Inside flamingo circles to the right

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:50 PM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person
Inside flamingo circles to the right

ive been workin on flamingo circles for a while but the only way i can get the bike to consistently lean is to have my foot in the second seat hole and kick my right foot straigt out to the side like a rl circle. at first I was leanign in rather than the bike and the bike would kind of ''fall'' rather than turn. yesterday i gat a few full loops in b/c i started counter stearing and getting ''over'' the bike...... i have virtually stock gearing and only if i clutch straight up to 12 will i b able to keep it slow enough to lean in...... so i dont want to have my idle up, but the bike contunaully wants to high side after about the first 180......any advice on this?????? simply more lean angle?????? a few times ive countersteered and leaned out to get over the bike and it falls to the left anyway, any tips on how to make the bike lean over a little easier to i can stay ''over''' it better??? ive had problems going to the right but its a little more easier to lean to the right than the left, but harder to keep it going, thanks[/quote]
Old 05-03-2009, 09:58 PM

stevestunt is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Inside flamingo circles to the right

Originally Posted by big ben
ive been workin on flamingo circles for a while but the only way i can get the bike to consistently lean is to have my foot in the second seat hole and kick my right foot straigt out to the side like a rl circle. at first I was leanign in rather than the bike and the bike would kind of ''fall'' rather than turn. yesterday i gat a few full loops in b/c i started counter stearing and getting ''over'' the bike...... i have virtually stock gearing and only if i clutch straight up to 12 will i b able to keep it slow enough to lean in...... so i dont want to have my idle up, but the bike contunaully wants to high side after about the first 180......any advice on this?????? simply more lean angle?????? a few times ive countersteered and leaned out to get over the bike and it falls to the left anyway, any tips on how to make the bike lean over a little easier to i can stay ''over''' it better??? ive had problems going to the right but its a little more easier to lean to the right than the left, but harder to keep it going, thanks
[/quote]

center your body with the bike...... if the bike keeps falling most likely your not keeping the front high enough..
Old 05-03-2009, 09:59 PM
houstons tard

white bandito is a decent person

how much pressure you runnin in your tire? and you need to be on idle. at least you will be steering them around hopefully. they will be big but they will be circles
Old 05-03-2009, 10:04 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

i feel like you might be sorta full of ****...but if not post a video and i can prob help you if i see what youre doing
Old 05-03-2009, 10:04 PM
houstons tard

can you do *** drags?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:05 PM
houstons tard

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i feel like you might be sorta full of ****...but if not post a video and i can prob help you if i see what youre doing
i didnt wanna say it
Old 05-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

If you can get some video. Not sure what way your goin, sounds like right. like Bandito said be ridin idle, adjust it so you roll around 10 mph. If your highsideing out 1/2 way into a 12 then to high like Steve saying and/or too much gas. I'm workin on goin the other way and catch myself putting weight on the outside of the bike, which without clutch n brake would send me flying.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:41 PM
CA STUNTER

i do have video.... ill log and capture it tonight but not sure when itll b up.... i run 39 in the rear and my idles at 1500
Old 05-03-2009, 10:56 PM
houstons tard

i do have video.... ill log and capture it tonight but not sure when itll b up.... i run 39 in the rear and my idles at 1500
idk what you wanna run your idle at on a v twin maybe when the motor smooths out is where you want it at if its not too fast. try seat standers and just throw your body off the side and make the bike steer. be on high idle and blip the throttle and the bike will turn a bit. keep doing that with low pressure and you should steer big circles. to get them tight. air up your tire to about 28psi and do the same thing but now when you are on idle and you dip it back turn your bars look into the circle and bend your legs slightly. the bike should fall in. then blip the throttle again to ride it around. then its just blips and being smooth on the handbrake to finish pulling it around
Old 05-03-2009, 11:26 PM
CA STUNTER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3slVcivXvYA well its crappy quality but here it is
Old 05-03-2009, 11:29 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Are you even doing SS circles yet? Or are you just going out trying to do 1 foot circles?

Do a ss circle with both feet spread out, gives you a lot more control then trying to push and control the bike from 1 foot!

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
Old 05-03-2009, 11:32 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3slVcivXvYA well its crappy quality but here it is
dude your FLYIN into them circles!

Try slowing it down more, if you highside at that speed your FUCKED

You got ***** that's for sure.. But don't go getting hurt!

I can't tell cause theres no sound, but are you coming in on throttle or on idle?? Learn to ride ON idle with no throttle input before trying circles..

edit: after watching it again, looks ilke your chopping the throttle, so looks like your trying to power through circles?
if thats the case, definetiyl slow down, and ride watered down idle circles to learn.. Your nuts man! lol
Old 05-03-2009, 11:34 PM

IMO this is how you should learn circles... leave fast **** for later when you have better control
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUn7f1KHQ7g

What your doing looks dangerous as all hell
Old 05-03-2009, 11:36 PM
CA STUNTER

since i have stock gearing i have to clutch up instantly so if i have idle too hih im afraid ill loop b/c my hb is kinda all or nothing.......yea,,, the throttle is choppy as hell...
Old 05-03-2009, 11:36 PM
houstons tard

you got them things. throttle more when it wants to highside and it will keep goi9ng. you start turning and forget to dip back to keep it going. you pretty much got em. going slower would make it easier though. but you are going to have some lean with that speed
Old 05-03-2009, 11:37 PM
houstons tard

since i have stock gearing i have to clutch up instantly so if i have idle too hih im afraid ill loop b/c my hb is kinda all or nothing.......yea,,, the throttle is choppy as hell...
a better handbrake set up will help. more feel is what you need. stay on the handbrake slightly and feather it.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:38 PM

Work on covering the clutch to get over the hand brake being a problem

My hand brake sucks *** too

Get some gearing too, it'll make it a LOT easier to learn

I learned cirlces before I learned no throttle hands... But it wouldn't hurt to get good enough to do SS no throttle hand wheelies.. IF you can do them then you'll be smooth enough to do SS circles

Also stand with both feet is easier.. I don't personally stand in my seat or my 12 bar, I stand between the 2 seats.. But idk how it is on SV
Old 05-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Raf
I make wheelies

Raf is a decent person

hahahaha first on the related video list was the craigslist stunt police vid.

youtube has a stunt skills detector now
CA STUNTER

i ordered the basic master from fti with a 80 inch line no toe brake......but my hb will only go in about 1/8 of an inch .......its hard as a rock.....
houstons tard

Originally Posted by Towlieee
IMO this is how you should learn circles... leave fast **** for later when you have better control
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUn7f1KHQ7g

What your doing looks dangerous as all hell
get em like that and then all i did was bump up tire pressure and i was whippin em after 2 rides

Quick Reply: Inside flamingo circles to the right