Honestly now with these cages

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of
Re: Honestly now with these cages

from my little bit of experience, had a 905 on the 99,learning from ground zero, and seen the bike bounce off one side to the other and no damage some bending, but bulky and hit the ground leaning. The 07 SI on it, taken some good hits, cracked a motor mount but the cage is still solid, can drag knee with this cage. Has rolled onto the tank once or twice more so frame design not the cage.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:48 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by loogie
ya,youre right...it was a a bad batch of tubing...but thats FAILURE any way you look at it...and it busted the tubing on a light drop on a drift,not a whoolieAND effed up my frame AND took 3 weeks to recieve a replacement(which i sold immediately)so that was the one shot with SI for me...not that i dont still support and rock SI stuff,because i do(roundbar,heel gaurds,etc.)but i would NEVER rock another cage from them and NEVER recomend it to ANYONEim not gonna disagree with your opinion,because you are entitled to it and im glad your SI DIDNT fail,and DIDNT eff up your frame,AND keep you off your primary street/stunt bike for almost a month,but thats what happened to me and i will always throw it out there if somebody needs opinions
Understandable...
Old 05-05-2009, 03:49 PM

biggie smalls is a decent person

started learning on an 05 636 with a FI cage and i loved it... it obviously took hard hits because i was learning and i never had a problem with anything at all
Old 05-05-2009, 04:01 PM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
some cages def work better with diff bikes. somethign to consider is how long the company has been around and how long they are going to be around. cust service is also a big deal.

you want an established company that is professional with good cust service, shipping, etc.

what you need to do is post up what bike you have, then get opinions.

everyone screams this cage and that cage (and not knockign new companies bc competition is good for the consumer) but a lot of these cages have been out for only a short time and will only be around for a short time. ie. what do you do if you had an mdx cage and it broke or something? - i dont think they are around so you are stuck buying somethign new again.

speaking from an FI perspective, you hear more complaints bc there are more of those cages out there and people rarely mention their good experiences...instead its always the complaints you hear about - with any company. their service is top notch as is their shipping, etc. i like it bc it is sleek and comes in different parts...you do need to maintain them however and replace motor mounts after big crashes. not saying they havent effed up bikes before (i've seen it, but never experienced in on any of my bikes: 900rr, 636, 600rr and just bc i'm a good rider doesnt mean i always was).

there are def many good choices out there...what bike do you have?

whoever said FI looks bad is retarded! lol sleekest lookign cage out there and you can get a knee down with it on for sure...anyways, ya i'm FI sponsored, have been for years. make an educated choice and go with somethign that will work for YOUR style of riding and skill level
+1 I always get bashed for running an FI but I know that's what you guys (and the VO's) the always ran and it's held up good my my squidly ***. Good post
Old 05-05-2009, 04:11 PM

scandelous81 is a decent person

Have had the new design 905 for about a year, it is for sure a shin buster not going to lie. Has taken a few bad drops and so far has been fine, never rolls over on tank or the bars which i like.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:16 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

-FI is garbage, I have had 2 bikes with this cage and motor mounts stripped out...any rider out there sponsored by any cage company is gonna rep em to the fullest, if your on the level of Teach, Darius, AC then it might be a good cage, but be real, "we" drop our **** hard everyday and that cage can not take that kind of abuse, after all it was designed what 10-15 years ago and has remained the same since Sry sponsored FI riders

-905 has good customer service, cage could be better though, not bad I had one on my 98 900rr that took a better beating that the Fi cage that came on it

-SI for the f4i is : straight diesel! for the 03-04 636 garbage, but heard they redesigned it so I dunno

I can only speak for them 3 cages since those are all Ive had...just my honest opnion on em
Old 05-05-2009, 08:48 PM

ecthemc is a decent person

Originally Posted by loogie
its not the welds that fail,its the TUBING...ask around,SI WAS good,but now there is BETTERnot to mention the tubing is so small,you have to grind down a socket to mount it and once it gets smashed in the slightest,you have to CUT THE CAGE OFFsorry SI,some of your stuff is good(roundbars,heel gaurds,etc.)but the cages are HOT GARBAGE
Damn.. Yea I read osmething like they will replace any welds that break or that might be a myth.. Thats sad tho they using thin tube.. I really did love mine on my GSXR but then again I never really smashed on it much.. jus some scrapes and Handlebar saves... Actually I was thinking my Renthal Bars would last longer then ANY cage I put on that beast
Old 05-06-2009, 01:02 AM

