Just luck is all.. But it did end up stripping both my motor mounts, and took out my stator cover when it finally decided to go
i just shipped an SI cage to tenn from ny it cost me 28 dollars usps. if u look on tygersharks website they have the shipping rates. you can get it shipped to you for 20 but thats ups ground which will take 2 ******* weeks, or you can do 3 day select which is 49. they dont offer usps which would be around 40 from there to ny.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:22 PM

Dilts646 is an unknown quantity at this point

So I heres another question I'm thinking tigershark I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for if you understand what I'm saying but say for instance if i mash the cage and i need to do that warranty stuff is it pretty smooth sailing or are there some hiccups with that? But does Atown or SI do that warranty thing too? But like teach says business thats been open the longest does show that lifetime run but I believe that new things are sometime better than the old........ If you know what I mean

Dude do you honestly think it's worth it to send a cage into a company to get re welded? You can do it your self, or bring it to a local welder, exhaust shop anywhere and get it welded CHEAP, CHEAPER and a lot FASTER than sending it in to get welded!
Old 05-06-2009, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dilts646
Dude do you honestly think it's worth it to send a cage into a company to get re welded? You can do it your self, or bring it to a local welder, exhaust shop anywhere and get it welded CHEAP, CHEAPER and a lot FASTER than sending it in to get welded!

No welding background but I now I know
Old 05-06-2009, 04:47 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Good post!

Tygersharks do have a crossbar, now. They changed that last year.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
Good post!

Tygersharks do have a crossbar, now. They changed that last year.
ahh do they?

I"ve heard they do, I just haven't seen any pics with a cross bar

I just ordered the CJ3 cage for a friends f4i, does it have a cross bar?
Old 05-06-2009, 05:04 PM

ahh do they?

I"ve heard they do, I just haven't seen any pics with a cross bar

I just ordered the CJ3 cage for a friends f4i, does it have a cross bar?
Ahhh......good question!

I've seen the new design........the crossbar takes away from the clean look they used to have, IMO

However......I do not know if ALL models come w/ a crossbar, now or not.

Call 'em up!
Old 05-06-2009, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
Ahhh......good question!

I've seen the new design........the crossbar takes away from the clean look they used to have, IMO

However......I do not know if ALL models come w/ a crossbar, now or not.

Call 'em up!
ahhh I seee

I ordered it about 2 weeks ago, I'll just wait and see what shows up haha

My friend had to have the tygershark cage
Old 05-06-2009, 05:15 PM

ahhh I seee

I ordered it about 2 weeks ago, I'll just wait and see what shows up haha

My friend had to have the tygershark cage
Well.....I'm bored, so I called..

She said the ONLY cages w/ crossbars are for the '03-'06 636's. She said the cage itself was longer, thus alowing for more flex which was allowing the cage to flex into the case covers, causing damage, obviouslly.

So....there it is!
Old 05-06-2009, 05:39 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

i just shipped an SI cage to tenn from ny it cost me 28 dollars usps. if u look on tygersharks website they have the shipping rates. you can get it shipped to you for 20 but thats ups ground which will take 2 ******* weeks, or you can do 3 day select which is 49. they dont offer usps which would be around 40 from there to ny.
+1 those cages are heavy as **** which means they will be expensive as **** to send back. the warranty would only be good if you lived right by there shop

i have never had good luck with F.I. on the 636 or the f4i

905 on a 929 and it was hell on the shins

powers on my gixxer way back was also a shin buster

mxd on the f4i was diesel but they are gone and the customer service was ****

s.i. on the f4i and the new design thicker tubing on the 636 has been fine. the problem is the 636 motor mounts are way to far apart so s.i. has seemed to fix it. mine has been fine. i seen hollywoods bike tumble down the lot in florida and only broke the windscreen.

those are all cages i have had and my experience with them
Old 05-08-2009, 12:05 AM

chpsk8er630 is an unknown quantity at this point

si cage on my f4i. Never had any problems and it takes hard hits. keep the bolts tight and you wont strip anything. Its how people take care of cages is y they strip motor mounts.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Mikey P. Freestyle

crew72 is a decent person

Impaktech.. All the way I have one on my 06 gixxer and dropped it from 12 to the side and all it did was mark the puck. I was extremely uneasy when I first bought it because he is a new builder. But out of all the cages I have had its not bulky, you can still corner, your knees dont hit it and its strong as hell. **** I got mine for 225 shipped. Thats a good deal..
DO IT, JUST DO IT
Impaktech
Old 05-08-2009, 12:26 AM
ATOWNCUSTOMS.COM

squidlyr6 is a decent person

So I heres another question I'm thinking tigershark I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for if you understand what I'm saying but say for instance if i mash the cage and i need to do that warranty stuff is it pretty smooth sailing or are there some hiccups with that? But does Atown or SI do that warranty thing too? But like teach says business thats been open the longest does show that lifetime run but I believe that new things are sometime better than the old........ If you know what I mean
a-town is the **** my r6 is fully set up from him and i wreck that **** everytime i ride and all i have to replace is delrin and a-town will stand behinde his ****

Quick Reply: Honestly now with these cages