Front rotors wtf??

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 12:15 AM

sixxxer-fuddy is a decent person
Front rotors wtf??

ok so iride an o6 gixxer 6 and the rivets on my rotors came looses to the point i can move them with my hands,im assuming from wheelies and stoppies??? i got another set recently,rode with em for maybe 10 hours tops maybe 2 of those being stunt time and now these ones are coming loose...wondering what the **** causes this i thought it was a rare occurance???? wtf...

anyone??? thanks
Old 05-04-2009, 12:18 AM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person
Re: Front rotors wtf??

mine do and so do a lot of peoples its no buggie
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

i've seen it happen on a few bikes before dunno wut causes it though.....

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

If by loose do you mean the rotors are 'floating'?

If so, many bikes come factory with floating rotors, and many more bikes can have their factory rotors converted to floating..

Now if the bolts holding it to your rim are coming lose, I'd suggest lock tite and looking up the proper torque specs
Old 05-04-2009, 12:25 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Front rotors wtf??

Originally Posted by Towlieee
looking up the proper torque specs
+1MILLION
Old 05-04-2009, 12:28 AM

If by loose do you mean the rotors are 'floating'?

If so, many bikes come factory with floating rotors, and many more bikes can have their factory rotors converted to floating..

Now if the bolts holding it to your rim are coming lose, I'd suggest lock tite and looking up the proper torque specs

im not retarded i know they float but this is like serious ******* floatation its the rivits yes obviously not the bolts why would i ask if the bolts come loose i would just tighten them..imean i am a squid but come on now

Last edited by sixxxer-fuddy; 05-04-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:48 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sixxxer-fuddy
im not retarded i know they float but this is like serious ******* floatation its the rivits yes obviously not the bolts why would i ask if the bolts come loose i would just tighten them..imean i am a squid but come on now
If your rotors are floating on the rivets IDK why you'd come here period

I was asking a honest question, if your bolts are coming lose there is a seriuos problem, if your rotors are floating on the rivets, TADA thats called floating rotors

I don't know why its ok, or how its ok.. But people take bikes and PURPOSELY make the rivets move so they can float...
Old 05-04-2009, 12:50 AM

If your rotors are floating on the rivets IDK why you'd come here period

I was asking a honest question, if your bolts are coming lose there is a seriuos problem, if your rotors are floating on the rivets, TADA thats called floating rotors

I don't know why its ok, or how its ok.. But people take bikes and PURPOSELY make the rivets move so they can float...
they rattle at idle that is notnormal
Old 05-04-2009, 12:50 AM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive seen fork oil doing that to rotors from bad seals
Old 05-04-2009, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bubash
Ive seen fork oil doing that to rotors from bad seals
def not that in my case
Old 05-04-2009, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by sixxxer-fuddy
they rattle at idle that is notnormal
from the fzr forum I visited, they said floating rotors made the rotors make a LOT of chattering under breaking and stuff, but supposedly improved braking performance, and allowed peoples rotors to be slightly bent but still not feel anyhting at the bars

Never read anything about rattling at idle
Old 05-04-2009, 01:01 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i dont know if this is your problem or even if you do have a problem but i have seen calipers that push from one side , this will be easy to check just squeeze the brake and watch the rotor to see if it moves to one side , it shouldnt ..
Old 05-04-2009, 01:50 AM

hanasanaide is a decent person

they shouldn't be audible, they expand when it's hot, that's it

it sounds like what omr is talking about, the calipers might be tilting the rivets out of place, making them loose, and with 4 different rotors, its definitely not the rotors..
Old 05-04-2009, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by hanasanaide
they shouldn't be audible, they expand when it's hot, that's it

it sounds like what omr is talking about, the calipers might be tilting the rivets out of place, making them loose, and with 4 different rotors, its definitely not the rotors..
how isit not the rotorsifclearly theyare loose
Old 05-04-2009, 02:51 AM

hanasanaide is a decent person

hah, i know they're loose, if you swapped out rotors and they all do the same thing then something else is causing that, the rotors at one time were good, check the calipers how omr said
Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 AM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by old man roger
i dont know if this is your problem or even if you do have a problem but i have seen calipers that push from one side , this will be easy to check just squeeze the brake and watch the rotor to see if it moves to one side , it shouldnt ..
+1......one of the caliper pistons could be seized making the opposite side work 2X as hard and causes a push to the rotor from one side only. that can b a creak,squeak or 'ting"-ing noise
Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 AM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

i thought if they are loose they are worn..i had about 15k on my last ones and i replaced them,
Old 05-04-2009, 07:25 AM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by old man roger
boo that was gunna be my answer. the only thing that would cause that would be uneven pressure.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:27 AM
unemployment anonymous

wheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the roughwheelburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by $$$$DINO$$$$
i thought if they are loose they are worn..i had about 15k on my last ones and i replaced them,
15k aint **** . . . . there are people with 50k on stock rotors . . there is no need for them to be replaced unless they are under the min thickness , if they were damaged or if warped . . period
Old 05-04-2009, 07:28 AM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by $$$$DINO$$$$
if the rivets are allowing the rotor to shift side/side......i don't have to explain myself, i wouldn't ride the bike till i got a new set of discs....

Quick Reply: Front rotors wtf??