Desperado is a decent person

i have a stunt aid on my f4i and that bitch holds up awesome!! it's built strong!!
Old 05-06-2009, 02:10 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DSGSXR600
Ok Ok I've been searching high and low about this cage thing

Ive seen and heard pros and cons about these cages

905= Bulky shin buster weak welds

A-Town= one I haven't heard anything bad

SI=was suppose to be the sh*t but now suppose to have been bending on people and weak welds too

Powers= bulky bird cage and a lil down side on cust. service

Impaktech= heard good things but hasnt been out long from my understanding

Tigershark= Pricey but lifetime warranty but now I've been hearing about this whole cross bar thing

FI and Stuntaid = heard nothing but bad

i'd say you pretty much hit it on the head......03-636 i'd say go with tigershark or sick innovations
Old 05-06-2009, 02:19 AM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to agree with teach. Fi is the way to go. They are sleek and clean. I personaly never had an issue with them however I never slam miy bike on the ground ithere.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:29 AM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

I am NOT sponsored by anyone for obvious reasons. I am squidly and pancake my bike and routinely low side/high side it.

I have an FI cage.....yeah i have to switch the engine bolts out after a decent wreck. big deal. it rolls on the bars sometimes.....but not as much as other brands. with FI 0 degree clip ons and my controls SNUG NOT SOLID worst i ever did was bent a tube. cost me $10.

Bout to get an SI cage.....**** I'll give it a try and see what it is....I'm not getting rid of my FI cuz I'm not happy....just cuz i came across a good deal on an SI cage and everyone says they're so diesel. **** might end up just selling both and buying a Tyger Shark.

In the end a cage is built to take a beating, it is abused day after day and the point of having it is to save your bike.....not save the cage. No cage out there is going to withstand anything you throw at it.....and if your frame breaks before your cage that doesn't make it a good cage, in my opinion that makes it a shitty cage cuz the point of one is to save your BIKE.

Teach made some good points.....I'd rather have customer service, individual parts, and a bike in one piece.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:10 AM

PeterNoggin is a decent person

All you guys make good points
Old 05-06-2009, 06:45 AM

So I heres another question I'm thinking tigershark I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for if you understand what I'm saying but say for instance if i mash the cage and i need to do that warranty stuff is it pretty smooth sailing or are there some hiccups with that? But does Atown or SI do that warranty thing too? But like teach says business thats been open the longest does show that lifetime run but I believe that new things are sometime better than the old........ If you know what I mean
Old 05-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

just a question...how do you warranty a cage?

are you supposed to send the cage back to get it rewelded or whatever? that seems kinda foolish. i could understand sending a new cage if there was something wrong from teh get go, but wrecking on a cage and then getting a warranty? doesn't make much sense. lotta diesel cages out there for sure
Old 05-06-2009, 10:02 AM
houstons tard

white bandito is a decent person

ive got a fi cage on my f4i and have had no problems so far. of course i dont drop the bike hard. but a cage is not the end all of bike protection. it just breaks before your bike parts do. kinda like a buffer. so it needs replacing too. most dont do it. and ive heard if you drill out the motor mounts on the fi cage and tap out a bigger bolt they dont break mounts anymore. get whats ben around and what is easy to get parts for. they all work.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:15 AM
CLUTCH IT UP BRRAAPPP!

dstb40 is a decent person

tygershark only does the welds if the metal bends or somethin happens ur screwed as the same wit everyone else also impaktech has the same warranty their built like a tank id say either or youll be fine
Old 05-06-2009, 01:10 PM

see I called the lady at tigershark and she said it covers welds and bends on the cage
Old 05-06-2009, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
are you supposed to send the cage back to get it rewelded or whatever?

See I didn't ask if you get a new one if the cage goes to crap
Old 05-06-2009, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by dstb40
tygershark only does the welds if the metal bends or somethin happens ur screwed as the same wit everyone else also impaktech has the same warranty their built like a tank id say either or youll be fine

Hey you still going fighter look with that bike or back to ff?
Old 05-06-2009, 01:29 PM

04Gixxer_Stunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by DSGSXR600

Powers= bulky bird cage and a lil down side on cust. service

yea your telling me every time i do a big turn that **** scrapes the bottom and it almost threw me off once (well **** it i got my cage and 12bar for only 200)

Quick Reply: Honestly now with these cages